Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #62

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask Martha Stewart and Gen. Flynn if they only arrest you for lying to the FBI-in other words, they will send you to prison for just lying to them one time, if they want to.
Not sure but I think if you lie about a material fact and do not correct it, yes, it's a crime. jmo

Gabby Petito autopsy: Experts weigh in after coroner's 'manual strangulation' ruling
updated

Dr. Cyril Wecht spoke to Fox before the Teton County Coroner’s office released the official cause of death determination document, and was predicting at the time that Petito, 22, had died from manual strangulation.

Wecht, who said he has not seen the autopsy report, was critical of the lack of answers Blue was able to provide, but said investigators did "all the things that were necessary."

"They brought in experts, or the FBI did. Anthropology and radiology and entomology and toxicology, as well as, of course, the forensic pathology."

He added that entomology, toxicology have "nothing to do with strangulation."

Dr. Michael Baden told Fox News Digital the FBI’s decision to withhold Petito’s remains "very unusual."

"In 2021," said Baden, a Fox News contributor, "where anything of value can be document[ed], retained, tested on day one or two or three, there's no reason to keep the whole body from the family."

When reached by phone on Tuesday, he predicted that the coroner and law enforcement investigating the case "knew on day one when the autopsy was done that this was a strangulation and a homicide."

He added: "There was no reason that the body is still there."

Baden went on to say that while investigators might have been gathering additional information, "all that other information has more to do with who done it than what the cause of death was."

Baden said an issue that could potentially arise is that analysis of DNA likely "isn’t going to help here unless they found someone else’s DNA."

….

During his afternoon press conference, Blue confirmed that a toxicology report had been completed, but would not discuss the results. He also said Petito was not pregnant, but would not say whether her body had been moved. He also would not discuss at the time whether the strangulation was manual or involved a ligature.

Blue pointed to the ongoing investigation as preventing him from sharing much more information other than the cause and manner of death.

And, the other thing about strangulation is that the victim will become unconscious minutes before she dies, which means the murderer must continue to keep squeezing the life out of a completely limp person.

That's evil.
Yes, and it's First Degree Murder.
And this one has been called DV by some.
Domestic Violence...hmmm. Yes.

Sorry, I can't quote the actual post, but @Jmoose said:

I am not convinced that these two were even having sex at this point; they didn’t seem to be getting along, and BL seemed to have some pretty profound hygiene issues, which might make it unlikely.

BBM.

I've been absent for the forums for about a week and a half, but following MSM (which, until today, seemed to only be repeating non-information as new-news; bad for us following the case, but good for keeping the case at the forefront, I suppose.)
What have I missed -- what is meant by this?
I'm not sure if I've missed something; but if it's not something specifically relating to BL, I suspect they'd both have some sub-par hygienic practices living in those small quarters?
But this comment makes me think I've missed something overtly attributed to BL?

Two people apparently tried to confront Chris & Roberta Laundrie at their home just after 8:30pm, banging on the door repeatedly. One of them was shouting, “Come on, dirty Laundries,”“Come on, you guys like to strangle people,”“We’ll be back,”& “Speak up soon.” #BrianLaundrie
B7A91ED4-48DE-4517-BF11-9911D24366E8.jpeg AAC98670-B016-45F4-A08D-3B05D1859D1F.jpeg

https://twitter.com/steph_pagones/status/1448105944278257666?s=21

After they left, Chris Laundrie briefly stepped into the screened section twice, including one time when he appeared to lock the door. Minutes later, a vehicle honked its horn for several seconds as it passed the home. Police arrived shortly thereafter.

https://twitter.com/steph_pagones/status/1448105948665552965?s=21

There is one photo posted on July 26th on Gabby’s IG that has always haunted me…of BL holding GP in a foreboding unfortunate way.
I posted a while back a comparison between that very specific photo and one of JA doing the exact same to TA and it was removed so I will not post it again. But, alas, the science of the similarities continue to tell the truth…
Agreed, but not just that day. There assuredly were prior days and that day wasn’t the first, and sadly as we know now it also wasn’t the last.

I’m pretty shocked LE hasn’t found BL yet with all the media attention and reward money offered. If he’s not dead, he’s probably hiding deep into some woods. He probably scouted out the area on his way out of spread creek when he headed to Florida. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s located somewhere near the path he took home in the van. He knew he was going to have to run at some point. This was planned. IMO

Two people apparently tried to confront Chris & Roberta Laundrie at their home just after 8:30pm, banging on the door repeatedly. One of them was shouting, “Come on, dirty Laundries,”“Come on, you guys like to strangle people,”“We’ll be back,”& “Speak up soon.” #BrianLaundrie
View attachment 317128 View attachment 317129

After they left, Chris Laundrie briefly stepped into the screened section twice, including one time when he appeared to lock the door. Minutes later, a vehicle honked its horn for several seconds as it passed the home. Police arrived shortly thereafter.

Not good, people physically harassing them need to be arrested

Thank you, I didn't know this. I assume that in most situations there are only a few days between the two events, but some cases obviously have differing circumstances.

I hope the legal eagles have replied to you (I'm reading the thread now) but as far as I know there are only the two kinds of deadlines affecting the first steps of the judicial process -- the statute of limitations and the speedy trial aspect.

