Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #62

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree completely. I've thought this since the beginning, couldn't tell you why though. I feel they knew before he showed up on the 1st. JMO

I really hope not. I tend not to think so, they surely would not allow such a monster to be around their grandchildren!!?

I really think BL must have spun his parents a sob story about Gabby dumping him, poor Brian, Gabby is horrible, Brian doesn't want to to talk about it.... 'cry, sad face, heartbroken bri'

There's no evidence otherwise as yet and it's too horrid to believe they knew the real story IMO Especially then letting him tag along to a family afternoon with Cassie and kids.

The most premeditated part of losing the evidence is BL coming home and vanishing to give his own body time to destroy ALL the evidence that Gabby fought for her life. All self preservation scratches, cuts and bruises that Gabby might have inflicted are vanished by time. So horribly sad.., IMO
Remember the picture of him in the neighborhood walking? He had what looked like a bandage on his arm? JMO
Gabby's fiance was 'in a hurry' when he was 'picked up as a hitchhiker'

Also, I don't remember this picture being this blurry.

I'm not sure. I believe it had to go through a legal thing as there is a time stamp in the upper right hand corner. . . but it's dated today and the PC was scheduled last evening for today.
Right, but the stamp in the top corner is a physical stamp that is placed by the clerk when the physical document is handed to them in person. Electronic stamps typically run either in the header or in one of the corners. I think they filed it by hand to keep it out of the media's hands until the coroner could hold the press conference. Hand filing it meant it wasn't immediately available online for review.

If I'm right in my understanding, sometimes a person who is on death row can go years, if not decades, whilst incarcerated if they keep appealing their sentence?

So sometimes it's feasible for a person to be imprisoned for a lengthy period of time but still face the death penalty?

The death penalty was abolished in the UK in 1965, but even back then I don't think we had the lengthy 'stays' of execution and appeals process like you guys have across the pond.

MOO
Look at Charles Manson. He was on death row and died in prison before he was executed.

Hmm, why would this department be filing charges?

https://www.wptv.com/news/state/pal...y-expects-murder-charges-in-gabby-petito-case

Palm Beach County State Attorney Dave Aronberg said that after Petito's cause of death was announced Tuesday, murder charges will be filed in this case, but the question is when.

"We're moving towards filing charges but prosecutors are in no rush to file charges because once you file those charges, you have speedy trial rules and you have to try the case within 180 days," Aronberg said. "So prosecutors are going to make sure they have enough evidence before they file charges."

Yes, I don’t get this either. I thought murder charges would be filed in the jurisdiction where the crime occurred. Strange.

I’ve said before that he reminds me very much of my ex (and his parents remind me of my ex in-laws). My ex is diagnosed with anti social personality disorders (ticks all the boxes for sociopathy) and would go for the throat when he was angry, and it was rarely anything to do with me. One time he was just angry that his favorite team didn’t advance in the playoffs and I said they could try again next year.

The thing about this sort of person is they seem completely blank expression wise, until they lose their minds. They can be completely seething inside and snap and you don’t know it’s coming. She didn’t have to be dumping him for him to snap, I highly doubt it was about that at all. I think he was worked up still about the restaurant issue and then she could have brought it up to start a discussion and he lost it.
But then he would've stopped. With the time that it takes for strangulation, he had to have wanted her dead.

It does not eliminate that at all. The coroner’s statement simply said
"Unfortunately this is only one of many deaths around the country of people who are involved with domestic violence, and it's unfortunate that these other deaths did not get as much coverage as this one," Blue said.

It does not say outright that Gabby died from DV. The DV episode was known before the autopsy.
BBM. I disagree, he was referring to other DV deaths, not incidents. I think he was indirectly saying she was killed by her domestic partner. MOO

Sad but not surprised to see Gabby was strangled. IMO you can't read anything legally into the report except that strangulation is often a personal crime, more likely to be committed by someone known to the victim. It's not like you get caught in a drive-by strangulation or a mass strangulation. But we will have to wait to see what the charges are to see what the feds think is appropriate based on the evidence.

If I'm right in my understanding, sometimes a person who is on death row can go years, if not decades, whilst incarcerated if they keep appealing their sentence?

So sometimes it's feasible for a person to be imprisoned for a lengthy period of time but still face the death penalty?

The death penalty was abolished in the UK in 1965, but even back then I don't think we had the lengthy 'stays' of execution and appeals process like you guys have across the pond.

MOO
This is why sometimes I question why not go for the death penalty rather than life in prison w/o parole in general population.

Death row inmates are in their cell for 23 hours a day. Those many years waiting to exhaust all their appeals must feel like several lifetimes locked up in confinement.

Yes possibly.
Are you thinking she was still alive when possibly dragged out or had already been murdered?
The cadaver dogs didn't alert in the van so I wonder how long does it take for a dead body to emit smell that can be picked up by the scent dogs?
Most sources say the body must be dead for 24-72 hours before it leaves a detectable trace but there are studies that say some dogs can alert on samples that were left only 2-3 hours after death. Dogs are not machines so I guess training, ability and conditions play a big part. The only thing that is clear is that a body could be transported or stored in a van for some period of hours after death without leaving a trace detectable by cadaver dogs.
This leaves open the possibility that Gabby was murdered in the van or even at some location outside the park (i.e., in Wyoming jurisdiction and not federal) and transported in the van to the spot near where she was found. (I keep thinking of the one witness who saw BL park in the spot when he was alone in the cab of the van.)

But then he would've stopped. With the time that it takes for strangulation, he had to have wanted her dead.

He couldn't stop. She had to die because otherwise, GP could have charged him. Not sure if it would have been classed as attempted murder but Imo, basically that's what it would have been even if BL had stopped himself.

Sad but not surprised to see Gabby was strangled. IMO you can't read anything legally into the report except that strangulation is often a personal crime, more likely to be committed by someone known to the victim. It's not like you get caught in a drive-by strangulation or a mass strangulation. But we will have to wait to see what the charges are to see what the feds think is appropriate based on the evidence.
Sheesh glad you're here now! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member