Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #59

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I agree with your observation, I also noticed that we are seeing more and more missing person cases making headlines. THIS is exactly what Gabby's family had hoped for, her case to bring to light all the others out there that need exposure and resolution for those hurting families. If there is one glimmer of light in this case, its this!
I agree. The Petitos have approached their daughter's murder with humanity and nobility.

The fact they were fighting in public tells.me they did not fight often. They didn't even think about it! Never crossed their minds someone would.call LE!
Jmo
Jmo
LE was called by an eyewitness who actually stopped his car because of BL's violence on Gabby...ie slapping and hitting. "They" weren't fighting in public during the first report.

The FBI believe BL purchased a burner phone at an AT&T store in North Port on the day he went missing. FBI agents seized surveillance footage from the store as reports have surfaced that he may have visited the establishment with an older woman on Sept. 14.
I thought that was an error? I'm not certain but I thought it was changed to the 4th. Which would make sense because the Laundries aka SB now say he left on the 13th.

As far as I can tell, only one person saw Brian hit Gabby, and if that was Chris he changed his mind on the police report and conversation with officer.

Can we confirm that there were two witnesses that spoke with LE? WHO made the phone call??

Morgan Wolfe on Twitter: "Here’s the witness statement from Chris. The time on the document shows it was gathered before @moabpolice caught up with #GabbyPetito The info here matches up w/ the couples story they told police besides this — they didn’t mention #Laundrie took her phone. https://t.co/3l7USMc3cP" / Twitter

I have seen "professionals" on TV comment there were multiple witnesses saying Brian hit Gabby, but I can't find multiple witnesses saying this. I think there is a lot of false information going around.

Thanks for posting this. It's the first time I've seen the original missing person report. Interesting that it says that the photo of Brian Laundrie that was provided to police was dated 8/27/2021. I don't know of any photos that were posted on 8/27 on either his or Gabby's social media. I wonder if Gabby sent it to her mom on the 27th.
It IS puzzling....to whom and what time was it sent? Was she wearing her favorite sweatshirt in it? Her mom was asked later, to not discuss posts from the 27th and 30th. We know of the "stan" post of the 27th and the "Yosemite" post of the 30th, neither of which, her mom believes, was her sending them. This mystery post of the 27th may not have been sent to her mom. But to whom was it sent? jmo

I'm not sure he could fly back with that. And, if he could as checked baggage I would think he had to show registration/licenses, etc in which event LE knows. I too think he had a gun. But, I think he had it with him from the start. MOO
I agree that he had a gun and it was in the “spot” that he used to hide her phone, etc. MOO

I thought that was an error? I'm not certain but I thought it was changed to the 4th. Which would make sense because the Laundries aka SB now say he left on the 13th.
Florida fugitive Brian Laundrie's attorney has refuted a report that his client purchased a cellphone from an AT&T store in his hometown of North Port the day his parents claimed to have last seen him, Fox News has learned.

TMZ reported that Laundrie was spotted "with an older woman" inside one of the cellphone stores in North Port, Florida, where he was living with his parents and his fiancée, Gabby Petito, on Sept. 14. Laundrie’s parents told authorities three days later that he left for the nearby T. Mabry Carlton Reserve on Sept. 14, but had not come home.

But the Laundrie family's attorney, Steven Bertolio, confirmed Thursday that "a phone was purchased on September 4, 2021 and Brian opened an account with AT&T for that phone."
Brian Laundrie bought cellphone from Florida store days before disappearance, attorney confirms

As far as I can tell, only one person saw Brian hit Gabby, and if that was Chris he changed his mind on the police report and conversation with officer.

Can we confirm that there were two witnesses that spoke with LE? WHO made the phone call??

Morgan Wolfe on Twitter: "Here’s the witness statement from Chris. The time on the document shows it was gathered before @moabpolice caught up with #GabbyPetito The info here matches up w/ the couples story they told police besides this — they didn’t mention #Laundrie took her phone. https://t.co/3l7USMc3cP" / Twitter

I have seen "professionals" on TV comment there were multiple witnesses saying Brian hit Gabby, but I can't find multiple witnesses saying this. I think there is a lot of false information going around.
The original 911 call was posted here on the board countless times, the motorist who stopped his car at the alarming spectacle clearly said the man was slapping and hitting the woman. It should be in the references thread.

Last edited:

Yes. There were two. All of this was posted with appropriate links way back in the threads. You can search but this thread was moving so fast at that time; I cannot remember which pages.

Last edited:
"I left her in the van and went off to pick berries. When I got back an hour later, she was dead and I panicked."

Question for the legal types: if BL were to now reappear and claim the above as his alibi, how would that likely fare legally?

I mean, we all know his behavior since her death is telling, psychologically, but legally would it play any role if he simply attributed his and his parents' lack of appropriate response to "panic" and leaned consistently on the alibi?

TIA for informed opinions.

TY. If I were planning on campfires where allowed I would want to be able to collect larger wood than kindling, and would need a small axe or hatchet to split larger wood. Trying to imagine what tools would have been stored for their long, varied trip. jmo
Guaranteed there was a burn ban this summer from it being so dry IMO, but they definitely would have had a hatchet IMO.

Last edited:
After the Merry restaurant incident, where were they gonna sleep for the night? Did they sometimes take out a small tent for sleep? A tent stake could also serve as a dangerous weapon. Did they roast marshmallows or hot dogs? A metal skewer is another dangerous weapon.
They must have gone back to the Spread creek campground to stay the night of the 27th.....Bethune video at 6-6:30 ish shows the van parked there. (someone claimed that they saw the van there on the 26th, then said they were not sure of the date). If the van was seen there the 26th, then on the 27th they drove down to Jackson to go to Merry Piglets then back up to the Spread Creek campground and parked in the same spot, right off the road. jmo

Wonder if he still had his “old” phone with him on that day? Did they transfer the SIM card? How did he program it with all his contacts? His music?
Wonder if he put his fiancée’s info in it?

edit: funny too, when SB was “correcting” that the phone was purchased 9/4 and not 9/14, he was still claiming 9/14 as the day little BL went off on his hike. -and the day he left the phone behind at home.

Yes. There were two All of this was posted with appropriate links way back in the threads. You can search but I this was moving so fast that I cannot remember which pages.

I saw some of the threads, but I wonder why I have not seen a police report from the person that made the call. Did you see a name associated with the phone call? So far I have not found one. LE knows who he is as they have his phone number.

I'm not sure he could fly back with that. And, if he could as checked baggage I would think he had to show registration/licenses, etc in which event LE knows. I too think he had a gun. But, I think he had it with him from the start. MOO
Yep, I’ve said that all along. They packed it in the van and took it along for protection - with Brian returning that gun - back to his home - in her van - he drove all the way home in - with Gab’s empty seat beside him. How many times did he look over and expect to see her still sitting there? imo

I thought he might be alive but now, maybe not, too long with unconfirmed sighting etc. Anyone else, as the days pass, getting the feeling he too ?
Certainly, the longer this drags on, the more believable it becomes that he committed suicide (and his body has not been found due to the remains skeletonized by the brutal weather, and scattered by wildlife).

The original 911 call was posted here on the board countless times, the man making the call clearly said the man was slapping and hitting the woman. It should be in the references thread.

I heard the phone call, I am wondering where is the police report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23