Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #62

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there an aerial/overhead photo that shows where the van was parked and where GP's body was found???? I've seen pictures of where her stepdad, JS ,placed his cross with flowers where GP's body was actually found, I've seen the first cross by an unidentified person/s, I've seen all the crime scene pictures w/orange markings, I've heard a few hundred yards or a 5 minute walk from the van, and I've seen where the van was parked. But I have not seen an aerial image between the parked van and her remains. I'm trying to get my head around how this all lays out... if there has been an aerial image just let me know and I will go to the media page and dig there. I just haven't seen anything yet... and it's bugging the h**l to of me (LOL) TIA
I try to compare too and I get lost in all of the trees.

I agree it was not a slip up. Death by strangulation automatically defines this as domestic violence. It's not pointing a finger at BL specifically or saying anything about Gabbie's possible past experiences. Whoever strangled Gabbie, whether it be the most obvious, Brian, or some mysterious stranger that happened upon Gabbie out there, it's still Domestic Violence. IMO. Also, I'm in and out on these threads and miss a lot. Can anyone tell me if we have any proof or confirmation that BL was ever even at the reserve, I mean other than what his parents finally decided to disclose to LE?

Is there an aerial/overhead photo that shows where the van was parked and where GP's body was found???? I've seen pictures of where her stepdad, JS ,placed his cross with flowers where GP's body was actually found, I've seen the first cross by an unidentified person/s, I've seen all the crime scene pictures w/orange markings, I've heard a few hundred yards or a 5 minute walk from the van, and I've seen where the van was parked. But I have not seen an aerial image between the parked van and her remains. I'm trying to get my head around how this all lays out... if there has been an aerial image just let me know and I will go to the media page and dig there. I just haven't seen anything yet... and it's bugging the h**l to of me (LOL) TIA

ME TOO!!! I can not get a good layout! There's the 2 crosses, one is where she was actually found. The photos, some look in different areas from the stream. I get so confused by all of it because none of it tells a solid story to me. What I think now, is they had a long physical fight, or him hitting her and her trying to get away. Then finally caught her...and....well we all know the rest. JMO

Thanks for your opinion. IF they r drag marks imho he moved the van to try and cover/park over them after he dragged her out of the van.

Yes possibly.
Are you thinking she was still alive when possibly dragged out or had already been murdered?
The cadaver dogs didn't alert in the van so I wonder how long does it take for a dead body to emit smell that can be picked up by the scent dogs?

ME TOO!!! I can not get a good layout! There's the 2 crosses, one is where she was actually found. The photos, some look in different areas from the stream. I get so confused by all of it because none of it tells a solid story to me. What I think now, is they had a long physical fight, or him hitting her and her trying to get away. Then finally caught her...and....well we all know the rest. JMO
I’m wondering if he hit her hard in the face and made her bleed as he did it and that’s why all the evidence markers were like they were.. then he choked her. I hope she clawed the ever loving you know what out of his face.

This really upsets me - why do it?
me too.
Looks like he was targeted.
It's a vicious world, the world of journalism.
Security should have been a lot tighter for this press 'conference' that was really a one-lined press release.
But it's the kind of thing that could follow his career.
He's very good, he works hard and doesn't take shortcuts.
Shameful thing to do.
I hope there's an investigation.
For his sake.

Strangulation always makes me so sad because is so personal. Eye contact. Opportunities to stop, deliberate continuance. It takes time, and there is a struggle. It is face to face.

To imagine she died with him screaming and spitting in her face with his hands around her neck, is so painful. The fear of not being able to breathe, and of the person she loved doing this to her, alone in the wilderness, with no way out. She saw the devil in his eyes in that moment. I’m so sorry that’s the last thing she saw.

Strangulation can be determined in the first degree or with premeditation because of continuing past the point of passing out, until the victim is deceased. There is time to stop, and a knowledge of what you are doing, past the point of “passion” but consistent with violent rage. Sometimes victims urinate during the struggle. It’s a very horrible way to die and way too personal for it to not have been BL. IMO. Too sad.

Last edited:
DBM double
I think it is more likely to be 4(b) - one hand over the mouth to prevent the victim talking/crying so the perpetrator doesn;t have to hear what the victim has to say, and the other hand around to throat to reinforce my first point. It also forces the victim to think about survival rather than the point they were trying to make to the perpetrator. Double whammy.

His story is going to be that someone else killed her and that he happened upon the scene and fled out of fear he'd be accused. In fact, that's pretty much the first statement his lawyer put out about why they weren't talking to police.

There are what appear to be blood spots in the scene photos. If that's BL's blood, he doesn't stand a chance of succeeding with that defense. If it's Gabby's blood, who knows? If it's someone else's blood, the whole story changes.

He reminds me of my neighbor I’ve mentioned here a few times. He flies off the handle very easily and has been abusive to one’s around him. But when the law shows up (for other reasons) and he comes in contact, he’s calm cool and collected. Police presence scares a lot of people. That’s what I see in Brian.
Yes, I know someone like that too. Men that are abusive towards others, especially women, and then calm down and collect themselves when police come over, are IMO not only evil men but also weak men and cowards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288