Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #60

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabby Petito autopsy: Wyoming coroner to give update Tuesday

To add:
Salt Lake City-based private investigator Jason Jenson, who visited the scene where Petito's remains were discovered over the weekend, told Fox News Digital that he believes WY coroner Brent Blue will also discuss the results of a post-mortum toxicology test, which detects drugs in a person's system. Jenson added, however, that he also believes Petito was not using drugs at the time of her death.

When Petito’s mother, Nichole Schmidt, reported her missing to Suffolk County Police in New York, she said she last spoke to her daughter at approximately 7 a.m. on Aug. 30. She said Petito was last seen in Grand Teton National Park, and listed Laundrie as a possible companion.”

I’m assuming this is in reference to the August 30 “No service in Yosemite” text.

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Gabby Petito reported missing one month ago

My banking as well as credit cards is all online, not by mail.

And I'm betting GP's credit/debit card was also in the name of one of her parents and that's how they detected BL's theft so quickly. Most 20-21 yo have no credit history and that's an easy way to build credit while having a parent serve as a financial safety net. JMO

I am really not trying to be argumentative but a few points.

I seriously doubt the credit cards were shared accounts with a parent. If they were, you are correct you'd think the parent(s) would have looked for credit card activity when they could not reach GP or BL. While NS may have tried to report GP missing sooner than Sept 10, there has been zero evidence (public evidence anyway) that part of the missing person trail for GP was in Illinois or Indiana (wherever it was BL supposedly used the cards.)

Finally, if GP wanted all her mail to go to her mom or dad's house, fine. But there's no reason she couldn't have gotten a FL license with her actual address on it (& probably plenty of legal reasons she should have) The info below comes from the link you provided. (Bold added by me)

"Customers who do not have any of the above documents in their name may provide two proofs of residential address from a parent, step-parent, legal guardian or other person with whom they reside and a Certification of Address form."

JMO

How about not give him money, take away the car keys and warn him that they would tell ALL honestly if he left? Or he could stay and face the music for his own behavior, for choices he made and not ruin their lives too?

This goes right back to the point I made last night, and I agree. IMOO, they wouldn't have anything to "tell" and therefore, they would have no reason to hire a lawyer even before the official missing persons report and van seizure took place, unless they did know something. MOO End result: they have unwittingly told us that they do know something. MOO.

Last edited:
Wow, I don't remember noticing that before (and in the zillion posts about the Moab stop...:p), but those look like finger imprints from being grabbed or squeezed. Why on earth didn't the PD notice them?? Ugh. Poor thing. :(

Gabby did say he grabbed her, so she did not hide it when officer asked about it.

Sounds like they did all they could to grease the skids for his departure. IMO

Yeah, it must be hard to handle. He's a murderer to us, but he's their little boy. That's not excusing their actions, not at all. However, I know, have family members, who would behave the same way if he were their child. Protect at all cost. Parental love is a blinding emotion.

She sent it but didn’t write it? Doesn’t make sense. If she didn’t write it she wouldn’t send it.
Sent from her phone.....jmo
When Petito’s mother, Nichole Schmidt, reported her missing to Suffolk County Police in New York, she said she last spoke to her daughter at approximately 7 a.m. on Aug. 30. She said Petito was last seen in Grand Teton National Park, and listed Laundrie as a possible companion.”

I’m assuming this is in reference to the August 30 “No service in Yosemite” text.

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Gabby Petito reported missing one month ago
she did not speak to her, she got a text from her phone. jmo

I was wondering that too - whether he ws calling to listening to her voice on a recording? But maybe not, if its switched off/destroyed
I thought LE stated just recently they did not have BL or GP phones? Perhaps that’s the reason BL got a burner phone? So his called and texts couldn’t be traced?

I'm several pages behind, but I wanted to weigh in on the discussion about what plausible story BL could have given his parents. A few days ago, another poster (I don't remember who!) brought up a new to me idea that I think covers all the bases: another DV call, but this time one or both of them got a restraining order.

This would explain suddenly coming back without GP ("you know she doesn't like to drive this van, so I drove and she flew to NY"). It would explain avoiding contact with GP or her family. It would even explain getting a lawyer involved. It's of course not true, but it would be a plausible story that accounts for what happened.

The conversation has probably moved on from this topic by now, but I just wanted to weigh in.

MOO

This seems highly plausible. That would let him say, "No, don't answer, they're trying to get me into trouble by violating the no-contact order." He could say, "I'm going to load her stuff into the van so she and her dad can pick it up later." It wouldn't be surprising if he didn't want to talk about it, and wanted to go out on a hike by himself for a while.

I missed the first iteration of this idea, I think, or forgot about it in the chaos of threads.

This is true. MOO. But, IMOO, accidents are typically accompanied by going on the lam. Rather, they are more generally equated with making a straight bee-line to local LE.
By accident, I mean accident at the hands of Brian, he shoves her too hard, she falls and hits her head, some scenario like that although I really don’t think that’s what happened. I could see him panicking and running under those circumstances. This type of scenario, I think-I am not an attorney, would be considered manslaughter (if could be proven), which is still a homicide. MOO

Over the past few weeks, the FL authorities have repeatedly stated that conditions at "the reserve(s)" have become better in that water levels have receded so they can now/then do better searches. I know many of you have commented on rain conditions during the time BL was supposedly entering the reserve (using that term loosely). Is there a feeling that he could have honestly gone out for a day hike and then a downpour hit and he became stranded there due to high water levels? Somehow I'm not thinking that's the case as I'd think even a good 2-3" of rain in one day would recede in a day or two, but all the comments I've read about how they can't search many areas and paths are flooded lead me to believe a hurricane inundated the park. Many commented that hurricane Ida went far west of Fort De Soto, but even here in New England, I'm well aware that even a hurricane originating down there can dump 5-12" up here and do enormous damage. So... weather sleuths... could he really have "hiked" out there on 9/13 and become stranded because of some massive downpour? I know Ida hit earlier. What hit after that? If nothing major, why did they keep saying now they can search areas as the water has receded. Assuming he was ever in the Carlton/etc/reserves area to begin with, he couldn't have gone into high water areas, so that implies he may have been in the swamp while conditions were dry and got stuck, but not one report has said this is a search and rescue. So weird!!

Have they charged him with stealing the van? I may have missed it. I think the only pending charges are for the credit card, right?

Imo - SB is viewing the possibility of murder charges as the much bigger issue right now.
They couldn't before she was found IMO bc they did not have her present to testify that she did not give him consent to take it. BUT... now that they have found her, I think this speaks for itself. Whether they will bother adding it to the multitude of counts that I can envision is unknown. Time will tell. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa