Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #84

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully, I think you may have meant Adventures with Garbage.

But really, if you met your soul mate at a dumpster, wouldn't you tweak that tale? Met in a cul de sac, met near an asthetically unimaginative 5 rock cluster, anything but a dumpster.

I don't know anyone who spends so much time with dumpsters.

Maybe he's just really good at throwing everything away.

JMO
RBBM
Yeah for sure Meg, everything including Suzanne.
Just like all his other trash, he treated Suzanne the same way. Threw her out like she meant nothing and hid her body very well- just about the only thing in his ‘dumpster fire’ crime/coverup, that he got right. :mad:

Still praying for a miracle Suzanne’s remains are found, hopefully prior to trial, and that she receives the justice she so rightfully deserves.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
I’m in the minority (perhaps a minority of 1) that believes that Barry happily changed his address to Cushmans so he could get back on his supplements ASAP after leaving his cell. FedEx most likely does not get a lot of deliveries for that address, since it’s usually an AirBnB with no long term renters who would get packages delivered by FedEx. Ubereats or grocery delivery is more likely, if that’s even a thing in Maysville. It’s one digit different that 19057. I think it was a mistake. And then SD thought it was perfectly fine to trespass on private property on the behalf of her accused killer boyfriend. If the delivery was actually intentional, that makes Barry either stupid, oblivious, ballsy, cavalier, and very confident he is untouchable.
He's already shown us that he's as arrogant as he is stupid, when he attempted to cast that vote for Suzanne.

Laws and rules don't apply to him.

In order to really sell his bike ride story, Suzanne should be found wearing her biking clothes. I think Barry was confident that she would never be found so he didn't bother with dressing her in it, but I'm sure he would have gotten rid of it. She probably had more than one outfit, but wasn't BM seen with her turquoise riding jacket in a surveillance video?
IE had a fit when the prosecution referred to the turquoise “article”. Maybe we will get some Pantone color experts during the trial who will testify as to the exact shade of turquoise/teal of the item he was carrying, and if Suzanne’s riding jacket is a match. The Judge would not allow it to be referred to as a jacket.

Prosecution argued he was a flight risk. So the judge ordered him to stay in Chaffee county. I have to assume the monitor operates enough that the court would be notified if he strayed too far. Yes he can cut off the monitor but then he also violated his bond conditions. He is not under house arrest from my understanding so is coming and going as needed within Chaffee County.
Maybe the court will order him to stay out of the PP area if the reception is so bad, which sounds like it is.

I don't get it. A condition of BM's bond is that his location is monitored at all times by his angle gps. If he can't be monitored, why hasn't he been pulled in by LE? Or is it the judge who is giving his OK to this noncompliance? If so, judge has been beyond lenient. IMO

He has a virtual court appearance on the 13th, I think. I don't think it has anything to do with the judge, but I agree with you, he's much to lenient. It has everything to do with the DA and not being able to track him. So, why is the court date virtual and not an in person appearance? Why is he allowed to roam around Chaffee County, PP area to be specific if he can't be tracked there 24/7.

Something's wrong.

JMO

He has a virtual court appearance on the 13th, I think. I don't think it has anything to do with the judge, but I agree with you, he's much to lenient. It has everything to do with the DA and not being able to track him. So, why is the court date virtual and not an in person appearance? Why is he allowed to roam around Chaffee County, PP area to be specific if he can't be tracked there 24/7.

Something's wrong.

JMO
I am not sure that he isn’t traceable in Chaffee County. The document says they can’t monitor low battery alert or tampering alert when he is in the house. There is nothing specified about when he is in and around Chaffee County and GPS tracking. He has not violated bond so the discussion about monitoring probably doesn’t require he be in court.

In order to really sell his bike ride story, Suzanne should be found wearing her biking clothes. I think Barry was confident that she would never be found so he didn't bother with dressing her in it, but I'm sure he would have gotten rid of it. She probably had more than one outfit, but wasn't BM seen with her turquoise riding jacket in a surveillance video?

ETA. Page 21 of AA
Well here’s what BM told LE she “ probably “ would be wearing. Ya know, if he had to “ guess”.
( since he took them and threw away in Broomfield IMO).
Baby blue helmet
Baby blue biking clothes

She’s a matcher

Attachments

• 046B2A18-93AF-4085-BEF2-0A2CCEF9D74C.jpeg
    046B2A18-93AF-4085-BEF2-0A2CCEF9D74C.jpeg
    44.6 KB · Views: 36
ETA. Page 21 of AA
Well here’s what BM told LE she “ probably “ would be wearing. Ya know, if he had to “ guess”.
( since he took them and threw away in Broomfield IMO).
Baby blue helmet
Baby blue biking clothes

She’s a matcher
He sure was trying to make sure they checked to see if those items were missing. I'm laughing right now reading that, recalling how transparent he was.

I agree, @Murphy1950. I think maybe JR was feeling a little conflicted by then. She may have heard or seen something BM said or did that made her uneasy. Also, if the phone records retrieved from BM’s cell were correct, SM’s “I’m done” text was sent when she was over having coffee with JR. If SM was confiding in JR about leaving BM, she may have told her not to come by the house because she knew BM would be in a rage.
I always thought, and mentioned it as a possibility in the early threads, that JR may have said something to LE when they first responded to JR’s call reporting SM missing that contributed to LE’s early suspicion of BM.
Aside from that, it appears the Ritters were friends as well as neighbors. It was the daughters who called her first when they couldn’t reach their Mom. MR was in on the early searches with BM. Maybe it was he who suggested they allow BM to stay with them.
At 6:09 in the PE extended interview with AM, he talks about arriving in Maysville about 8:00 pm on 5/11. He said BM’s house was locked down so he stayed at an AirBnB almost next door down the driveway from BM’s house, (Cushman’s) and about 6:20 he says “at that time BM was staying with the neighbors at a house across the river basically right behind his house.” This was when I made the assumption that BM was at the Ritters’. There is one other home over there, but when I searched the public records, I found that the house belongs to a couple that I have never heard mentioned in conjunction with this case.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjZ-4uAnMDzAhWnqHIEHd9LCg4QtwJ6BAgCEAM&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkQsQL1gkco&usg=AOvVaw06f6DwFhZuehgXFmmRlSPF
If the R.s knew the important things about the down-spiralling marriage of SM/BM (and I think, they did), the two would have been the right reliable people to hide Suzanne's diary for her. What a pity, that Suzanne kept it in the home, where her future killer sniffed around.
If MR was involved in searching for Suzanne with BM on his side, I can imagine, he noticed some oddities with BM and had his own thoughts to things going on and was able to form a bigger picture of past and present occurences. The previous owners of the PP home even had negative thoughts of BM already and only during selling their home to BM (so a relative short time span); then the R.s would have known much more, IMO.
Whether BM stayed at the R.s, I don't know. I remember, he was staying with a buddy of him (ff?), who talked about the way, BM paced up and down and was looking out the window all the time. At the time, when I read it, I didn't think of BM staying at a property, where he was able to watch going-ons on his own property. I thought, it was an expression of his nervous restlessness only. - Maybe, I didn't understand it the right way.
ETA:
The fire chief has not had direct contact with Barry Morphew since Suzanne disappeared, but has spoken to firefighters who have. He said that Barry is staying with a friend in the area, “pacing around, staring out windows,” hoping for information about his wife. The friend is not a member of the fire department, Bertram said, though some Chaffee County firefighters have seen Barry at the friend’s home since the investigation began.
‘Pacing around, staring out windows’: Chaffee County Fire Chief addresses questions about missing Suzanne Morphew’s husband Barry Morphew

Last edited:
I think she will be naked because I believe BM *did* find out about the affair and I think his story of their last night "we made love" is telling as to what happened before he killed her. JMO
I think they made love about the same way they shared a plate of steak. Because, the sexual assault scenario does not jive with the tranquilizer theory. I can't reconcile both of those events happening. jmo.

I think they made love about the same way they shared a plate of steak. Because, the sexual assault scenario does not jive with the tranquilizer theory. I can't reconcile both of those events happening. jmo.
The sex might have been abuse, so half of it he didn't lie. His zipper may not have stayed closed the whole time, when he showed her, how to have respect, even in a sedated state. IMO of course.

Maybe the court will order him to stay out of the PP area if the reception is so bad, which sounds like it is.
I lived in the infamous “sketchy” trailer park during the time in question. The main reason I moved was the total lack of connectivity of any kind. No Sprint, Verizon, or AT&T. I could get one local radio station for a while, but I moved my trailer a couple feet for better tree cover and lost even that.
Also, every time I hear about him shooting 80 something chipmunks I shed a tear, as there was sn absurd number of chipmunks there. I named them and used to watch their behavior. (No connectivity, remember?). As we were so close to the Puma Path house, he probably shot some of my friends

If the R.s knew the important things about the down-spiralling marriage of SM/BM (and I think, they did), the two would have been the right reliable people to hide Suzanne's diary for her. What a pity, that Suzanne kept it in the home, where her future killer sniffed around.
If MR was involved in searching for Suzanne with BM on his side, I can imagine, he noticed some oddities with BM and had his own thoughts to things going on and was able to form a bigger picture of past and present occurences. The previous owners of the PP home even had negative thoughts of BM already and only during selling their home to BM (so a relative short time span); then the R.s would have known much more, IMO.
Whether BM stayed at the R.s, I don't know. I remember, he was staying with a buddy of him (ff?), who talked about the way, BM paced up and down and was looking out the window all the time. At the time, when I read it, I didn't think of BM staying at a property, where he was able to watch going-ons on his own property. I thought, it was an expression of his nervous restlessness only. - Maybe, I didn't understand it the right way.
ETA:
The fire chief has not had direct contact with Barry Morphew since Suzanne disappeared, but has spoken to firefighters who have. He said that Barry is staying with a friend in the area, “pacing around, staring out windows,” hoping for information about his wife. The friend is not a member of the fire department, Bertram said, though some Chaffee County firefighters have seen Barry at the friend’s home since the investigation began.
‘Pacing around, staring out windows’: Chaffee County Fire Chief addresses questions about missing Suzanne Morphew’s husband Barry Morphew
Good points about the journal and MR’s search with BM, @FromGermany1. I believe it was MR who was the “friend in the area” that BM was staying with. I was more convinced when AM described where the home was that BM stayed in during those first few days. MOO

Good points about the journal and MR’s search with BM, @FromGermany1. I believe it was MR who was the “friend in the area” that BM was staying with. I was more convinced when AM described where the home was that BM stayed in during those first few days. MOO
My assumption at the time was that Barry was staying with his friend GD. No idea how close or far away that was from PP. I’m sure my own perceptions played into that-I would have been much more comfortable bunking with my buddy’s family than the neighbor. I guess staying right at the neighbor’s house would keep me very close to what was being told to LE. I have to go back in my thought process now and rethink those early days of the investigation.

That video looked that way apparently. I'm sure those biking clothes were thrown during one of those trash dumps.

Which makes me think about just how much trash he had in the aftermath of the murder.

Tranquilizer materials, biking clothes, then what?

Man repeatedly threw away trash on day wife disappeared

Trashed by BM during the aftermath of Suzanne's murder, in no particular order:

Tranquilizer materials
Biking clothing including turquoise riding jacket
Real Estate brochures in HIE hotel room
Suzanne's phone
Suzanne's journal
Suzanne's recently filled prescriptions
Barry's camo jacket
Barry's boots but allegedly not the laces

Man repeatedly threw away trash on day wife disappeared

Trashed by BM during the aftermath of Suzanne's murder, in no particular order:

Tranquilizer materials
Biking clothing including turquoise riding jacket
Real Estate brochures in HIE hotel room
Suzanne's phone
Suzanne's journal
Suzanne's recently filled prescriptions
Barry's camo jacket
Barry's boots but allegedly not the laces

Speaking of Rx’s, did anyone else notice on Page 33 of the AA regarding BM’s phone it says:

“ On March 19, 2020 at 6:44 a.m, a video was taken on Barry’s phone of a prescription drug bottle of SM’s for
[ redacted] “.

Attachments

• 48886B78-8FA1-488E-A9A0-A740F7DCB6AE.jpeg
    48886B78-8FA1-488E-A9A0-A740F7DCB6AE.jpeg
    13.3 KB · Views: 31
Speaking of Rx’s, did anyone else notice on Page 33 of the AA regarding BM’s phone it says:

“ On March 19, 2020 at 6:44 a.m, a video was taken on Barry’s phone of a prescription drug bottle of SM’s for
[ redacted] “.

Yeah, how weird is it to make a video of a presceription bottle? A picture, I guess, if you couldn't remember the name or dosage or whatever, but A)it's not his Rx and B)could he not remember the name?

I'm very interested in finding out what's up with that.

I recall some homicide cases being turned "upside down" (h/t to Keith M, "Granddaddy of True Crime" * ;):D:rolleyes: & Dateline) w clue related to a storage unit rented by the perp.
Fyi, if the host does not utter the phrase,
This clue [interview, receipt, surv footage, tire print, what-ev] turned the case upside down,
you know you are not watching Dateline.
That phrase. Every. Host. Every. Single. Episode. Well, almost.

If there's been any mention of BM or fam renting a storage unit/locker, I've missed or forgotten it.
Anyone remember?

"An Instagram account with 19,000 followers called Keith Leans on Things exists solely to document his habit of reclining against stationary objects during broadcasts. Morrison is bemused, if entertained, by his popularity.
How Dateline's Keith Morrison Became the Grandaddy of True Crime
^ GQ magazine Sept 23, 2019

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads