AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tacoma driver could have something to hide - and that something probably has nothing to do with Summer. Driver (or vehicle owner) could be here illegally, involved in drug production/distribution, etc. JMO.
I wouldn't say probably tho'.
I'd say it's highly likely.
LE issued that information approximately 10 days after her disappearance.
They have reissued it on every single subsequent statement.
I think it's highly likely it is connected to her disappearance.
But where is it and is the make and model even accurate.
I remember trying to figure out how many were located in the area, how many were sold, if any were sold in the days following her disappearance.
I could find no easy way to get this information and I abandoned my search because I figured the FBI could do it in 5 minutes and it would take me 5 years. (they don't need my assistance here, lol)

By now they will have all this information plus anything they were able to harvest from traffic cameras and CCTV.
Yet the thing is still missing.
It could have been destroyed.
They have also been extremely gentle in their requests to the owner to come forward stating words to the effect of ' they may have witnessed something significant.

I am a little confused why Georgia, South Carolina, and Florida.

I have lived in Georgia. They have a GBI just like we have the TBI. However, one thing to consider, is every state has different laws in regard to crime reporting. Florida is very different from many other states in being more transparent. This is why there are so many Florida man or Florida woman stories.

But, yes, if Summer's case happened anywhere else some things would be different. But, the real question is would it be solved?

If it was an area with a lot of surveillance cameras, then maybe because that kind of evidence doesn't seem to exist in this case (i think there might be a little we don't know about, how useful it is... Idk). Otherwise, idk...

Unless the Wells family has a P.O. box, they would get mail delivery. (I don't think they had any such thing, i am just saying that is the only reason not to.) There is rural mail delivery.

One thing I noticed starting about 2020 is the time the mail runs can vary from day to day depending on how many packages must be delivered. Still, there should be a general time people are expecting the mail to arrive.

People in rural areas, i think, get a lot more services than in the past. They might have to pay someone for these, but they are available. CB said there used to be a guy who did rural trash pickup at their house. Now, that every town wants those automated garbage trucks, people are buying the old trucks for this purpose.

As for various drug dealers and moonshiners marauding through Ben Hill Road. If this is happening, why haven't people called the HCSO?

I know someone on a rural property who cut down his own trees so they don't provide any hiding place after only a few times of finding people on "his" road (hardly anyone lives on that road.) The people hadn't gotten bold enough to leave the road, but he took their hiding place from them before they did.

Also, i need evidence before i will believe moonshiners are really a thing of any significance in 2021. Liquor stores exist. Back in the 1930s (e.g., prohibition), LE were breaking up stills right and left. It did persist for a while due to there being a lot of dry counties, but ... Alcohol isn't illegal (except during prohibition which zero people in this case remember). Criminals, i thought, made their $$ off selling that which is illegal.

ETA: one explanation i can think of for the Toyota Tacoma is the owner wasn't the driver that day and the owner doesn't know where the truck went that day for some reason. Maybe it usually doesn't have any white buckets in the back. The driver might be afraid of getting in trouble. Maybe not for SW, but something else.

Last edited:
Flightradar24: Live Flight Tracker - Real-Time Flight Tracker Map

There is a grid search happening not that far away from Jonesborough..... Could they be looking for Summer? / Deserted Hideaway????

This is the 2nd grid search after refueling in Johnston City..... the first search was also an extensive grid search but has disappeared now..... as live ...

Or try this link - Flightradar24: Live Flight Tracker - Real-Time Flight Tracker Map you can see the initial search buy hitting yes for historical data

ETA the second search seems much narrower / tighter in the grid....
I cant find any new missing person from the area.....

Last edited:

I have lived in Georgia. They have a GBI just like we have the TBI. However, one thing to consider, is every state has different laws in regard to crime reporting. Florida is very different from many other states in being more transparent. This is why there are so many Florida man or Florida woman stories.

