Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #60

Status
Not open for further replies.
Utah private investigator says Gabby Petito could have been strangled to death after reviewing video of her body language in stop by Moab cops: Coroner will reveal full autopsy today

'I wouldn't be surprised that it's manual strangulation,' Jenson - who said he had also visited the site where her remains were discovered - claimed.

'I wouldn't be surprised if he's choked her before. Any victim that's been choked before—their natural reaction is to lower their chin to their clavicle to prevent that hand from going around their throat.'
upload_2021-10-13_0-13-26.jpeg

The speculation comes ahead of a virtual press conference today in which the Teton County coroner is expected to reveal the 22-year-old woman's cause of death.
Gabby Petito may have died from asphyxiation after reviewing bodycam video, says PI | Daily Mail Online

previous articles. *Could this be where the Aug 27 photo on the missing person report came from?
Petito's friend told The Sun, "(The) last time I talked to Gabby was the beginning of August when we were planning for me to meet her in Yellowstone after my birthday." The person believes the park, located mostly in Wyoming was supposed to be Petito's next stop "at least when we planned it."
bbm:
According to reports, Gabby also told another friend on August 27 on Snapchat that she was heading for Yellowstone National Park.

Although her parents could not confirm where exactly she was heading, Wyoming would indicate a trip to Yellowstone, where she would have met her friend. Instead, Petito's text puts her 800 miles away in California, which while not impossible certainly seems improbable.

The friend has not yet talked to the police, before revealing the information to The Sun. She concluded her statement by saying, "Gabby made sure I kept going when I didn't want to.
Who was Gabby Petito meeting at Yellowstone National Park? 'She wouldn't blow me off'

Gabby Petito's pal says she missed meet up but sent 'strange' final text to mom

I find it very odd he would go hiking in the reserve that late in the day and after a decent rainfall. Not to mention, who goes hiking without a wallet and PHONE? BL made such a big argument in Moab about claims he didn’t have a phone. If his parents were so worried he was going to hurt himself, in addition to seeing he left his wallet and phone, why not immediately go to the reserve? Mommy and Daddy clearly supported his escape.
BBM. While we don't know this with certainty, from the outside looking in, they certainly appear suspicious. Aside from their silence, and not calling the tortured Petito family, the fact Brian still lived at home makes me think he was very needy. Now don't jump all over me please. I know alot of 20 somethings still live at home for economic reasons. In BL's case, I think there was more going on. Perhaps we'll learn more about his ability to function. We already know there *seemed* to be an issue with impulse control, or regulating his temper/emotions.

This is just from the armchair looking in. I certainly don't know the reality of what went on, but hopefully we will find out in the coming days.
Amateur opinion and speculation

What happened to Gabby Petito? | WFLA

Interesting bit I didn't realize until today, FBI didn't actually get BL's phone until 9/29 according to WFLA, which ironically is the same day SB confirmed he bought the phone on 9/4.

Rsbm

bringing this back from last night, there was much discussion.

I, too, had not realized that LE did not have the phone until 9/29. I went back to read about it (link in quote above) and this is what it says

The FBI obtains a phone purchased by Brian Laundrie shortly before his return to Florida without Gabby Petito, as well as surveillance video from the Laundrie family's camping trip to Fort De Soto campground.

SEPTEMBER 29

purchased BEFORE his return to Florida? Before 9/1, Not on 9/4? Not in Florida? Wait, what?!

is this accurate?
Is this an editorial mistake?
Does anyone here have the ability to “ask JB” ?
(I’m not a member of Twitter or the other platforms he suggests on WFLAnow)

The FBI may have decided to up the heat factor by releasing it. I also wonder where the reward fund stands.

It is interesting timing. Last week her family was on Dr. Phil, his sister was on the news - telling BL to turn himself in and his dad was with the searchers in the Preserve, This week the coroner is doing what we hope is an update. Hopefully this is all registering with those that may know more than they are saying. JMO

Here is the weather from Sept 13 for North Port.

Not sure I'm following the reasons why the weather was critically important that day. But as is pretty usual in FL it rained in the late afternoon. It was heavy rain starting at around 4:15. It was sunny again by 5:53. No more rain fell that day.

Weather in September 2021 in North Port, Florida, USA

(Scroll down, select date from the pull down menu for the hour by hour record)
Here in north port it could be torrential rain on one side of the stree and sunny and beautiful on the other side!
We have had rain every day all summer long till the last weeks where it’s been dry!
U can almost set your watch by the time the rain starts usually around 4
I seriously doubt he’s in the Preserve!
I do not believe he’s deceased!

Good Morning/Afternoon everyone. I’m just wondering if anyone knows if WFLA YouTube is showing the coroners report later? I can only view it either on here or on their YouTube channel. I’ve got lots of anxiety about the report. I have a genuine question (I’m a brit) would they say whether it is murder or accidental? I know over here they will say it’s a murder enquiry but not release COD as in stab wound etc and the POI will be charged either with murder, manslaughter with whatever evidence they have (that’s from my understanding anyway) like vehicular manslaughter or actual murder etc etc. MOO.
Sending lots of love to gabbys family and friends today.

