Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #59

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

Respectfully, what difference does it make who is asking the questions?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your post came across, to me, as if you're attempting to imply that the folks asking the questions are, in some way... "harassing".

Here in the US, we have the 1st Amendment for freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble.

I might be way off here but, as annoying as the folks might have been at CaL's house, the folks there were there as protestors, have a right to free speech, asked their questions, got answers and, as promised, have not returned to her house since that interview took place.

Unless there is a Protective Order in place, personally, I just don't see how anyone asking questions from a public street would constitute any form of "harassment".

jmo
Thanks for your answer. In short, yes, I do believe that the 'folks asking questions' are harassing. If it is the same people who harrassed CaL - then I have cause for concern. They were not ordinary protestors. They were sent there by someone to get answers. Most disturbing IMO.

For the sake of complete information, that is the same number of witnesses who saw Gabby strike Brian.

Question, if Brian killed intentionally OR did not mean for her to die, could it influence where he decided to run? One way or another? I would think if he has no guilt he would not have a problem living on the run forever. But, with guilt...suicide or turning himself in.

<Snip>

https://www.foxnews.com/us/brian-laundrie-manhunt-backyard-bunker

Drone video taken above the Laundrie property showing Roberta Laundrie tending to her backyard garden sent Internet investigators down a literal rabbit hole, with some claiming they saw a hand poke out of the soil to take something from the gardening mother.

But the chance that Brian Laundrie, the fugitive subject of a federal bank fraud warrant and person of interest in fiance Gabby Petito's unsolved homicide, is hiding out beneath the garden is "about zero," Hubbard told Fox News.

"They would have figured that out by now," he said, noting authorities have already executed a search warrant on the property.

Lynch said it’s routine to conceal entrances to underground bunkers – even under false garden beds – but that didn’t appear to be the case in the video.

"The possibility of having a bunker there, his parents having a bunker, is absolutely 100% plausible," he said. "However, that being said, it didn't look anything like if a hand came out of the bunker to me."[/QUOTE]

IIRC a poster on here who does landscaping explained how this would not be likely - i wish I could find the post but it was threads ago!

Anyone see this article today?

Brian Laundrie's parents remove laundry baskets from their yard

"Brian Laundrie’s parents emerged from their Florida home Sunday night to remove protest laundry baskets from their front lawn — as well as a tribute poster dedicated to the fugitive’s late girlfriend, Gabby Petito."

Looks like it was this poster. In the video it seems as if they're taking it inside along with the laundry baskets.
All those laundry baskets they had to sneak out to pick up, guess the neighbours won't be happy their sign was removed. https://twitter.com/JanelForte/status/1447369862137929737

because Eric Pratt the officer lied on his report, not following up with the first caller IMO
But, what difference would that have made. They caught up with them and interviewed both. One officer called 'Chris' which supportd the version of events given by Gabby and Brian. Are you saying that the officer made a mistake by not calling dispatch and asking for the information of the informant? If the officer had, do you think it would have made a difference? If so, how?

Who talked to who and when and about what is becoming utterly confusing. Aside from the 911 calls on Sept 10th, apparently that’s also the same day the Laudries spoke to investigators “in detail”. That was the day before GP was reported missing.

"We understand the community’s frustration, we are frustrated too," the department said in a Sept. 17 Facebook post. "For six days, the North Port Police Department and the FBI have been pleading with the family to contact investigators regarding Brian’s Fiancé Gabby Petito. Friday [Sept. 10] is the first time they have spoken with investigators in detail."
Brian Laundrie manhunt: What makes a case 'cold'?
I believe they are referencing Friday, 9/17, here. The day they reported BL missing.

Anyone see this article today?

Brian Laundrie's parents remove laundry baskets from their yard

"Brian Laundrie’s parents emerged from their Florida home Sunday night to remove protest laundry baskets from their front lawn — as well as a tribute poster dedicated to the fugitive’s late girlfriend, Gabby Petito."

