Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with your timeline! I feel he was enraged at the restaurant, strangled her soon after the pulled off the road and parked the van. If he was out of control, she may have instinctively ran to get away and he caught up with her! This was absolutely no accident! It was an upfront, cold blooded murder in my opinion! I hope she passed out as soon as possible to avoid further suffering! I also hope the Prosecutor takes a kitchen timer to Court and sets it for 30 seconds so the jury can feel the air coming out of them and feel this horrific act!

"Enraged" is a good word and I feel that feeling came to him more and more and for silly reasons as they continued on their trip. I think she knew about that part of him and as a result, her parents may have known at well. It fits the narrative of a "sudden" choking without thinking and then punishes her by leaving her out in the open and being able to leave her there for 3-4 weeks.

Incorrect. Prosecutors do have the burden of proof, but they only have to prove the case in the affirmative beyond a reasonable doubt (i.e., what did happen rather than what didn't happen). They are under no legal obligation to disprove anything the defense says, only to prove their own case.

Difficult to prove ones case when there are other things that could have happened. The question will be (unless there is direct physical evidence tying BL to this) how possible is it that someone else did this after BL left her, or while he was on a walk about.

It is more possible than Big Foot attack, yes. That would be a clear example of not reasonable. But it comes down to what jury/judge finds as possible

The dr phil interview with gps parents, the dad said something about visiting where she was found,in front of a tent etc it was somewhere deliberately secluded, crossing a creek bed etc, she had to be killed there?, i dont think hes killed her in the van, i think hes killed her there,or why not dump the van?, why drive it all the way back to the parents house with gabbys dna all over it?.. Jmoo

Duane Chapman, better known by Dog the Bounty Hunter, released a statement on the results of Gabby Petito's autopsy.

“The coroner’s statement has established a timeline that looks worse for Brian Laundrie. His continued evasion of law enforcement makes him look guilty. His best decision now would be to turn himself in,” said Chapman. “I can’t fathom how Brian’s parents can live with themselves after how they’ve stonewalled the Petito family. They need to be doing more to signal Brian to stop running."

BREAKING NEWS: Laundrie family attorney reacts to news Gabby Petito was strangled

This man has inserted himself into this case and is making it about himself. He has yet to add any new or actually useful information at all. MOO.

If any DNA was able to be found on her body then I look for an announcement of additional charges will be added .

I would think DNA is probably not going to be very helpful in this case since they lived together in the van and tent and you'd expect both of their DNA to be everywhere. Unless it's someplace like under her fingernails where it wouldn't get in the normal course of life.

Oh I agree, I'm not sure if my post was misconstrued..

I was meaning that a person cannot easily explain away strangulation, it is a very deliberate, intimate MO.

Whereas, if GP had been pushed and hit her head on a rock then that could maybe be explained away by a defence attorney.

MOO
Yes, I was agreeing with you! I guess I am very emotional and not expressing myself very well because I am so disgusted and disturbed about the fact that this cold blooded killer has not been brought in yet. Jmo

Not surprised that strangulation was MOD. One month or so ago that she was killed, falls in with Merry Piglet ?? Glad to hear the pregnancy rumor is put to bed. Interesting enough, I just received a text from someone today. It said 'what is all this on the news about a missing girl and they are looking for the boyfriend'. It was hard to do the readers digest version of this tragedy.

Difficult to prove ones case when there are other things that could have happened. The question will be (unless there is direct physical evidence tying BL to this) how possible is it that someone else did this after BL left her, or while he was on a walk about.

It is more possible than Big Foot attack, yes. That would be a clear example of not reasonable. But it comes down to what jury/judge finds as possible

No, it comes down to whether the jury believes the defendant committed the crime beyond a reasonable doubt, not beyond a possible doubt. If you're interested in learning more about the reasonable doubt standard, this University of Chicago Law Review article is freely available and does a good job explaining its history and application.

There are enough known facts for reasonable speculation that BL killed her. Him not being legally called a suspect or having charges levied against him at this point, per every legal analyst, is a legal strategy, the clock starts ticking in the legal process once charges are filed. There is no advantage to charging him now, it will not make him be found any sooner, time is on LE’s side right now.

Regardless of reasoning, he has not been named a suspect publicly by LE. Factually, we shouldn't be calling him one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998