Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #58

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you but creatives crave alone time to create.

I think it was a problem for them as a couple. He created alone and she needed him to create. I don't think that's what he wanted but didn't realize it until they were actually traveling. He couldn't do what he craved and resented her for being able to do what she craved.

I absolutely agree that creatives crave/need alone time to create. I know I need alone time. BL and GP had traveled across the country together before. I believe they'd have a sense of one another's rhythms because of this. That said, something could easily have shifted during this recent trip. Well, it's clear something shifted, IMO.

I think there is plenty of evidence now of BL being alive and living with sufficient comforts. One thing I’ve learned is that evidence should go directly to LE and bypass re-posting on social media until they’ve had a chance to investigate. Not everything goes viral. Sometimes going viral is helpful. Sometimes it’s definitely not. If you can sleuth it, BL has the means to, too. He probably mostly accesses it overnight. I believe he’ll be discovered soon. I’m starting to get the feeling he’s tired of hiding. Despite anything else he may have done, turning himself in would be an act of great courage. You can do it, Brian! MOO

What evidence exists that BL is still alive? I haven't seen any evidence of him being alive or dead. Just wondering.

Ordinarily I would agree with you. However, if you
  • leave your dead girlfriend to rot on the ground and don't even have the decency to bury her
  • steal her van and belongings
  • knowingly and with intent to defraud obtained $1,000 or more using her Capitol One Bank debit card
  • return home and go bike riding with your mother the next day
  • help your father in the garage the next day
  • don't contact her parents and make them aware that she didn't return with you, even if you lied to them as to the reason why
  • have a family outing at a campground with the rest of your family
  • and then disappear,
this is hardly the behavior of an innocent man.

I'll leave it at because so much more could be said.

Tons of very valid points, however if I have to condemn another's life It would have to be pure undeniable evidence. While I haven't yet been able to come up with a plausible defense/reason for the trip home in the van and many of the same points in your post. It would be very interesting to actually find BL alive, sit on the case and hear 100% of all the evidence. Cell records, GPS locations, etc etc. Just so much that alone could provide.
That said, once it's without a doubt guilty....draw and quarter for all I care. Get medieval, that alone would deter lots of crime.

I have a couple of unresolved questions I hope I can get help with.
1. Neighbors origionally said Laundries went camping for 3 days from 6-8 but the lawyer said only 2 days from 6-7. If both are true, where did the Laudries go on day 3? Did they drop BL off somewhere?
2. TMZ reported a phone was purchased on 9/14 but the lawyer said 9/4. I do not see any retraction from TMZ so I think they are sticking to their story. I'm wondering if there are 3 phones? Original phone lost or dumped, new phone on the 4th to replace the original and a burner on 9/14 once they realized things were getting hot.
Thoughts?

I thought I remember reading or hearing lawyer said they did visit somewhere else after de soto...but there was no followup! WHERE else did they go.

I also question if the neighbor that claimed he saw Brian on the 10th? was mixed up on date.

Wondering about BL's logistics.

1. He's got to be getting basics somehow. Pretty sure he's getting help. But that gets old for an unpaid helper. Could it be that a creative attorney (who at the moment believes in his client's innocence, of course) can procure such help or helpers?

2. Like other fugitives, BL's not going to be willing to hide in a shed for too long. He's a young man with a need to move. A car would be too risky. A bike has limitations. An e-bike is much faster and needs no driver's license or auto insurance in many places.

I agree with you but creatives crave alone time to create.

I think it was a problem for them as a couple. He created alone and she needed him to create. I don't think that's what he wanted but didn't realize it until they were actually traveling. He couldn't do what he craved and resented her for being able to do what she craved.

I believe we all need alone time to create what makes us happy and to recharge, it's not exclusive to creative people. We can all step away from it too for periods of time, because we have other obligations.

This guy worked sporadically, never went to college, tech school, sought the start of a career and at 24 he should have been a productive member of society and wasn't.

BL have pretty much unlimited time to do his thing being creative. jmo

Is there any video anywhere of the van being towed? Reportedly, a neighbor said it was towed around 11pm on the 11th. No reporters or protesters were there to see it. Gabby had been formally declared missing by NY authorities at 7 pm the 11th. I'm curious about where the van had been parked from sept1 to sept 11. More curious about where the MUSTANG was parked as the driveway must have been awfully crowded. If the mustang was in the garage, BL couldn't have taken it until the van was towed out of the way OR the van was in the garage and Laundries got a heads-up that they were coming to tow it so BL moved it to the driveway. (but LE wouldn't have seen it if it had been in the garage). I'm thinking that after the van was removed, BL backed the mustang out of the garage and took off for parts unknown......OR, better yet, was driven somewhere and dropped off. Then the reserve scheme was cooked up.....Parents dropped the mustang off at the reserve on Monday (sometime before the gate was closed) it was left overnight, and Tuesday afternoon it was ticketed. Wednesday, when the gate opened, it was retrieved and returned to the driveway. Does this make any sense??? jmo ETA This would mean that BL left the home late on the 11th after the van was towed.

Last edited:
"You were surveiling him, but you never actually saw him?"

" Correct."

" That's not surveillance."

" We KNOW what surveillance is."

"I don't think ya do........."

Just catching up after a while and this post had sirens blaring on it for me! ?

Is it a genuine exchange or frustrated snark brought about by where this case seems to heading right now (becoming cold) ?

Ordinarily I would agree with you. However, if you
  • leave your dead girlfriend to rot on the ground and don't even have the decency to bury her
  • steal her van and belongings
  • knowingly and with intent to defraud obtained $1,000 or more using her Capitol One Bank debit card
  • return home and go bike riding with your mother the next day
  • help your father in the garage the next day
  • don't contact her parents and make them aware that she didn't return with you, even if you lied to them as to the reason why
  • have a family outing at a campground with the rest of your family
  • and then disappear,
this is hardly the behavior of an innocent man.

I'll leave it at because so much more could be said.
Ita.
Victims do not hurt other people by refusing to answer their anguished loved ones about the missing person's whereabouts.
They don't steal, either; whether it be Gabby's van or her credit cards which BL was not allowed to take.

The lawyering up is understandable, I'd advise the same; but then why run and hide ?

Even if he outright lied, BL has made this so much worse than it needed to be.
He could've said they fought, he shoved her, and she fell hit her head and died.
Except :
The fact that Gabby's death was declared a homicide makes me think she didn't just fall from a push and die from a concussion from hitting the rocks by the river.
There must have been significant damage pointing to use of force.
Imo.

First question: all that I think we know is that she was in contact with her Dad, who ordered dinner for her, and that she worked on and published her vlog.
Others may have better info than I can offer.

Second questions:
The van was approx 900 feet from the campsite/crime scene/where her body lay, the van was captured on video where it was parked, which was documented by a second witness as well.

The earliest witness sighting of the van was shaky, it was either 8/27 or 8/28 I believe. The video was 8/28 I believe. The last 100% documented sighting that I recall is the brouhaha at the restaurant which was on 8/27 I believe.

I did not go look on the amazing timeline, which you can easily find, so this is all just recall. My mind is aging, my recall may not be perfect.

Yea I'm just curious maybe things were good upon the return from the 1st separation, but maybe something was done or occurred during that separation that created friction or an argument.

Van at crime scene, wonder what GPS/activity FBI's captured from that. And wasnt there something about BL being picked up after hiking from this area? or am I mixing up something?
Wonder if evidence can place him at scene of van or confirmed elsewhere, assuming likely there and the likely perp. was this premeditated or did some prior tension snap. What happened? And i dunno about fleeing in the van. I mean the video i saw showed semi nearby sites and passing people that makes me ask, wouldnt they have hear a shot, or a scream. Out there sound travels far.

So, I got to thinking last night after the thread closed. One fact we know is that the Mustang was ticketed on 9/14/21 near the reserve. We don't know exactly when the car arrived there because the report is redacted, but we know it was there on 9/14/21.

I then followed a theory that someone met Brian at that location and they drove off together in a different vehicle. It doesn't matter who that someone is, some friend or relative. Now this person cannot remain off the grid for longer than an hour or two. So where do you go? The Greyhound Bus Station in Port Charlotte, which is 10 miles away. So say 20 minutes. Brian is dropped off at the station and driver goes on his/her way, without anyone knowing they were gone.

While you can purchase a ticket online in advance using a pre-paid debit card, Greyhound requires ID to board. Hmmm.... Okay. How hard is it to get a fake ID? I decided to find out. *Note: I do NOT recommend anyone else do this.

I pulled out an old laptop I don't use anymore. Installed TOR and a VPN and took a trip to the dark web. Within 2 hours I had arranged a fake ID through 3 different vendors, completely anonymously, couriered to me within 24 hours. They ranged in price from $75 to $225, paid in bitcoin. I DID NOT COMPLETE THESE TRANSACTIONS.

But now I have a fake ID, a pre-paid Greyhound ticket in that name, and a quick ride to get to the station - to go anywhere. My ride cannot pick me up at the house, so we meet along the stretch of road outside the reserve - where I already told my parents I'm going. I leave my wallet and phone at home, but I have a new wallet, a fake ID, pre-paid debit cards and cash. I pick up a burner phone somewhere along my Greyhound route, far from my final destination. I'm now in the wind with the feds and the public searching the reserve and the AT - neither of which I am anywhere close to.

Anyway, that's what I did last night after the thread closed. It was quite doable and quite easy.

Ted Kaczynski managed to live in a small shack for 25 years with little interactions with the public. But he was living with a serious mental illness. It is doable to self isolate for long periods of time without contact with the outside world, but none of us know BL well enough to say yeah, he's capable of that. imo

Time will tell because winter will be here before he knows it and can he survive that? If he is still alive he is probably in a warm weather location, Florida?

Will his life now include a life of crime? Is that how he will manage to stay ahead of his capture? Will BL be able to completely cut his family out of his life? Just as Kaczynski slipped up, won't BL eventually slip up? So many criminals have been caught because they made a mistake, even those who weren't even on the radar of LE. BL is being hunted by the FBI and they will stay on this until they reach their goal.

Kaczynski may have been mentally ill but he was also operating with a genius level IQ. Our boy BL is a dullard. He has no college education. He has only held menial jobs, he has never lived in society independently from a caretaker such as his parents or his girlfriend that I am aware of. He is not exactly the experienced creative survivalist that some seem to believe, imho. Without outside support I truly cannot see him surviving long.

I thought the fox interview of a retired FBI agent that spent a year in the North Carolina wilderness looking for Olympic bomber Eric Rudolph in 1998 was informative. He suggested that with persistent interviews and collecting BL specific info. others that may meet BL on the run may engage in routine encounters. These individuals become trusted connections that enable BL to survive with a sense of stable relations. BL details where ever you find them may collectively help filter the numerous inputs and refocus a search to eventually catch BL. Former FBI agent says Brian Laundrie will likely be found in his 'comfort zone'

His passion is creating art. As a creative myself, it's hard to imagine not being able to do it for an extended length of time. I'd think at some point, if not already, he would be holing up somewhere where he could be lost in his art.

He may have been on the move for a short time but I believe it was simply moving to a designated place.

I never believed he was in the reserve. I believe he is sheltering someplace where he can immerse himself in his art. And I doubt he ever leaves the place he is hiding.
As an artist myself, I don't see him as an actual artist. He can draw digitally kind of. That's pretty much it IMO. He never did anything with his art and it's IMO bad. I doubt his love for art is really affecting him rn IMO IMO :)

I believe it was reported CL went to the post office before meeting LE at the “swamp” so perhaps it was mail???? Or did he still have that sack with him at the swamp?

I thought he was at the swamp when he removed it from his truck. I could be wrong, I've watched so many videos about this case.

@Tiff23fr
I stumbled across a couple things last night searching for Spread Creek and found as follows:
Investigative Activity at Spread Creek Dispersed Camping Area Pertaining to the Disappearance of Gabrielle “Gabby” Petito. News article
Most Wanted | Federal Bureau of Investigation-FBI poster/bulletin looking for campers in the area around the time GP went missing.
spread creek dispersed camping - Google Search-contains a ton of image with links around spread creek
Was Gabby Buried? Helicopter Footage Captures Discovery of Body contains the KSL video over spread creek investigation

If not allowed please remove and forgive me.
These links cleared a few things up for me about spread creek and its layout and location.
May also help others too:)

Last edited:
I watched this being discussed by a few YouTubers and when it is slowed down it looks like a bird. The way it goes over the water seems too fast for a human.

Absolutely a bird to my eyes (the white object) and further we have to remember the WFLA helicopter pilot and reporter are both watching and in 4K high-bit rate super camera quality. Not YouTube "HD" with low bit-rate. They would surely spot any person running for it.

Pretty sure that's a bird, but you never know. It's definitely worth a closer examination by

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288