Looks like it was this poster. In the video it seems as if they're taking it inside along with the laundry baskets.

I know this is their property and their right to remove this stuff...but it really bothers me that they took the photo of Gabby down,too.

I am sure I remember seeing a surveillance photo on a local news report about the Benton sighting that was linked in a different web forum. I just went back to that post and followed the link to the local report but the link is now broken. FWIW the image I remember was just a surveillance still and was lower quality than the photos CL recently provided. I don't think any of these more recent pictures are high quality enough to determine if BL had injuries. MOO
I think Cal showed some photos of when they were at the capground. I believe there was speculation on the board as to whether BL had swelling to one of his wrists. Sorry, I do not have a link.

Imo, we have verified and unverified reports of building tension in the relationship dating back to at least the Moab incident, if not before. We can differ in opinions all we want, but it seems pretty clear that a bad storm was brewing and maybe directly resulted in BL killing GP. It all matters, imo, because it was all one big, downward spiraling mess.

Something that caught my attention - if you look at the first video from the 6 p.m. broadcast, the truck is backed directly underneath the camper. In the second broadcast, if I am right in what I'm seeing, the truck is now facing the camper and possibly a little more towards the left. I uploaded both photos for reference. If that's true, then obviously the truck was moved at some point between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m.

SBM. I have looked at the daylight footage and your enhanced night image and then I took my own screenshot and turned up the exposure of the night footage. I can convince myself both that the truck is turned around and that it is not :confused: I wish we had someone to enhance the actual video so we can have definite evidence that the truck was moved sometime the evening of the 13th (or at least turned around I guess!)

Last edited:
Something that caught my attention - if you look at the first video from the 6 p.m. broadcast, the truck is backed directly underneath the camper. In the second broadcast, if I am right in what I'm seeing, the truck is now facing the camper and possibly a little more towards the left. I uploaded both photos for reference. If that's true, then obviously the truck was moved at some point between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m.

SBM for focus - if the truck was moved between 6 and 10, then that could support CL's story that he went to the reserve to look for BL for several hours on the evening of the 13th.

BL going hiking on the 13th does make more sense in the timeline. The U.S. Sun reports that CL and RL originally told police they "only grew concerned between 24 to 48 hours after their son failed to return from the hike. They claim they drove up to the 25,000-acre park, spotted Laundrie's car, and drove it home after allegedly finding a note on the windshield left by police asking for it to be removed from the area."

Now, this timeline would make perfect sense EXCEPT now they've added in that CL also went to look for BL on the evening of the 13th. (Source: WVTM 13)

A couple of questions to think over:
1) If they weren't concerned until 24-48 hours later, why would CL go to the park to search for BL the night of the 13th?

2) If you were so concerned about your son, why would you wait until the 17th to report it?

3) When relaying events to LE, did CL just forget that he actually went to look for BL twice?

I'm not criticizing CL for going to look for BL on the evening of the 13th, I would have done the same. I'm questioning the information they've relayed to this point.

If one were to be leaning more towards CL and RL assisting BL in leaving, it would be reasonable to wonder if CL picked up BL from the park the evening of the 13th, at a time when the park was closed to the public, and took him to another location.

Also, in digging around, I discovered the park hours are 6:00 a.m. to sunset. (Source: Park Info.) It's a 10 minute drive for the Laundrie home to Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park (where the Mustang was located.) Assuming BL was at the park waiting for the gates to open, we can say we have a broad window of 5:45ish a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (based on my previous post about the weather), but I think that can probably be narrowed down even more. It would be nice to know what time SB allegedly spoke to BL on the 13th.

I think Cal showed some photos of when they were at the capground. I believe there was speculation on the board as to whether BL had swelling to one of his wrists. Sorry, I do not have a link.

Yes I remember that speculation and IMO only, those photos aren't close up or high quality enough to tell if he has any scratches or bruises or if it's just shadows, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88