Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #60

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on your page. MOO And, IMO the plan to do this (and the instruction and direction) started before he left WY. MOO. Not fact.

I have a question I would like to know the answer to but don't, and may never know: Did his parents also get new phones on or before 9/1 (not talking about BL, we know he didn't get it until 9/4), and if so, did they get it from a different carrier as I suspect BL did to make LE efforts to get data on his phone all that more difficult. If the parents were in fact assisting him prior to his departure, they too would have had to toss their phones. This is a thought only. Not fact. Just fleshing out plausible scenarios. MOO
I think this is very possible if the following happened:
- She was killed 8/27-29 AND he called his parents soon after and they called their family friend who had a law degree ? And began receiving advice on a hypothetical situation. If it were me and I decided to help my child - I would tell them to get home to FL ASAP and in the meantime I would be going to Walmart with a hat and mask ( it’s FL we wear hats) and buying 2 prepaid phones - I would go to the library to activate them and use prepaid gift cards purchased with cash at Publix when I bought groceries to add minutes and would email a relative using a throwaway email to help me save my child from the death penalty and they would help because they don’t believe in the DP or I have something to hold over them and I would not hesitate to use it… JMO and what I may do to help my child who murdered their fiancé

I thought his phone was not charged. That's what I took from the Moab body cam. Not sure. MOO.
There is definitely not a lot of concrete data surrounding his "I don't have a phone" vs "Oh, look here's my phone in my pocket." I would highly doubt they had 2 phones not connected on one plan as most of the charges on a plan are for the base plan fee. Easy to add another line for ~$20 a month. BUT... he seems like someone would scoff at having a phone, wanting to live off the grid, etc. Did he perhaps really put his foot down and only have some barebones phone?

Wait, why did they wait 12 days? Didn't the parents initially report he left his wallet and phone at home? Maybe they had to get a warrant for that?
Right! I assumed the authorities took his wallet and phone when they reported him missing on 9/17, not a week later.

Part of me is afraid that GPS phone and BL's phone are lost causes and were tossed along the way. Anther part of me thinks, absolutely not. They're on him, wherever he is.

Would BL risk keeping them on him, with the potential to be tracked?

Police don't need the actual device to obtain information from the phones though, do they?

The network provider will have stored all calls and text message information. Do phone companies hand this over relatively easily, or would it require a warrant?

They possibly had external storage for photos/videos on iCloud or similar and requests could be made to those providers imo.

Third party apps may back up messages and be available even without the actual device? Android phones require a Google account usually. I wonder can LE request such account information? Just wondering whether these would all require a warrant to be obtained?

His phone was definitely working at the Moab stop because he turns it on and shows the officers his contact phone number with it. Probably he just let it run out of battery regularly. Enough that GP had to remind him to take the charger.

The most troubling to me regarding BL’s parents, is that they accepted no calls, texts or any information from Gabby’s parents who were frantically trying to find out where both Brian & Gabby were? Then, her Dad goes to the house and her van is in their driveway! The Cops come and are handed a business card for their Attorney. This doesn’t add up unless they knew or were highly suspicious their son had committed a crime!
Please correct me if I have this wrong, but the calls and texts started on the 10th. The Petitoes reported her missing on the 11th.

The Laundries called the police twice on the 10th and 3 times on the 11th. I have no idea why. Related to the calls? Or was something going on with Brian that was taking priority with them?

He did, he pulled it out later in the Moab video, after he said he didn't have one.

Ahhh. Thanks. A twenty-something person not having a phone would be super strange. It's a social media world. Also, a middle-class traveling couple in an unfamiliar land will make sure there's a link to the other person... if possible. If Gabby had the money, she most likely made sure BL had a phone. I would.

BL slowly eroded GPs trust. First, the hammock. Then he moved on to thebarefoot thing. She even stepped on a pebble. He didn't clear her path or look out for her. P. O. S

That article made it sound like investigators think GP sent (meaning wrote, imo, based on the wording of the paragraph regarding the 30th text) that Aug 27 text. Meaning, in my interpretation, that the timing of that text would be before her death. Which doesn't necessarily mean much, since she could have died at any point afterwards.

If true, I think it means a lot. I think it tells us that they retrieved enough evidence from the CS and autopsy to narrow down maybe not even a "date" of death, but a time of death. Based on all we know and have been discussing for 60 threads, I believe (MOO) she was killed on the 27th after the Merry Piglets or at minimum, in the very early hours of the 28th. I don't get the sense that the fighting from the MP ever stopped. MOO

If what has been reported in your link about (LE's statement) is accurate, this would mean (to me) that LE has some reason to sufficiently believe that she was still alive at the time that text was sent. Narrowing down her time of death certainly could be a large window of between that text on the 27th and the other on the 30th, but taken with all of the other eyewitness evidence and video, it seems more logical to me that they know it was before the 30th, and probably what day and maybe even between what hours. I may be too optimistic. But I remain hopeful anyway because this would be a great (accidental perhaps) tip of the hand by them to us that they got a lot of evidence, when we still have no news on the state in which her remains were found. MOO

This is probably a stupid question, but oh well. If COD is revealed to be murder tomorrow at the presser, is an arrest warrant then issued for BL for her murder?
Good question. Certainly all the circumstantial evidence points to him. If that’s enough, yes. If the DA thinks not, I guess it would be no….

If BL left on the morning of 9/13, it seems to me that maybe the reason. He left, is because he could no long keep up the story he may have told his parents. Maybe the 3 of them were fighting because he wasn't answering their questions now that they realize GP is truly missing and the police picked up the van, suprising them. I kinda think he left the 11th.

I want to understand your point of view. Previously you asked "what could the parents do (short of shooting him in the leg?) to prevent their adult son from leaving".
Personally, I would call the police on my own kid. Absolutely. Especially if I thought they were in a highly emotional state. People can call the police and request a Crisis Intervention Team for anyone with a mental health crisis. The Laundries could have done this and not admit guilt at the same time.

No comment...

He didn't have his own phone on the road trip, predating the murder? WTF? Not being snarky, promise, but is that verified?

He had his own phone. Not sure why that question keeps showing up. During the Moab stop, he didn’t have it on him while standing outside the van talking to LE. It was in the van.
Somehow, that turned into him not having a phone! sigh
Why did Gabby tell LE to make sure BL had his phone charger if he didn’t actually have a phone????????

Accidental could still fall under the definition of homicide. Homicide simply means death of a person by another person.

A homicide is a broad class of crimes where an individual takes the life of another individual. At common law, criminal homicide is divided into three categories: murder, voluntary manslaughter, and involuntary manslaughter.

Homicide Crimes: Murder

an accidental death could be considered manslaughter.
All true, though that wouldn’t be determined by the ME, but by prosecutors/jury.

I think this is very possible if the following happened:
- She was killed 8/27-29 AND he called his parents soon after and they called their family friend who had a law degree ? And began receiving advice on a hypothetical situation. If it were me and I decided to help my child - I would tell them to get home to FL ASAP and in the meantime I would be going to Walmart with a hat and mask ( it’s FL we wear hats) and buying 2 prepaid phones - I would go to the library to activate them and use prepaid gift cards purchased with cash at Publix when I bought groceries to add minutes and would email a relative using a throwaway email to help me save my child from the death penalty and they would help because they don’t believe in the DP or I have something to hold over them and I would not hesitate to use it… JMO and what I may do to help my child who murdered their fiancé

Okay, but put on the other shoes for a moment. You get a call from your favorite cousin who needs you to help hide their kid who has just killed someone. The first few days, okay, they might not have heard about the case, but this far in, there is no way anybody helping him doesn't know he's wanted for the murder of Gabby Petito. It's a crime in every state to harbor a fugitive, you're looking at five years in prison if he is charged. Not convicted, charged.

Do you harbor the fugitive? Do you risk having your entire life destroyed for a nephew? Most people aren't going to do it. Or do you get that sweet, sweet reward money? I love my nephews, but I'm not going to jail for them.

Where ever he's hiding, they don't know who he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd