Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #60

Status
Not open for further replies.
The text of the 27th is the one I want the time on. The one from the 30th was sent when he was already headed east across the country. 27th time may be a major clue to time of death. ( Prior to the text being sent) jmo
That article made it sound like investigators think GP sent (meaning wrote, imo, based on the wording of the paragraph regarding the 30th text) that Aug 27 text. Meaning, in my interpretation, that the timing of that text would be before her death. Which doesn't necessarily mean much, since she could have died at any point afterwards.

Wow, do we know what time the text was sent? Bc for investigators to say this, if they did, and if it wasn't just some analysts, leads me to believe that they have actually determined a window for her TIME of death (and this would be a very encouraging sign that they got a lot from the autopsy and crime scene investigation).

This little line, if accurate, could be extremely meaningful. MOO

Given that I have not seen it reported this way anywhere else, I'm going to chalk it up to sloppy wording on the part of the Daily Fail ;)

MOO

The text of the 27th is the one I want the time on. The one from the 30th was sent when he was already headed east across the country. 27th time may be a major clue to time of death. ( Prior to the text being sent) jmo
Gotcha. All I have on that is:

Stafford shares a timeline of events on September 17, as the family knows it:
  • On August 24, Petito FaceTimes with her mother and tells her she is leaving Utah and heading to the Teton range in Wyoming.
  • On August 25, there are multiple texts between Petito and her mother. The young woman's family believes she is in the Tetons on this date.
  • On August 27, there were more texts between Petito and her mother, during which her family believes she remains in the Tetons.
  • On August 30, her family receives their last text from Petito. They doubt she wrote that text. According to Stafford, that message reads, "No service in Yosemite."
Coroner to hold press conference Tuesday on Petito autopsy ruling - Local News 8

He's talking about the Laundries hiring an attorney. Saying of course everyone has the right to it. And, I agree with this. The issue here is not hiring the lawyer at all. It's the timing. They did it before this even got underway. This tells me they knew something. MOO.

I could be mistaken, but I thought it's been discussed here that LE does not have either Gabby's or Brian's prior phones. The phone they obtained from Brian was the phone he purchased supposed with his mother on 9/4 or 9/14, depending on which article you read. I don't think they have their phones from the trip, but I could be wrong.

My understanding as well. And, I wonder if they might have been looking for it in the Reserve, though that would not be too smart for people who have been pretty smart so far. So, not sure. MOO

You are correct. I just wasn't aware that LE didn't have BL's new phone until 9/29. I must have missed the articles on that because the way I read SB's text on 9/29 was that the phone was old news to LE because they already had it, not that they had just received it, if that makes sense.
Yes, it can be so confusing depending on wording! And why didn't they obtain his "new" phone which probably has zero data on it, until 9/29, 12 days after they reported him missing? Geez.

Gotcha. All I have on that is:

Stafford shares a timeline of events on September 17, as the family knows it:
  • On August 24, Petito FaceTimes with her mother and tells her she is leaving Utah and heading to the Teton range in Wyoming.
  • On August 25, there are multiple texts between Petito and her mother. The young woman's family believes she is in the Tetons on this date.
  • On August 27, there were more texts between Petito and her mother, during which her family believes she remains in the Tetons.
  • On August 30, her family receives their last text from Petito. They doubt she wrote that text. According to Stafford, that message reads, "No service in Yosemite."
Coroner to hold press conference Tuesday on Petito autopsy ruling - Local News 8
I'm thinking that the last text to mom on the 27th was the "stan" text. and NOT sent by Gabby, but sent from her phone after her death. jmo

He didn't have his own phone on the road trip, predating the murder? WTF? Not being snarky, promise, but is that verified?

I'm thinking it was 7 am.

"When Petito’s mother, Nichole Schmidt, reported her missing to Suffolk County Police in New York, she said she last spoke to her daughter at approximately 7 a.m. on Aug. 30. She said Petito was last seen in Grand Teton National Park, and listed Laundrie as a possible companion."

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Gabby Petito reported missing one month ago
If Mom received the text at 7 a.m. NY time, that would have been 5 a.m. Wyoming time right? Eastern vs Mountain time.

You said 'there was no apparent cause of death' which is way different than it not being released.

After Gabby was found the FBI said, "the cause of death has not yet been determined." To me that implies that it was not readily apparent. After autopsy they didn't say it was not being released, they said, "The cause of death remains pending final autopsy results."

Maybe pending means different things to different people, I guess.

Yes, it can be so confusing depending on wording! And why didn't they obtain his "new" phone which probably has zero data on it, until 9/29, 12 days after they reported him missing? Geez.
I wonder the same thing. When I saw the text from SB on 9/29, I thought he was just confirming information that LE already knew and had but the media had just found out, not that LE had apparently also just found out on 9/29. I just happened to see the on the WFLA timeline when I was scrolling earlier.

Wait, why did they wait 12 days? Didn't the parents initially report he left his wallet and phone at home? Maybe they had to get a warrant for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288