Statute of limitations means the length of time since the crime, after which a person can longer be charged with that crime. Example: if the statute of limitations for embezzlement, say, was 10 years (made up for purposes of example), then if an embezzler isn't found out/charged until 11 years after his crime, it's too late, the statute of limitations has expired, and they "get away with it". Murder doesn't have a statute of limitations so that's irrelevant for this case. A person can be tried for murder no matter how long ago the crime occurred.

The speedy trial aspect: If the investigators want months to complete their investigation before they have to be ready to go to trial, or, like with some murder cases, if the victim's body hasn't been found and they hope to find it and use any evidence it provides at trial, they want to charge and arraign the suspect as late as possible in order to have maximum investigation time.

At the same time, they want to get a dangerous person off the street, which is why you'll sometimes see someone charged, like BL is, with a lesser or white-collar crime just to get them off the street, and while the court process plays out for that lesser crime, the investigators can be building and making airtight their legal case for the more serious crime without worrying the suspect will flee or commit more crimes.

How'd I do, legals?

MOO

You did fine. Yes there is no SOL for murder.

One point - speedy trial jurisprudence is not as defendant friendly as one would think. The US Supreme Court has interpreted this amendment to death. I’m not sure if it even has legs anymore.

Long and short - it can constitutionally take years for a defendant to be tried. But given the vast amount of press this case has received - any sort of lengthy delay would have bad optics.

Last edited:
Or else what? Their daughter is dead. She died a horrible death. Those people remained silent and enabled their son to get away. Maybe it’s just me, but I’d want revenge.

Federal prosecution for starters, interference. The family seeking revenge could endanger others. Another member of the family ends up dead on the Laundries front lawn.

Last edited:
MOO, I can tell you that another #VanLife couple drove the same exact route even parking their van in the precise location as Gabby's. (They had to pull forward then back into the spot.) The right side of their van was maybe ten feet from the edge of the water in the creek.

It was a shock to learn their van's driver's side was that close to the creek bed. Then, as you know, it's about a five+ minute walk to the Crime Scene where Gabby was discovered.

The #VanLife couple exited their van and crossed the creek but were unsuccessful in locating the cross made of rocks. The temperatures were in the mid 30s, cloudy and rainy.

I can also tell you there are no showers available at Colter Bay as the #VanLife couple also drove there.

JMHO based on viewing recent #VanLife videos
Interesting! Where could he have showered? Motel? Miranda Baker said he looked CLEAN when she picked him up and that he said he had a tarp but did not seem equipped for a long hike. I wonder if he hitched the night of 27th and holed up in a motel..then hitched back to the van the 29th. jmo

Sorry, I can't quote the actual post, but @Jmoose said:

I am not convinced that these two were even having sex at this point; they didn’t seem to be getting along, and BL seemed to have some pretty profound hygiene issues, which might make it unlikely.

BBM.

I've been absent for the forums for about a week and a half, but following MSM (which, until today, seemed to only be repeating non-information as new-news; bad for us following the case, but good for keeping the case at the forefront, I suppose.)
What have I missed -- what is meant by this?
I'm not sure if I've missed something; but if it's not something specifically relating to BL, I suspect they'd both have some sub-par hygienic practices living in those small quarters?
But this comment makes me think I've missed something overtly attributed to BL?
I'm glad you asked because I've been wondering the same... so thank you.

Yep. That's why it's almost always considered 1st Degree Murder -- it's not like shooting someone in the head or stabbing someone in the heart. It takes strength, and it takes time.
Here is one detective's comment; there are several others:
-----------------------------------------------------
How long would it take for a person to die of strangulation?
7 Answers

Benjamin Bender, former Detective at St Louis Metropolitan Police (1994-2006)
Updated Sep 20, 2021 · Author has 1K answers and 6.6M answer views
In a fight if I were to hold you down and begin choking you it would take about a full minute for you to lose consciousness assuming your heart is pounding and breathing rapidly.

To kill the person you would have to continue to apply pressure sufficient to strangulate for about 4–5 min in order to ensure death…probably longer in some cases.
------------------------
How long would it take for a person to die of strangulation? - Quora
------------------------

Precisely.
Interesting, too, that this never dawned on me until I heard Nancy Grace (I know, communal groan) interviewed on CNN today where she made mention that the time that the takes for someone to strangle someone is enough time to constitute premeditation because of how non-instantaneous it is.
She's not my most favourite personality to weigh in, but this thought resonated with me all day.

Oct. 12, 2021 Gabby Petito's autopsy report

Where things stand now in the search: Attention turned toward the Carlton nature preserve, where authorities combed through swampland filled with snakes and alligators, utilizing drones, dive teams and bloodhounds.
After more than a week of searching for Laundrie, the FBI went back to his parents, asking for personal items of his to assist with DNA matching. They provided what they could, Bertolino, the Laundries' lawyer, told multiple news outlets.
Laundrie's father has participated in a search of the nature reserve for him, but he has no plans to assist in police searches, and the couple will not take a polygraph test, Bertolino said.

View attachment 317128 View attachment 317129

IMO - This does nothing toward justice. It is plain and simple harassment.

Precisely.
Interesting, too, that this never dawned on me until I heard Nancy Grace (I know, communal groan) interviewed on CNN today where she made mention that the time that the takes for someone to strangle someone is enough time to constitute premeditation because of how non-instantaneous it is.
She's not my most favourite personality to weigh in, but this thought resonated with me all day.

I agree with that viewpoint of strangulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member