Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #62

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at this photo of her back from their SM. Does anyone besides me see bruises?

It's hard to tell if the neck has a bruise. The neck blotch has the same degree of shading as her shoulder blade below, and the blotch is generally where the hollow of the trapezius (sp?) muscle would be.
edited: missing a word

Last edited:
Definitely deep tissue bruising would still be healing 3 weeks later, and should be quit obvious. She would have had severe bruising, and possible skin breakage depending on how she was strangled. It might be very possible there were actual hand marks as bruises if she was strangled manually vs using a rope etc.
MOO the body doesn’t heal itself after death. It would just be damaged tissue, if the tissue was still there at all.

Lol here @Thinker22
Not really. The state does not lose jurisdiction merely because a crime was committed in a national forest. See US Code 16-480:

16 U.S. Code § 480. Civil and criminal jurisdiction
The jurisdiction, both civil and criminal, over persons within national forests shall not be affected or changed by reason of their existence, except so far as the punishment of offenses against the United States therein is concerned; the intent and meaning of this provision being that the State wherein any such national forest is situated shall not, by reason of the establishment thereof, lose its jurisdiction, nor the inhabitants thereof their rights and privileges as citizens, or be absolved from their duties as citizens of the State.

(June 4, 1897, ch. 2, § 1, 30 Stat. 36; Mar. 1, 1911, ch. 186, § 12, 36 Stat. 963.)
16 U.S. Code § 480 - Civil and criminal jurisdiction

Absolutely, if it can be proven it was intentional and not an error. As it stands, we do not have any facts to say it was one or the other. If the FBI does, they haven't shared it. Anything else is speculation.

They literally have one big thing to focus on in their world. Getting that info wrong wasn’t a mistake IMO. How do they make a mistake on the most important thing going on in their lives.

Pretty sure in the Moab video, Gabby stated they did not drink alcohol. I've only seen one sm pic that Gabby posted of herself referencing marijuana in a positive light....not judging....just stating... In my past experience with marijuana, you are never totally out of it unless it is laced w something. You can still manage pretty well.
As far as some other substance is concerned, I doubt they were using. Neither Gabby or BL seemed the type.

But, I think if it were possible, she fought back.

I'd say she fought back. Seems to be bruises on his arm ( this a SS from this video on ABC )

Brian-Laundrie-Fort-De-Soto-Camping-Photo-2.jpg

Brian Laundrie's sister urges him to 'come forward' amid nationwide search

I did not see any ax to grind, he was very patient with the redundant and sometimes unprofessional questions asked. I don’t disagree that he should not have said it, indirectly revealing his opinion on who killed her per the evidence he has seen. I think he was honestly answering that he wished that other deaths received attention. I don’t think he is wrong and if this ever goes to trial, which I highly doubt it ever does, the DA will be making a DV narrative every chance he gets leading up to trial. MOO

IMO

I think so too. It's just you never know what will be brought up on appeal down the road. Cases have been overturned years later by a simple sentence. Who knows, the comment might come into play if the coroner testifies and it could snowball. I know my mind is unnecessarily reeling way ahead LOL

Other than that, my "ax to grind" comment was about another subject he touched on. But I don't think I can mention it here. Just like he shouldn't have! IMO
MOO

Lacking all the FBI's evidence on this limited set i'd agree 100% likely he killed her. The video that captured the van near the scene she's either dead or was soon to be.

One thing i questioned from the get-go was the last celluar contact from his phone in middle of nowhere california. The number of hours to drive it was crazy. Van's at the scene on what the 28th? that's now 4 days minimum, even more if he had already killed her and left shortly after that couple caught the van on video. He arrived what 9/1 in Florida?

He was not in California. The California reference was because of the the text "No cell service in Yosemite" which was almost certainly a mis-type for Yellowstone.

WTH is right?? So weird to say he killed her while calming her down. My word, who needed to be calmed down? I would say the one doing the killing does/did.
Just the language is so misogynistic. She was killed Bc he needed her to calm down? That’s some victim blaming nonsense. “Gentlemen” don’t strangle their girlfriends. That article is infuriating. JMO.

Not sure that would seal the deal. Could go either way.
MOO.

I agree, I don't think convicting BL in Gabby's death is a slam dunk as some might think.

Strangulation does indicate premeditated as it does take more than a moment to kill someone in that manner. That typically indicates the victim knew their killer.

However, the lack of a weapon (other than hands) hinders tying BL with Gabby at her death.

If there were an eyewitness, we likely would have heard that by now.

What he has said or will say might prove vital in a conviction. It could just be a slip during interrogation.

My opinion

What "we" the public have is a boatload of circumstantial evidence and a glaring display of consciousness of guilt but he has no idea what direct evidence LE has. MOO

Him banking on that defense (which is a loser IMOO even as it stands now), would be a grave mistake. He needs to find out the state's evidence. And, that includes the autopsy and crime scene evidence. The van is likely a complete loss. MOO

Unless BL confesses it is unlikely there is any direct evidence.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Direct evidence is essentially a material fact that doesn't require inference: eye witness to the crime as it is occurring, confession to the crime from the suspect, or photographic/camera evidence of the crime as it is occurring. That's pretty much it.

There were no direct witnesses and there is no camera footage that we know of documenting the crime as it happened. It's doubtful that BL will confess if he is captured.

So, I think it's reasonable to assume that if the case goes to trial, the majority of the evidence presented will be circumstantial. Forensic crime scene evidence is circumstantial. So are GPS data and phone records and pings, and digital data such as the camera footage of the van at Spread Creek dispersal camp etc.

There's a really great explanation here:
https://askanydifference.com/difference-between-direct-and-circumstantial-evidence/

I pray his skin was under her fingernails along with his blood. MOO.
Would that be enough for a jury? Some girls like to scratch during sex and Brian could try to make that claim.

It would certainly add to the circumstantial evidence though.

I believe she was beaten and strangled and it wasn’t the first time …..
poor Gabby -I really hate this for her family. I hope his family is considering their future actions at this point because I firmly believe they assisted in getting him to where he is today..
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member