Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #60

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question. I've seen the Bethune video, a lot. I've watched it at regular speed, slo-mo, and even double speed because you should really see that dead bugs (right smack in the middle of the windshield) butt blowing in the wind at 2x. I have seen no sign at all of any van door closing surreptitiously so could someone please tell me where this is supposed to have occurred in the video?

Is this the video with the van at the side of the road? If so, watch it from back before the van comes into view. When it first comes into view you can see a vertical black line on the back of the van. As the camera approaches the black line disappears. As it gets closer there is nothing there that can explain the black line. I'm pretty sure the back door was, in fact, ajar and then closed as the camera was approaching.

I think this is very possible if the following happened:
- She was killed 8/27-29 AND he called his parents soon after and they called their family friend who had a law degree ? And began receiving advice on a hypothetical situation. If it were me and I decided to help my child - I would tell them to get home to FL ASAP and in the meantime I would be going to Walmart with a hat and mask ( it’s FL we wear hats) and buying 2 prepaid phones - I would go to the library to activate them and use prepaid gift cards purchased with cash at Publix when I bought groceries to add minutes and would email a relative using a throwaway email to help me save my child from the death penalty and they would help because they don’t believe in the DP or I have something to hold over them and I would not hesitate to use it… JMO and what I may do to help my child who murdered their fiancé
Roberta, is that you?

I have a question. I've seen the Bethune video, a lot. I've watched it at regular speed, slo-mo, and even double speed because you should really see that dead bugs (right smack in the middle of the windshield) butt blowing in the wind at 2x. I have seen no sign at all of any van door closing surreptitiously so could someone please tell me where this is supposed to have occurred in the video?

My suggestion would be for you to check out the 4K resolution version that Red, White and Bethune put up on their channel. That's the raw, unedited Go Pro original footage. It's the highest, clearest, crispest resolution you can get of the footage.

Source: Red, White & Bethune 4K Go Pro

Watch it on a big monitor (desktop or larger - not cellphone), slowed down to 0.25 speed. The back of the van becomes visible, with right door slightly ajar at roughly 1:28, and the closing happens at approximately 1:35. JMO, but I think it's pretty clear - even without any zooming or other video editing techniques. Hard to see on a mobile screen, though.

I'm hoping that was possibly still with her and that her iPad was still in the van. I don't remember an iPad, but I think someone here said she had one.
I'm thinking the absence of these and other belongings in that van are critical to BL's state of mind. MOO (Another brick to show he was very aware that what he did was wrong). MOO

Have they ever put the trash out? And if not, why not. Crowds aside, those have now dissipated. But trash on the street is public property and can be collected by the FBI without a warrant. Just a thought. MOO.
I haven't seen them put ANYTHING outside, and they very rarely leave the home. I cannot imagine what their garage is looking like right now.

Oh, also SB said the phone was purchased 9/4, sorry. I think I clarified the wrong date earlier.

IIRC, was there not CCTV of BL getting the cell phone with an older woman? Now, I am confused. Also, I recall mention of a phone purchase from WalMart (recall the 4th) that had to be activated at AT&T. MOO

Do you harbor the fugitive? Do you risk having your entire life destroyed for a nephew? Most people aren't going to do it. Or do you get that sweet, sweet reward money? I love my nephews, but I'm not going to jail for them.

Where ever he's hiding, they don't know who he is.

Or if they do know who he is, they are holding out for a way to get the reward money. He can't trust anyone at this point. I also think if anyone is hiding him their lives are in danger. Once a person has killed someone I think he could kill again, to protect himself. What does he have to lose?

IMO

I took his comment during the LE stop to mean that he didn’t have any paid minutes left on it to access the internet or for receiving/making phone calls with it.

Does that make sense considering he gave that phone number to the police as his contact? He didn't mention "Oh, but I can't use this phone at all, so don't bother calling me on it." And presumably this is the same phone that Gabby's parents called him on, assuming it was a working number.

Can you link or point to the time where Brian or Gabby actually claimed that Brian's phone doesn't have paid minutes or it doesn't work without WiFi?

Is this the video with the van at the side of the road? If so, watch it from back before the van comes into view. When it first comes into view you can see a vertical black line on the back of the van. As the camera approaches the black line disappears. As it gets closer there is nothing there that can explain the black line. I'm pretty sure the back door was, in fact, ajar and then closed as the camera was approaching.
Agreed

Have they ever put the trash out? And if not, why not. Crowds aside, those have now dissipated.

Trash on the street is public property and can be collected by the FBI without a warrant. Is this the real reason behind them stockpiling trash? Just a thought. MOO.
Maybe they don’t want the angry bullhorners to send their empty soda bottle or plastic takeout fork to Ancestry or 23andme. No tellin’ what those peeps would do!

Yes, at least as of the filming of that last Dr Phil interview. Could they possibly be concerned about the details of the COD being leaked by a funeral home if they release the body?
They send an interim death certificate for the funeral home and to start probate and to close out bank accounts, etc. Manner and cause of death will still say pending, which is fine for those purposes. This is often done because people do not want to wait weeks to hold a funeral or begin probate while the autopsy finalizes.

good point on the Florida plates, don’t know why that didn’t occur to me. To be more precise, I’m interested in determining whether wabasso ave was GP’s address of record

The Missing Person report for Gabby lists her address as Ocean Ave, Blue Point, NY. It lists Gabby's previous address as 4343 Wabasso, North Port, FL.

The Ocean Ave. address is her natural mother's home in NY. The Wabasso Ave. address is where the Laundrie's reside in FL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member