Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is from a different county but assume it falls under Wyoming law:

2. Are coroner files public record?

Public records and information are defined as of July 1st, 2011 by State statute. Cases that are under investigation, or in the process of adjudication, are not available as public information by Wyoming and Federal Statutes until those processes are complete. Medical records obtained by the coroner’s office are not subject to secondary release as restricted by Federal Law. Once a case has been closed and/or completed the judicial process, coroner dockets are public record by Wyoming Statute. See Statutes as referenced on the “Request for Records” page for details on what is or is not public record.

Laramie County.
Thank you! That’s incredibly helpful.

I heard blonde. I'm sure he was referring to the unequal press coverage other missing persons receive, especially minorities.
I agree, he has probably ruled the same cause and manner of death for innumerable other women, and no one cares, he doesn't hold a press conference and have to answer a barrage of questions. Those women are buried and forgotten except by their families, who are also hurting right now.

I can’t believe someone did that. That just infuriated me.
I didn't see what was said but why would someone do that? Has to be someone that is pissed that he's covering this case so closely, imo

Umm.. how? It’s not like a panther choked her to death. Or a tree. And coroner used the words domestic violence.. so.. I don’t see that being possible.[/QUOTE
l.

Yes because he said DV, it is possible there are other injuries from a fight or struggle, broken bones etc. that would eliminate defense saying it was sex that went too far. Being exposed to the wilderness for 3 to 4 weeks leaves the possibility that the defense could say animals could have made those other injuries, if there are any, although I do think there would be evidence if it was an animal

Question to anyone who can possibly answer.

Since SB is sticking by this whole he’s only wanted for fraud malarkey, if the FBI doesn’t now come out and upgrade the charges.. can we safely assume Brian is dead at that point?

No. Though the official cause of death is now strangulation which means a person killed her, nothing has been said that there is sufficient evidence to accuse BL of it.

Yes, it sounds far fetched to many of us here, but it is possible that BL came back from a walk about and found GP dead, panicked, afraid he’d be blamed and rushed home without reporting it. It’s possible that happened.

i dont think he would come up behind her, im more apt to believe they were aready argueng face to face and he took his hands and choked her to death, left her lay and walked off.
Maybe that's what he told his parents. She tried to choke me so I grabbed her by the neck to stop her. When I walked away, I didn't realize she was dead. MOOx100.

And I dont see how there could not be something under her fingernails that would make this very clear. MOO

Typically there is, but in the case of Shanann Watts she did not have any DNA under her fingernails and through Chris's own admission she did not fight back.
Maybe, GP and BL often fought with him grabbing her (as GP demonstrated at the police stop) and/or choking her but always let go and apologized profusely and GP always forgave him. Possibly, GP thought this time was going to be like all the other times and he'd let go....only this time he didn't. MOO.

Don’t feel that the coroner should’ve put his two cents worth in there about Gabby being a blonde and that there’s more victims than her
Her hair color is irrelevant and I wonder if the other perps are “missing “
Just kind of P’d me off
I don't think that's what he said, but honestly, in his line of work where that reality would be in his face constantly, I don't think we can blame him.
As for your other question, yes. There are a lot of GP cases out there that don't get proportional coverage and addressing it isn't a shot at her or anyone interested in her case. It's just facts. We're human and we have biases. If we can acknowledge that within ourselves, then we can use high profile cases like Gabby's to raise awareness and make a conscious effort to notice other cases that we might've otherwise scrolled right over. That's what made JP's plea for it so beautiful. I can't even imagine the strength that family possesses.

ALSO I have another question. Can it be listed as premeditated since she is shown on body cam footage holding her face and neck and crying saying he had his hands like this?

I believe strangulation qualifies as premeditated because of the amount of time it takes, someone said earlier premeditation doesn’t have to start a long time in advance, just that you knew what you were doing was going to kill someone and you kept doing it.

A few here have mentioned BL might claim erotic asphyxiation. I’m not certain, but with Jim Schmidt IDing Gabby’s sweatshirt, I thought that was found on her. So I inferred she’d be clothed at the time of her death.
I’m no expert in this type of thing, obviously, but if she were clothed I think that would further disprove this was a sexual act that went wrong. JMO

I'm wondering whether SB was expecting charges and perhaps there are indications that none are forthcoming? Hence the reference to the fraud charges only?
I think he was downplaying or trying to deemphasize the significance of the strangulation (and it's connection to BL). Totally unsuccessfully!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member