Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #62

Status
Not open for further replies.
It means he strangled her with his hands around her neck. There are likely finger impressions & possibly a broken hyoid.

Poor Gabby.

What report? In the new conference Dr. Blue wouldn't answer the question on how she strangled but suddenly every comment contains manual strangulation from a report???

He wasn’t in federal prison. The Fed carries out executions fairly quickly.
The federal government CAN carry out executions pretty fast, since there are FAR fewer appeal options. Whether they ACTUALLY DO carry them out is really a political issue depending on which administration is in place. Trump/Barr made it a priority and carried out quite a few. Biden has issued a moratorium now.

Since the body was found in the National Forest, the case COULD be prosecuted by the US Attorneys office, but it doesn't have to be. It could still be prosecuted by the Teton County Attorney's office. I am sure the county would prefer the Feds take it, but we will see. There are some questions about where the murder occurred vs just where the body was found.

That's not true. Even misdemeanors and violations that occur in Bridger-Teton and Grand Teton are by statute within the jurisdiction of the District of Wyoming. This is according to federal law. Plus, the FBI would not be leading the investigation if Teton County was investigating and prosecuting the homicide.

Violations In Yellowstone And Grand Teton National Parks And In Other Federal Enclaves

I'm changing the current subject here.

I've been trying to put together a "timeline" between the last time Gabby was seen to Brian arriving in North Port, FL. and here is what I have come up with. If I have any information wrong, please speak up. Some of the information is my opinion, some gotten from the WS posted timeline, and some from media articles that I have summarized/reduced for clarity (which I have not linked). Mods, delete if this is not o.k.

AUG 27 – Couple seen at Merry Piglets in Jackson for lunch between 1-2 where they have an argument. It is 28 miles and 38 minutes travel time from the restaurant to the Spread Creek Dispersed Camping (SCDC) area where Gabby's van is supposedly seen by YouTube bloggers between 6:00-6:30 p.m. First strange text message from Gabby’s phone sent to mom regarding Stan (at least LE knows what time this was!).

My timeframe starts at 3:00 p.m, Aug 27th (one hour after the last sighting of Gabby).

AUG 28 - No known information.

AUG 29 - BL hitch hiked and picked up twice. First by MB and then by NJ, who drops him off at the gate to SCDC area at 6:30 p.m. Note: per Google maps it is 2.4 miles from the gate to the van and a 50 minute walk +/-. Elk hunters spotted the van on this date. Gabby was due to meet up with her pal on Aug. 29 at Yellowstone and was supposed to call her that day — the friend’s birthday — to nail down specifics, the Sun reported., but the friend never heard from Petito.
AUG 30, Monday – last text from Gabby to her mom saying she had no phone service at Yosemite — a message that NS is convinced didn’t come from her daughter (glad LE knows what time this was!)

Now, I used Google maps to get BL home and here is the (estimated) math. I actually started at North Port and worked backwards because we know the van was caught on camera entering North Port at approximately 10:30 a.m. Sept 1.

Travel distance between Spread Creek and North Port, FL is 2,375 miles and 35 hours via Google maps.

Transit van holds 15.4 gallons of gas and gets 23 MPG, approximate, so a tank of gas will go 350 miles. 2,375 / 350 = 6.7 stops to fill up. 15 minutes per stop = 100 minutes or 1 hour and 45 minutes just stopping for gas.

Possible goes thru Benton, IL (Aug 31 Central Time) returning home via use of GP debit card for gas. 14 ½ hours from Benton (spotted there possibly) to North Port. Arrives North Port at 10:30 a.m. Eastern Time via webcam.

BL committed debit card fraud between Aug. 30, 2021 (Monday) and Sept. 1, 2021 (Wednesday).

I picked gas stops that seemed likely to me based on how far he could go on a tank. It shouldn't matter because I am calculating the time/date.

Monday, Aug 30 Need to add 1.75 hours just for getting gas (15 minutes per stop), now at 7:15 pm Mountain time at Spread Creek. Does not include food, potty, or rest breaks. In other words, Brian could not have left Spread Creek any later than to 7:15 pm Mountain time on August 30.