But, yes, if Summer's case happened anywhere else some things would be different. But, the real question is would it be solved?

If it was an area with a lot of surveillance cameras, then maybe because that kind of evidence doesn't seem to exist in this case (i think there might be a little we don't know about, how useful it is... Idk). Otherwise, idk...

Unless the Wells family has a P.O. box, they would get mail delivery. (I don't think they had any such thing, i am just saying that is the only reason not to.) There is rural mail delivery.

One thing I noticed starting about 2020 is the time the mail runs can vary from day to day depending on how many packages must be delivered. Still, there should be a general time people are expecting the mail to arrive.

People in rural areas, i think, get a lot more services than in the past. They might have to pay someone for these, but they are available. CB said there used to be a guy who did rural trash pickup at their house. Now, that every town wants those automated garbage trucks, people are buying the old trucks for this purpose.

As for various drug dealers and moonshiners marauding through Ben Hill Road. If this is happening, why haven't people called the HCSO?

I know someone on a rural property who cut down his own trees so they don't provide any hiding place after only a few times of finding people on "his" road (hardly anyone lives on that road.) The people hadn't gotten bold enough to leave the road, but he took their hiding place from them before they did.

Also, i need evidence before i will believe moonshiners are really a thing of any significance in 2021. Liquor stores exist. Back in the 1930s (e.g., prohibition), LE were breaking up stills right and left. It did persist for a while due to there being a lot of dry counties, but ... Alcohol isn't illegal (except during prohibition which zero people in this case remember). Criminals, i thought, made their $$ off selling that which is illegal.

ETA: one explanation i can think of for the Toyota Tacoma is the owner wasn't the driver that day and the owner doesn't know where the truck went that day for some reason. Maybe it usually doesn't have any white buckets in the back. The driver might be afraid of getting in trouble. Maybe not for SW, but something else.
Here you go.
Second link down, dated Jan '21 Rogersville Reviews/
It is a thing
moonshiners Hawkis Court - Google Search

Flightradar24: Live Flight Tracker - Real-Time Flight Tracker Map

There is a grid search happening not that far away from Jonesborough..... Could they be looking for Summer? / Deserted Hideaway????

This is the 2nd grid search after refueling in Johnston City..... the first search was also an extensive grid search but has disappeared now..... as live ...

Or try this link - Flightradar24: Live Flight Tracker - Real-Time Flight Tracker Map you can see the initial search buy hitting yes for historical data

ETA the second search seems much narrower / tighter in the grid....
I cant find any new missing person from the area.....

Can you screenshot the historical path? I can't even find the option. Thank you!

Also, i need evidence before i will believe moonshiners are really a thing of any significance in 2021

I can’t give you proof
But I know somewhat close by in Va where they still make moonshine
Maybe just a trade handed down through generations of family?

Also, i need evidence before i will believe moonshiners are really a thing of any significance in 2021

I can’t give you proof
But I know somewhat close by in Va where they still make moonshine
Maybe just a trade handed down through generations of family?

Traffic stop leads to discovery of meth, moonshine and BB guns
https://www.therogersvillereview.com › rogersville

4 Jan 2021 — 31, Hawkins County Sheriff's Deputy Isaac Hutchins saw a green Chevy S-10 truck with broken taillight covers. He ran the truck's tag through ...

You raise a number of interesting points.

The Wells' are in the boondocks, indeed. It's odd really, most of the country is as rural or even more rural than this section of TN but the majority of people live in the cities. Whats unique about the Wells home is it's not geographically far from a city, it's maybe five miles from Kingsport as the crow flies and probably takes 45 minutes to drive there. That kind of rural area tends to be overrun with the meth houses. Other than nights punctuated with the occasional house exploding, I'm not sure that arm of the drug business would contribute much to one missing child. TN is still a fully illegal state for marijuana, so it's possible that someone is growing in those woods and would be more likely to set lethal traps. I think it's pretty unlikely that Summer would have wandered that far on her own though,

As for the stills, a lot of people are making beer in their kitchens, the proper equipment is easier to get than ever (less explodey), so if you want to make your own moonshine in the basement, I don't think the ATF cares all that much.

As for the Tacoma, I would think that model with a ladder rack would stand out. Does anyone know, are ladder racks difficult to remove and reinstall? The only way I can think of that a red Tacoma doesn't get noticed is if it doesn't have distinctive features.

Christopher wandered 5 miles, at 3 years of age. Of course, we don't know how long it took him. I recall another instance of a child in Oregon, Cody Sheehy, who was estimated to have wandered 14-20 miles in the freezing bad weather in 18 hours. I really don't think they looked far enough or often enough for Summer. MOO

Christopher wandered 5 miles, at 3 years of age. Of course, we don't know how long it took him. I recall another instance of a child in Oregon, Cody Sheehy, who was estimated to have wandered 14-20 miles in the freezing bad weather in 18 hours. I really don't think they looked far enough or often enough for Summer. MOO
After little Christopher was found, I started thinking the same way as you. If I recall correctly they stopped the ground search for Summer the first night and picked up the next morning when the sun came up. By that time Summer could have been miles from home.

When will the behavioral panel have the read on DW? Are will they?
No idea. Not too bothered. I have my own read on it. I like to think for myself. I was disappointed they didn't cover new ground, same old stories, same old incidents.. there's more to their lives .. I was sorry but not surprised new areas were not opened up..

What was marginally better was that he showed awareness of his own rambling ways of giving information and he pulled himself up on it.
He wanted to tell what he knew.
But he doesn't know much.
I got the impression he reads things on social media and these theories become his theories.

I'm not a fan of analysts. I cannot take them seriously.

I feel nothing but huge compassion for C and D and their children and their grandmother.
I'd love to see a happy ending here and Summer located alive.
I think D and C can work through their problems. With help from professionals.
That is my hope.

I am not saying it is impossible that people are making moonshine. I am saying i don't believe it is some major criminal force by itself.

I didn't really consider that maybe in the midst of various other more serious criminal activities maybe someone was also doing that. And i guess people might be more willing to admit to it.

I am not saying it is impossible that people are making moonshine. I am saying i don't believe it is some major criminal force by itself.

I didn't really consider that maybe in the midst of various other more serious criminal activities maybe someone was also doing that. And i guess people might be more willing to admit to it.
Well it is a bit of a thing, links above.
Thing is that I've often got the impression that DW hadn't a clue about the place he was living in. Not until Summer disappeared.
He goes on the internet and all kinds of people are telling him things, his head is fried and he lacks discernment because it's all new to him.
So I don't know whether he is witnessing a meth and moonshine with his own eyes or quoting unknown people that tell him things. Maybe he sees a lot of vehicles moving at unearthly hours but he really doesn't have a way to figure whether they contain meth, moonshine or people out for an innocent drive late at night.
I do believe it's likely he believes it while he tells it but it's all subject to change as he learns more and or different.
JMO

Well it is a bit of a thing, links above.
Thing is that I've often got the impression that DW hadn't a clue about the place he was living in. Not until Summer disappeared.
He goes on the internet and all kinds of people are telling him things, his head is fried and he lacks discernment because it's all new to him.
So I don't know whether he is witnessing a meth and moonshine with his own eyes or quoting unknown people that tell him things. Maybe he sees a lot of vehicles moving at unearthly hours but he really doesn't have a way to figure whether they contain meth, moonshine or people out for an innocent drive late at night.
I do believe it's likely he believes it while he tells it but it's all subject to change as he learns more and or different.
JMO
you truly believe that DW did not know what was happening all around him? that was his family's home before it was his own family's and he stated several times that his whole life growing up was crime and jail.
he also had said himself he asked police if he could go to all the drug dealers to see if they knew anything.. jmo but he knew all too well..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members