Found Safe TX - Christopher Ramirez, 3, followed dog into woods, dog came back, Grimes Co, 6 Oct 2021

Thank you for this video and the transcription.

I had considered this earlier and now reading the Sheriff say mom and grandma were roadside at the same location(s) each day, I wonder if they had any regular customers who may have taken an interest in Christopher. Given the circumstances, this would probably be far-fetched.. Magnolia isn't right around the corner from their home, would have required someone to follow for some distance, the odds of Christopher randomly running after the dog and being 'available' to take, but I guess it's worth mentioning as possible.

Their area is just so remote and hard to imagine a random abductor passing through that neighborhood at the right time, but alas, that does happen.
It is concerning to me. It means they had a routine. They could have been followed, BUT, I would expect that vehicle to have been seen on video from the neighborhood. Unless it was a well-thought-out plan, yet chasing the dog does not fit that scenario unless the dog was going to attack a stranger or something. OR running to someone it knew well?

From the video, Sheriff speaking on how Christopher went missing-

Mom and Grandma sell food out of two coolers every morning outside of Plantersville. They returned and were unloading the food, Christopher was outside playing with the dog. While Mom & Grandma were in the house, the neighbor saw Christopher running down the road with the dog. They (neighbor) called the Mom, they ran out that way. If you envision the area as a football field, the 60 yard line is where they last saw him. The road turns right to the south and that's the last they saw him. The dog came back, so that's what we're dealing with.

I love this Sheriff.

Last edited:

This is a really good interview with the sheriff where he recaps exactly how Christopher went missing and what the mother and grandmother have been doing. I’m going to transcribe it and add it to this post here in just a minute but I wanted to post it now.

It sounds to me like he was last seen in the road right before the road turned.

ETA:

Reporter: Forgive me but it is my first day covering this story so please forgive me. How did this boy get out of his mother's eyesight?

Sheriff: Ok, ah, a little recon on that. They returned. She and her mother returned from a venture they do every day at two locations around this area where they sell food out of two big coolers, ice coolers. On the side of the road in Plantersville, Magnolia area and they do that every morning so they were returning unloading the coolers at their house. The boy was outside playing with the dog, just a moment or two while they were going inside, came out. The neighbor saw him running down the road. Saw their dog, they called the mother, they ran out that way. Maybe if you visualize the football field, the 60-yard line is where they last saw him. The road turns right to the south and that's the last they saw him. The dog came back so that gives you what we are dealing with now.

Also earlier in the convo Sheriff was asked if Christopher had siblings and he said yes, older maybe 10 years old or so.

The only ones here at the time of disappearance was sibling and mother and grandmother.

Wildlife - deer, rabbit, coyotes, snakes, wolves.

From the video, Sheriff speaking on how Christopher went missing-

Mom and Grandma sell food out of two coolers every morning outside of Plantersville. They returned and were unloading the food, Christopher was outside playing with the dog. While Mom & Grandma were in the house, the neighbor saw Christopher running down the road with the dog. They (neighbor) called the Mom, they ran out that way. If you envision the area as a football field, the 60 yard line is where they last saw him. The road turns right to the south and that's the last they saw him. The dog came back, so that's what we're dealing with.

Yes, I transcribed it upthread.

PLANTERSVILLE, Texas (KBTX) - A missing Grimes County three-year-old has been found alive in the woods four days after walking away from his parents, the Grimes County Sheriff confirms.

Grimes County Sheriff Don Sowell said a citizen called authorities after hearing something outside. Crews responded and found Christopher Ramirez in the woods near the 7700 block of FM 1486.

The Grimes County judge said they are having EMS check the boy out and taking him to the hospital. Sowell said they will take the child to Texas Children’s Hospital in Houston.

Grimes County authorities said they found Christopher about five miles away from the house. Sowell said Christopher is drinking a lot of water.

Missing Grimes County child found alive in woods

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zen1974