Aug 30 - Spread Creek Camping Area to Lander, WY is 137 miles and 2 ½ hours – Spread Creek at 8:30 pm Mountain time to Lander, WY at 11:00 pm
Aug 30 - Lander, WY to Cheyenne, WY is 272 miles and 4 hours – Lander, WY at 11:00 pm to Cheyenne, WY at 3:00 am
Tuesday, Aug 31 - Cheyenne, WY to Kearney, NE is 316 miles – Cheyenne, WY 3:00 am Mountain Time to Kearney, NE at 8:30 am Central time (4 ½ hours, lose an hour)
Aug 31 - Kearney, NE to Kansas City, MO is 325 miles – Kearney, NE at 8:30 am Central Time to Kansas City, MO at 1:30 p.m. (5 hours)
Aug 31 - Kansas City, MO to Benton, IL is 350 miles – Kansas City, MO at 1:30 pm Central Time and Benton, IL at 6:30 pm ( 5 hours)
Aug 31 - Benton, IL to Chattanooga, TN is 350 miles – Benton, IL at 6:30 p.m. Central Time and Chattanooga, TN at 12:30 a.m. Eastern Time (5 hours travel time, lose an hour)
Wednesday, Sept 1 - Chattanooga, TN to Valdosta, GA is 350 miles – Chattanooga, TN at 12:30 a.m. Eastern Time and Valdosta, Ga at 5:30 am Eastern Time (5 hours travel time)
Sept 1 - Valdosta, GA to North Port, FL is 310 miles - Valdosta, Ga at 5:30 am Eastern Time and North Port, FL at 10:30 a.m. (5 hours travel time)

So, IMO the death timeline window (gosh...I hate that I am even doing this) is from August 27th approximately 3P to August 30th 7P. I actually believe he left the morning of August 30th.

This is all just my opinion, speculation, etc. and nothing more.

EDITED TO READ: In other words, Brian could not have left Spread Creek any later than to 7:15 pm Mountain time on August 30.

Last edited:
If this has been posted/discussed, my apologies for bringing it up again.

His right arm and, for that matter, his right leg around the knee.

Including link to photo source.

Brian Laundrie's Sister Details Last Time She Saw Him During Camping Trip

I can't really see much on his knee, or maybe it's perhaps a shadow where the muscle is, but on his right arm there does seem to be two distinct finger marks on the upper forearm.

In a way the marks are similar to the ones people reported seeing on Gabby's arm when she was sat in the back of the police car at the Moab traffic stop.

As if someone had maybe grabbed his arm and where two fingers/finger tips were it left bruises.

JMO

Has anyone done a deep dive into BL's photos to see of how he looks with/without hair, beard, clean face, hats, wardrobe phases, etc? If he stumbles out from his bunker at any point it might be a good idea to memorize his various looks besides the most recent images. Jw
I noticed that in the photo I posted with the nephews he seems to be starting a beard. In one of the photos from the trip, he is relatively clean shaven. IMO, he looks different with the beard.

There campsite was in BRIDGER-TETON NATIONAL FOREST....it is not a National Park...for clarification. I don't know if that makes a difference regarding who's in charge or not.
16 U.S. Code § 480. Civil and criminal jurisdiction

The jurisdiction, both civil and criminal, over persons within national forests shall not be affected or changed by reason of their existence, except so far as the punishment of offenses against the United States therein is concerned; the intent and meaning of this provision being that the State wherein any such national forest is situated shall not, by reason of the establishment thereof, lose its jurisdiction, nor the inhabitants thereof their rights and privileges as citizens, or be absolved from their duties as citizens of the State.

(June 4, 1897, ch. 2, § 1, 30 Stat. 36; Mar. 1, 1911, ch. 186, § 12, 36 Stat. 963.)

16 U.S. Code § 480 - Civil and criminal jurisdiction

We might want to be careful about the picture of BL with his nephews. There's a possibility that the photos people are poring over are NOT from the latest De Soto trip. Apparently on the exclusive clip it says that one picture was provided by CL of that crucial trip. The one where he has the red T-Shirt tied around his head like a bandanna. He has on black shorts. This matches with that other De Soto photo from a different camping family that is making the rounds, with BL possibly in the background wearing similar attire of matching colours.

The two pictures with BL in flowered shorts and white T-shirt may possibly from a previous outing. And therefore would not be relevant to the case. Don't forget that CL said they were there for only a couple of hours. Why would he change both shorts AND top?

Last edited:
Those people couldn’t care less about Gabby. To them, she is merely the creature who brought all of this trouble down on them. IMO

Yes! He could have told them anything. Something along the lines of "you know how she gets, I just found her and you know they will blame me." Now for the L's not to make contact with GP (if they didn't know just to see if she's ok) and not have at least one phone call with her family (whether they knew or not) is going to be very difficult to explain if it ever goes to trial (BL's case or if they charge the parents with assisting BL or withholding info on the case). IMO.

He reminds me of my neighbor I’ve mentioned here a few times. He flies off the handle very easily and has been abusive to one’s around him. But when the law shows up (for other reasons) and he comes in contact, he’s calm cool and collected. Police presence scares a lot of people. That’s what I see in Brian.
IMO her panic/crying was because she knew it was gonna be really bad afterward...no matter what she tells the officers.
He triggered her ...
The punishing of locking her out /away from her things.
The vague threat of a “taking a break”..which could mean he’d leave her there.
And so now we know, he did leave her...he flew home.
Left her far from her home with a van she doesn’t want to drive.
Probably also left her in a begging panic ...cause IMO he set it up that way.
So where then does she go if she doesn’t make up with him?
She lives with him at his parents.
I bet he flew back to her ...rolling out a new set of rules.
Comply or its over. Eggshells.
The first misstep - he raged.

MOO

I'm not quite sure what you're saying, forgive me! Are you saying "manual strangulation" isn't something he asserted? Or are you saying it's off the table as in resolved?

I ask because the autopsy report says it's "manual strangulation/throttling." He may not have wanted to go into details in the press conference, but he did detail the specific method in the report. You might be saying this too, I just wasn't sure.

I'm quoting Dr. Blue at the press conference. I am thinking I missed where the autopsy report was released.

what date is on that photo, please?
B was back home on September 1.
How long could he have reasonably sustained visible injuries from 27-29 August? Maybe 5 days?

I think this depends on so many factors from the amount of pressure exerted to a person's skin type to how good their body is at healing.

From personal experience, I am extremely fair skinned and I bruise like a peach. The lightest of touch can leave a bruise on my skin, and I remember having a bruise once that was still visible about two weeks later.

I know others who don't really bruise, and if they do, the bruise is hardly noticeable after 3 or 4 days.

IME

I'm changing the current subject here.

I've been trying to put together a "timeline" between the last time Gabby was seen to Brian arriving in North Port, FL. and here is what I have come up with. If I have any information wrong, please speak up. Some of the information is my opinion, some gotten from the WS posted timeline, and some from media articles that I have summarized/reduced for clarity (which I have not linked). Mods, delete if this is not o.k.

AUG 27 – Couple seen at Merry Piglets in Jackson for lunch between 1-2 where they have an argument. It is 28 miles and 38 minutes travel time from the restaurant to the Spread Creek Dispersed Camping (SCDC) area where Gabby's van is supposedly seen by YouTube bloggers between 6:00-6:30 p.m. First strange text message from Gabby’s phone sent to mom regarding Stan (at least LE knows what time this was!).

My timeframe starts at 3:00 p.m, Aug 27th (one hour after the last sighting of Gabby).

AUG 28 - No known information.

AUG 29 - BL hitch hiked and picked up twice. First by MB and then by NJ, who drops him off at the gate to SCDC area at 6:30 p.m. Note: per Google maps it is 2.4 miles from the gate to the van and a 50 minute walk +/-. Elk hunters spotted the van on this date. Gabby was due to meet up with her pal on Aug. 29 at Yellowstone and was supposed to call her that day — the friend’s birthday — to nail down specifics, the Sun reported., but the friend never heard from Petito.
AUG 30, Monday – last text from Gabby to her mom saying she had no phone service at Yosemite — a message that NS is convinced didn’t come from her daughter (glad LE knows what time this was!)

Now, I used Google maps to get BL home and here is the (estimated) math. I actually started at North Port and worked backwards because we know the van was caught on camera entering North Port at approximately 10:30 a.m. Sept 1.

Travel distance between Spread Creek and North Port, FL is 2,375 miles and 35 hours via Google maps.

Transit van holds 15.4 gallons of gas and gets 23 MPG, approximate, so a tank of gas will go 350 miles. 2,375 / 350 = 6.7 stops to fill up. 15 minutes per stop = 100 minutes or 1 hour and 45 minutes just stopping for gas.

Possible goes thru Benton, IL (Aug 31 Central Time) returning home via use of GP debit card for gas. 14 ½ hours from Benton (spotted there possibly) to North Port. Arrives North Port at 10:30 a.m. Eastern Time via webcam.

BL committed debit card fraud between Aug. 30, 2021 (Monday) and Sept. 1, 2021 (Wednesday).

I picked gas stops that seemed likely to me based on how far he could go on a tank. It shouldn't matter because I am calculating the time/date.

Monday, Aug 30 Need to add 1.75 hours just for getting gas (15 minutes per stop), now at 7:15 pm Mountain time at Spread Creek. Does not include food, potty, or rest breaks. In other words, Brian could not have left Spread Creek prior to 7:15 pm Mountain time on August 30.

Aug 30 - Spread Creek Camping Area to Lander, WY is 137 miles and 2 ½ hours – Spread Creek at 8:30 pm Mountain time to Lander, WY at 11:00 pm
Aug 30 - Lander, WY to Cheyenne, WY is 272 miles and 4 hours – Lander, WY at 11:00 pm to Cheyenne, WY at 3:00 am
Tuesday, Aug 31 - Cheyenne, WY to Kearney, NE is 316 miles – Cheyenne, WY 3:00 am Mountain Time to Kearney, NE at 8:30 am Central time (4 ½ hours, lose an hour)
Aug 31 - Kearney, NE to Kansas City, MO is 325 miles – Kearney, NE at 8:30 am Central Time to Kansas City, MO at 1:30 p.m. (5 hours)
Aug 31 - Kansas City, MO to Benton, IL is 350 miles – Kansas City, MO at 1:30 pm Central Time and Benton, IL at 6:30 pm ( 5 hours)
Aug 31 - Benton, IL to Chattanooga, TN is 350 miles – Benton, IL at 6:30 p.m. Central Time and Chattanooga, TN at 12:30 a.m. Eastern Time (5 hours travel time, lose an hour)
Wednesday, Sept 1 - Chattanooga, TN to Valdosta, GA is 350 miles – Chattanooga, TN at 12:30 a.m. Eastern Time and Valdosta, Ga at 5:30 am Eastern Time (5 hours travel time)
Sept 1 - Valdosta, GA to North Port, FL is 310 miles - Valdosta, Ga at 5:30 am Eastern Time and North Port, FL at 10:30 a.m. (5 hours travel time)

So, IMO the death timeline window (gosh...I hate that I am even doing this) is from August 27th approximately 3P to August 30th 7P. I actually believe he left the morning of August 30th.

This is all just my opinion, speculation, etc. and nothing more.
You did a lot of work there! Well done.
Why can he not have left on the night of 29th tho'?

We have no verified evidence that they aren't being honest.

Legally, what is the definition of being "honest"? That Brian's parents have told the truth, THE WHOLE TRUTH, and nothing but the truth? Because being evasive to police (handing them a business card instead of talking, not allowing them to see inside the dwelling where Gabby lived for 2 years and not providing full answers without delay) is not the whole truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong