NY NY - Bronx, Blk/HispMale 30-40, UP5636, beaten, vegetative state 9 yrs, scars on shins, Oct'05

Moonwalker9

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Warning PM

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number--
ME/C Case NumberM05-06043
Demographics
SexMale
Race / EthnicityBlack / African American
Possible First Name--
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name--
Possible Nickname--
Estimated Age GroupAdult - Pre 40
Estimated Age Range (Years)30-40
Estimated Year of Death2005
Estimated PMI--
Height5' 5"(65 inches) , Measured
Weight139 lbs, Measured
Circumstances
TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date FoundOctober 21, 2005
NamUs Case CreatedJuly 24, 2009
ME/C QA ReviewedJuly 26, 2009
Location Found Map
Street AddressBellevue HospitalNew York
CountyNew York County
GPS Coordinates40.739277, -73.975585
Circumstances of RecoveryBlack, possibly Hispanic male was brought into Lincoln Hospital in the Bronx on 7/29/96, the victim of a beating. Was moved to Coler-Goldwater, where he remained in a "vegetative state" until he expired from complications of his injuries following admittance to Bellevue Hospital.
Details of Recovery

Inventory of RemainsAll parts recovered
Condition of RemainsRecognizable face
Physical Description
Hair ColorBlack
Head Hair Descriptionblack
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Descriptionmoustache and beard
Left Eye ColorBrown
Right Eye ColorBrown
Eye Descriptionbrown
Distinctive Physical Features
Item
Description
Scar/mark
slight irregular scars on shins

Clothing and Accessories

So he was admitted to hospital in 1996, and didn't die until 2005, but they didn't think to take pictures of him whilst he was still alive? Did they make much effort to identify him when still alive?

So he was admitted to hospital in 1996, and didn't die until 2005, but they didn't think to take pictures of him whilst he was still alive? Did they make much effort to identify him when still alive?

According to NamUs "he remained in a "vegetative state" until he expired from complications of his injuries"

Via nhs.uk-
"A vegetative state is when a person is awake but is showing no signs of awareness.
A person in a vegetative state may:
  • open their eyes
  • wake up and fall asleep at regular intervals
  • have basic reflexes (such as blinking when they're startled by a loud noise or withdrawing their hand when it's squeezed hard)
They're also able to regulate their heartbeat and breathing without assistance.
But a person in a vegetative state doesn't show any meaningful responses, such as following an object with their eyes or responding to voices.
They also show no signs of experiencing emotions."

Also this article may be of interest
‘John Doe’ Patients Sometimes Force Hospital Staff To Play Detective

According to NamUs "he remained in a "vegetative state" until he expired from complications of his injuries"

Via nhs.uk-
"A vegetative state is when a person is awake but is showing no signs of awareness.
A person in a vegetative state may:
  • open their eyes
  • wake up and fall asleep at regular intervals
  • have basic reflexes (such as blinking when they're startled by a loud noise or withdrawing their hand when it's squeezed hard)
They're also able to regulate their heartbeat and breathing without assistance.
But a person in a vegetative state doesn't show any meaningful responses, such as following an object with their eyes or responding to voices.
They also show no signs of experiencing emotions."

Also this article may be of interest
‘John Doe’ Patients Sometimes Force Hospital Staff To Play Detective

Yes, I know, I saw that, but they could have taken pictures of him when he was in the vegetative state. It wouldn't have been much different, sure, but it would have spared us all having to look at the post mortem pictures. And it would be easier to get those photos out there. People don't want to share PM pictures but they might share pictures of when he was alive, even though he was in a vegetative state. That we have no such pictures makes me wonder if any were taken and therefore if much effort was put into identifying him whilst he was still alive.

Yes, I know, I saw that, but they could have taken pictures of him when he was in the vegetative state. It wouldn't have been much different, sure, but it would have spared us all having to look at the post mortem pictures. And it would be easier to get those photos out there. People don't want to share PM pictures but they might share pictures of when he was alive, even though he was in a vegetative state. That we have no such pictures makes me wonder if any were taken and therefore if much effort was put into identifying him whilst he was still alive.
I didn't notice the vegetative state part at first so I thought maybe other people missed it. But to your point I'm guessing at first they thought someone would show up looking for him. But after a while you would think they would try something to identify him. Though maybe some privacy law or something prevents them from taking photos and putting them out there while he's still alive?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back