Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why has no one called out Steve Bertolino. Why??? MOO They continue to allow him to make these false self-serving statements on behalf of someone who may not even be his client with zero pushback.

BL is not "missing." He is a Fugitive. Period.

FBI flat out said this:

“At this time, there is no evidence to connect or any reason to believe it is related to the search for fugitive Brian Laundrie,” the FBI stated.

FBI: No evidence connecting body found on Blue Ridge Parkway to search for Brian Laundrie

MOO

considering she likely died where that van was parked, or shortly before that, I assume she was awake and they were fighting over the restaurant fight.
I didn’t know if they were camping in the van or a tent for the night at that spot and GP could had gone to bed or were they out in the area fighting.

Her "demise"...he couldn't...wouldn't call it what it is, her homicide...her murder.
I actually do get that word choice. You never want to place your client's name and the word murder in the same sentence you are using to try to deny said murder. Her "demise" is a much more passive uninvolved way to put it.

What questions were not asked during the Press Conference that you would have liked to see posed?

One in particular that I can think of that I have seen batted around on these forums is stomach content. Even though he may not have been able to provide details, I would just be curious as to what he could say on that.

And I was wondering if someone would have asked about method of strangulation (i.e. hands, clothing, something else) if he may have hinted at something there.

I did think it was odd that, given everything he said he couldnt answer, he specifically addressed DV when he spoke about other cases that have not received as much attention.
Someone did ask if method of strangulation could be determined (whether by object or hands) but he declined to answer. I didn't catch the whole thing so can't speak to what else I would ask. The cause of death is what I speculated, I also think he likely did it with his bare hands in a fit of rage. Maybe she tried to break up with him or his anger at the restaurant employees was too much and she challenged him. I'm so pissed he got away while under surveillance. I hope he's caught or found soon.

Ugh, just had a thought, if it goes to trial & BL uses the “it was auto- erotic asphyxiation” (i.e. accidental strangulation during sex) I might actually need sedating coz I’ll be so damn angry!

He'll claim it was an accident via autoerotic asphyxiation
That’s where the body cam footage comes in where she shows where he grabbed her face/jaw

That was a good question. How would they be able to tell the difference between strangulation by another person using an object and accidental strangulation? After the whole grabbing her face thing, I don't believe he used anything but his hands, but just for kicks, does anyone know that?

In about 50% of ligature strangulation cases, there is evidence of hyoid and laryngeal injury. Fracture of the hyoid bone and thyroid cartilage are most common in instances of manual strangulation. Additionally, in cases of manual strangulation forensic pathologists and medical examiners typically rely on patterned abrasions and contusions on the skin, although in some cases there aren't any external signs of trauma.

Sources
Clarot, F., E. Vaz, F. Papin, and B. Proust. "Fatal and non-fatal bilateral delayed carotid artery dissection after manual strangulation." Forensic Science International 149, no. 2-3 (2005): 143-150.

Iserson, Kenneth V. "Strangulation: A Review of Ligature, Manual, and Postural Neck Compression Injuries." Annals of Emergency Medicine 13, no. 3 (1984): 179-185.

Strangulation, 3-4 weeks before the body was found (the 27th is right in the middle of that), not pregnant (a reasonable speculation since pregnancy increases risk for DV), and he said something about shining a light on other victims of domestic violence so I think he slipped and revealed he thinks it’s DV and, therefore, BL who did it.

Last edited:
<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
Unless they have other evidence that indicates it was an act of violence, other broken bones, etc. Her body being exposed for 3/4 weeks though may leave a window to blame injuries on the environment, animals

Last edited by a moderator:
3 weeks from when she was found would’ve been the 29th.. 4 weeks was the 22nd and we know she was alive then. So we’re still at between 8/25/
- 8/29
Between the 27th and 29, roughly, as expected. On the 27th they were in the Merry Piglets restaurant.

I thought he had shot Gabby. This is just very, very sad.

Don’t feel that the coroner should’ve put his two cents worth in there about Gabby being a blonde and that there’s more victims than her
Her hair color is irrelevant and I wonder if the other perps are “missing “
Just kind of P’d me off
I didn’t hear”blonde”.
He said she was a blogger.

MOO

Will the slip-up affect the case in court in anyway?
I am not very good with legal stuff but will the defense lawyer say that the ME is biased and already formed an opinion that it is Domestic violence? or is that all TV crap?

I’ve stopped posting for a while and took a break from these threads… but omg finally, as we all now know, we have the details of Gabbys death. She was strangled.

This makes me so angry when I think of everyone that victim-blamed her, after we have her on video showing Brian grabbed her by the neck. And in the end killed her.

I need them to find that *advertiser censored*. And charge the parents too.
Welcome back, I took a break as well and i agree with EVERYTHING you said

Legal eagles, @Alethea and friends, and LE among us—-
I’m looking at the WY statutes on coroner’s reports, and it reads to me (not in law) as though coroner’s reports are public by request. Am I missing something?
2020 Wyoming Statutes :: Title 7 - Criminal Procedure :: Chapter 4 - County Coroners :: Article 1 - In General :: Section 7-4-105 - Confidentiality of Reports, Photos and Recordings; Exceptions; Penalties.
The report would be heavily redacted and reveal probably less than what was revealed in the press conference.

Don’t feel that the coroner should’ve put his two cents worth in there about Gabby being a blonde and that there’s more victims than her
Her hair color is irrelevant and I wonder if the other perps are “missing “
Just kind of P’d me off
I thought he said the same thing. But after listening better I think he said "vlogger" and not blonde.

I am wondering if Dr Blue received permission from GP’s family to confirm the non-pregnancy. I’m sure everyone anticipated that it would be asked and perhaps they took the opportunity to shut it down. Otherwise, it would seem to fall under autopsy findings he’s not allowed to release. Odd.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member