Yes to you tube. JB said all platforms on his Twitter.

moo

At this point I can't see that B could be anywhere other then a sheltered place or dead. I don't think he could hack it out in the wilderness this long by himself. If he is sheltered, who could be providing him help? I am sure LE has got to be looking into that. MOO.
Honestly, I don't hold a lot of hope that he is alive. He didn't come off in the few videos we've seen of him as a type that would live on the run. He was so apologetic to the cops for speeding, and he seemed super sensitive to drawing attention to himself (when they were publicly fighting). If he caused her death during a fight, he must have been devastated. When his parents reported him missing, they said they were worried about him, which made me wonder if his mental state was in question. I can't help but think he probably took his own life rather than choosing to go into hiding.

How far would he have had to carry/move her body from where the van was parked to the CS? I have always felt that he strangled her in that van on the 27th. Tia!

Rsbm

bringing this back from last night, there was much discussion.

I, too, had not realized that LE did not have the phone until 9/29. I went back to read about it (link in quote above) and this is what it says

The FBI obtains a phone purchased by Brian Laundrie shortly before his return to Florida without Gabby Petito, as well as surveillance video from the Laundrie family's camping trip to Fort De Soto campground.

SEPTEMBER 29

purchased BEFORE his return to Florida? Before 9/1, Not on 9/4? Not in Florida? Wait, what?!

is this accurate?
Is this an editorial mistake?
Does anyone here have the ability to “ask JB” ?
(I’m not a member of Twitter or the other platforms he suggests on WFLAnow)

Ironically I just checked the WFLA Live Stream and someone had asked this exact question (Note it was a previously recorded one and I don't know from when....) and JB said that he is not sure where the confusion comes from related to the dates and that they are trying to get some confirmation but that they have always reported it as 9/14.

Yes to you tube. JB said all platforms on his Twitter.

moo

Just curious if we know what time this would be streamed? I am sure its posted somewhere but Im at work :( and cant look at this moment. TIA

Last night Jennifer Coffindaffer said she doesn’t think they will release the manner in which GP was killed and that she would be shocked if the FBI allows that to be released because this is still an ongoing investigation.

<modsnip>
Link for the Coffindaffer interview:
https://twitter.com/coffindafferfbi/status/1447901532683386881?s=21

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I don't hold a lot of hope that he is alive. He didn't come off in the few videos we've seen of him as a type that would live on the run. He was so apologetic to the cops for speeding, and he seemed super sensitive to drawing attention to himself (when they were publicly fighting). If he caused her death during a fight, he must have been devastated. When his parents reported him missing, they said they were worried about him, which made me wonder if his mental state was in question. I can't help but think he probably took his own life rather than choosing to go into hiding.
Sensitive? Only when something affected him. Sensitive people do not slap their girlfriends, take their keys and cell phone leaving them alone in remote areas. Sensitive people do not just kill and dump the body of their GF to decompose in a desolate creek bed, vulnerable to insects and wildlife. Sensitive people do not ignore the pleading from their GF's worried family then hide like a coward.
With all due respect I fail to detect anything sensitive about him. Jmo

Just curious if we know what time this would be streamed? I am sure its posted somewhere but Im at work :( and cant look at this moment. TIA

AUTOPSY RULING: We’ll be live on #WFLANow before 2:30 ET on Tuesday as the Teton County Coroner announces a ruling on the autopsy of Gabby Petito. Our stream will be on all platforms, including
@WFLA
’s site & app: http://wfla.com/wflanow

The FBI may have decided to up the heat factor by releasing it. I also wonder where the reward fund stands.

According to speculation, the reward terms are sketchy. Perhaps it would make sense to collect the reward funds from multiple sources in a reputable escrow account, and establish unified terms of reward?

Good Morning All !!! Anxiously and fearfully awaiting the presser.......not to be stupid....but its Wyoming ME that will hold the presser ?? God Bless her family...thee are amazing people. IIRC the first fundraiser for Gabby's foundation is this weekend.

OOps........presser at 230 est....thank you !!!!

Last night Jennifer Coffindaffer said she doesn’t think they will release the manner in which GP was killed and that she would be shocked if the FBI allows that to be released because this is still an ongoing investigation.

I’m wonder if they have linked the GP case to the women in Moab if the coroner would release that information or if that’s something the FBI would release. I was wondering if they could be linked via forensic evidence and that’s what he will talk about today and maybe won’t reveal the manner in which GP was murdered.

https://twitter.com/coffindafferfbi/status/1447901532683386881?s=21
Good morning! Really dumb question for you, why are they having a PC/Zoom if they do not plan to release COD do you think? I doubt they will tell us as well, but then why hold a pc?

I don’t see what difference this makes at the moment. It does clearly show the van door closing shut at a specific time if the video has an accurate time system so LE and all of us can reasonably assume that SOMEONE was in GP’s van at that time on that date.

I don’t remember the time and date. Could Gabby have been alive at that moment? Was BL gone—when did those witnesses who gave him a ride see him?

It’s possible that later the piece of info that someone was alive in that van becomes significant. But it also may not.

The video was instrumental in locating Gabby. It affixed a location in the Tetons for LE search. I think it’s highly likely they’d still be searching for Gabby had this video not been released
I think Gabby was in the van and-closed the door. I think she was alone at this time!
Just a thought!

<modsnip>
https://twitter.com/coffindafferfbi/status/1447901532683386881?

s=21

I am skeptical they will release this information, as well. I suspect that they will let the public know that they have completed the autopsy, and it's in the hands of the FBI. In other words, don't ask our office when we will be completed with the autopsy. JMO

I imagine the FBI wants to find BL before they release the cause. It wouldn't benefit their case to let that info out now. With that, I don't know if we will ever find out because I am in the camp that suspects BL isn't around anymore.

So, all we can do is speculate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads