Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #58

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tons of very valid points, however if I have to condemn another's life It would have to be pure undeniable evidence. While I haven't yet been able to come up with a plausible defense/reason for the trip home in the van and many of the same points in your post. It would be very interesting to actually find BL alive, sit on the case and hear 100% of all the evidence. Cell records, GPS locations, etc etc. Just so much that alone could provide.
That said, once it's without a doubt guilty....draw and quarter for all I care. Get medieval, that alone would deter lots of crime.

Hello and welcome, @scorpius.

I appreciate your ability to keep an open mind and desire to wait until there is concrete evidence to show undeniable guilt (pardon my paraphrasing. Please correct me if I'm wrong). While I believe BL is responsible for GP's death, your use of the word 'condemn' reminded me that while we may have very strong opinions here about what happened, we are only left to speculate until BL is caught/found. Even then we may never know the whole story.

All MOO.

Thanks for the post.

I thought the fox interview of a retired FBI agent that spent a year in the North Carolina wilderness looking for Olympic bomber Eric Rudolph in 1998 was informative. He suggested that with persistent interviews and collecting BL specific info. others that may meet BL on the run may engage in routine encounters. These individuals become trusted connections that enable BL to survive with a sense of stable relations. BL details where ever you find them may collectively help filter the numerous inputs and refocus a search to eventually catch BL. Former FBI agent says Brian Laundrie will likely be found in his 'comfort zone'
I agree. He'll go somewhere where he can feel a level of comfort.

Ted Kaczynski managed to live in a small shack for 25 years with little interactions with the public. But he was living with a serious mental illness. It is doable to self isolate for long periods of time without contact with the outside world, but none of us know BL well enough to say yeah, he's capable of that. imo

Time will tell because winter will be here before he knows it and can he survive that? If he is still alive he is probably in a warm weather location, Florida?

Will his life now include a life of crime? Is that how he will manage to stay ahead of his capture? Will BL be able to completely cut his family out of his life? Just as Kaczynski slipped up, won't BL eventually slip up? So many criminals have been caught because they made a mistake, even those who weren't even on the radar of LE. BL is being hunted by the FBI and they will stay on this until they reach their goal.

Kaczynski may have been mentally ill but he was also operating with a genius level IQ. Our boy BL is a dullard. He has no college education. He has only held menial jobs, he has never lived in society independently from a caretaker such as his parents or his girlfriend that I am aware of. He is not exactly the experienced creative survivalist that some seem to believe, imho. Without outside support I truly cannot see him surviving long.

The reason Ted Kaczynzki was found was that his brother recognized Ted's style and substance in the lengthy manifesto he published as the Unabomber. Then his brother informed the authorities that it sounded like Ted, and IIRC told them he lived in a tiny cabin in the woods.

In this case, from outward appearances, the family members of BL aren’t giving clues to the FBI, so unless they finally give info, that’s a dead end.

Sometimes a capture is serendipitous. The Son of Sam serial killer, who was local to me, was caught due to a parking ticket. I’m hoping that some unexpected thing will also trip up Brian and lead to his capture.

Tons of very valid points, however if I have to condemn another's life It would have to be pure undeniable evidence. While I haven't yet been able to come up with a plausible defense/reason for the trip home in the van and many of the same points in your post. It would be very interesting to actually find BL alive, sit on the case and hear 100% of all the evidence. Cell records, GPS locations, etc etc. Just so much that alone could provide.
That said, once it's without a doubt guilty....draw and quarter for all I care. Get medieval, that alone would deter lots of crime.
While I agree that there's not enough evidence out so far to warrant a guilty verdict in court, the evidence we know they have but aren't yet privy to should be enough to cast that vote definitively. I can see very little path to inconclusive once the texts, calls, and CoD are revealed.

Yes - Even if his art were to become whittling.
I can imagine a scenario where Maslows Hierarchy of needs are completely met, but for a period of time only.

His art could fulfill love and belonging.
His faulty view of freedom, feeling he is disconnected from government and society can meet esteem.
Self actualization could be him showing himself he can do all this on his own. He doesn’t need anyone else.

In my opinion however, it will start to become circular in his thinking after a few months, maybe even a year. He will never truly be safe even if all his physiological needs are met. He will always be looking over his shoulder, so over periods of time his comfort and sustainment will be met with internal resistance. What we don’t know, is how strong is Brian and what is his willpower? What are his true weaknesses?

Problem is that I think Gabby filled his primary need. And she is gone. His life will be filled with only insecurities now. In a way I am surprised he has not given himself up. He needs to atone. But, will never be free of guilt. imo

What evidence exists that BL is still alive? I haven't seen any evidence of him being alive or dead. Just wondering.

The only real evidence of him possibly being alive is that no one has found the backpack he was wearing when he left or any other item associated with him. And there have been a lot oof sightings of him which may or may not be real sightings.

Even though people keep saying that it is, his charge isn't over $1000. It's $1000 or more. See the indictment here.
Arrest warrant issued for Brian Laundrie for 'unauthorized use' of credit cards related to Gabby Petito case

But you are right we don't know the amount. The FBI does. And if the accounts were shared accounts with members of GP's family as several here have suggested, they know the amount. (The FBI might have told them anyway but maybe not. They don't really have a need to know.)
JMO
Huh? Ok, true, the amount could be EXACTLY $1000.00, or it could be more than $1000. Odds are it's not exactly $1000.00.

I'm not trying to start beef. I'm just not seeing what your point is. Am I missing something? Peace.

JMO

@Tiff23fr
I stumbled across a couple things last night searching for Spread Creek and found as follows:
Investigative Activity at Spread Creek Dispersed Camping Area Pertaining to the Disappearance of Gabrielle “Gabby” Petito.
Most Wanted | Federal Bureau of Investigation-FBI poster/bulletin looking for campers in the area around the time GP went missing.
spread creek dispersed camping - Google Search-contains a ton of images around spread creek
Was Gabby Buried? Helicopter Footage Captures Discovery of Body contains the KSL video over spread creek investigation
If not allowed please remove and forgive me.
These links cleared a few things up for me

I think posters have probably followed way more murder invest0igations than I have...just a hunch :D But I was wondering whether her body was buried or not. I've previously saw an aerial video in the msm that showed what I thought was the body a short distance from the canopy. This video reminded me that I thought they always put the canopy over the exact location where the body is found. Is that true? Because both videos (the one I saw previously, and the one at the link above) show that there was nothing but ground under the canopy when it was initially erected.

Um, except it's already winter in Alaska which is the opposite of Florida. It would cost too much to fly there and he'd have to pass through multiple airports.And when people go missing up in Alaska often large hungry bears are involved. I seriously doubt he is further west than Georgia. JMOO
It's actually early fall in alaska (same as Florida), but it's probably already cold up there. I just can't see him getting to alaska with no records, or going undetected. Plus, alaska is not the place to be barefoot.....

JMO

Hello and welcome, @scorpius.

I appreciate your ability to keep an open mind and desire to wait until there is concrete evidence to show undeniable guilt (pardon my paraphrasing. Please correct me if I'm wrong). While I believe BL is responsible for GP's death, your use of the word 'condemn' reminded me that while we may have very strong opinions here about what happened, we are only left to speculate until BL is caught/found. Even then we may never know the whole story.

All MOO.

Thanks for the post.
Thank you for the welcome and appreciation. I try to keep a separate heart and mind in these things. My heart follows many thoughts expressed here and other places throughout, ultimately however I see a beautiful GP a tad older than my oldest son that had a zest and smile brightening this world full of laughter and positivity. Would have made the right person for her a wonderful life partner. Whomever removed this candle of brightness upon this crazy dark world deserves their worst fears. My heart breaks for all impacted by this. I can't imagine being either parent right now.

Hopefully everyone checked around vacant homes in the neighborhoods before snowbirds go from north to south for winter and get shocked that someone squatted there. I can see BL breaking in and making himself at home. MOO BL will never give himself up. He has grandiose ideas of himself, I believe he is a liar also when it comes to his hiking abilities. His family doesn’t look like regular hikers with fitness muscles etc. just weekend walkers through trails already made. JMOO

We wish to turn our personal tragedy into a positive. It is our hope that Gabby’s foundation will bring these important issues into the forefront of the public eye to the benefit of all our communities."

The Gabby Petito Foundation will hold its first fundraiser on October 17th in Blue Point, New York.

According to the website, there will be live music, food, a cash bar and a silent auction.

Admission tickets will be sold for $20.

cr=t:0%25,l:0%25,w:100%25,h:100%25

Gabby Petito - Gabby Petito Foundation

Thank you for sharing this @imstilla.grandma

To add to your wonderful post about the GABBY Foundation there is also a Gabby Foundation FB page.

Let's not forget why we are here-- this is about Gabby !!!
(20+) Gabby Petito Foundation | Facebook

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads