Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only evidence was the mustang...and that's not evidence of him parking it there. But why the weeks-long search? Maybe they thought he dumped stuff there or that he dumped stuff there PREVIOUSLY, during his 17th to 23rd hiatus? What was this "intelligence" of which they spoke? jmo

I really hope they have more evidence than his car was parked there. Anyone could have driven it there.
.............So much for "rule of law"............or, civic obligation, for that matter. Or just common decency. UGH. jmo

I wouldn't want a son living in my house if he killed someone so violently. No way! I'd want him to seek help and by confessing to the FBI. Accountability.
This is NOT a bar fight and BL strangled a big burly biker in self-defense. He's a creepy little coward. A woman killer.

Peaceful protesting isn't terrorizing, but LE would arrest them if they crossed that line, wouldn't they?
Didn't they fine & remove the bullhorn couplke? So far no other signs of violence, or did I miss something new?

To terrorize is to create and maintain a state of extreme fear and distress in someone. I don't think they are peaceful or really protesting. They are seeking attention, and placing themselves in the business of others, where they do not belong.
imo... of course

He didn’t really give any new info during his interview. He said someone with thumbs strangled her. We all knew that. Manual strangulation means hands were used. This is common sense to make the stretch that the hands had thumbs. We need to stop looking for things to be mad at the coroner over moo.

I didn’t see the media report so thank you for sharing that. I wonder what his motivation was in being there if he didn’t provide any new information. Puzzling to me.

I know folks won't agree with me here, however IMHO I think the situation at the Merry Piglets let Gabby see B in a new light. He was now acting this way in public that she had only seen in private before. I think this may have been her last straw with him and she may have tried to break it off/end the relationship. I know folks don't agree with this because this would have ended her van life dream and all, but this is just my opinion. Her breaking off the relationship may have led to the final outcome here. I don't mean that as a blame thing, just the steps that led up to it. IMHO.

RBBM. I agree with you.

To terrorize is to create and maintain a state of extreme fear and distress in someone. I don't think they are peaceful or really protesting. They are seeking attention, and placing themselves in the business of others, where they do not belong.
imo... of course

I'll l have to take a look, after they removed the bullhorn protestors it seems to be well within the law.

Their reticence is unfortunate but i do not fault them because:
1) they have a right to remain silent
2) presumption of innocence, which is being violated left and right
3) I go to 930 mass every Sunday with my family - and I can tell ya right now I would do the exact same thing as CL & RL if it were my kid -- I don't believe anyone with children would say otherwise
Mom of 4, if my child committed murder I would hire the best defense atty out there, negotiate their surrender, negotiate the best plea available. I would not actively shield/hide them. I would answer phone calls/contact the worried family, not remain silent at the expense of the possible safety of another person.

Has there been any talk or speculation that BL may possibly be somewhere for psychological eval/ substance rehab or anything of the sort?

Yes, many of us offered this theory very early on, but mental health discussion is not allowed. See page 1 of every thread. Copied from page 1 below.

Mod Note:

We are starting to lose focus that this thread is about Gabby and the current search for Brian.

Mental Health: Only bring it into the discussion if it is a statement in media or LE reports. Do not expand beyond what has been provided to us regarding Gabby and/or Brian and mental Health.

I've said it before, these people flip houses and have a juicing company. They do not have the resources, finances, or connections ala the mafia, to develop and support a master "getaway" / "stay away" plan that would be able to evade the FBI for weeks on end.

Supposedly several thousand dollars in the Florida Keys will get you a private boat ride to Cuba (AKA “Smugglers Blues”)?

We don't know how they were positioned or placed. So many possibilities: she placed them there before, killer placed, investigators placed, wildlife scatter, etc
Good point. I just figured the tent scenario fit the best for what I was thinking. Makes sense to me anyway. MOO

I have a question for those of you familiar with physical DV. Gabby claimed to have hit Brian first during their scuffle and also said she hit him when the police pulled them over. She also said Brian did not hit her but grabbed her face and pushed her back. She was very clear that Brian was wanting her to calm down. I believe her.

Is it normal for victims of long term DV to initiate violence with the one they fear? Or is it more likely that Brian's violence was new? I have no experience with DV and this is an honest question.

To be clear, I in no way put any blame on Gabby. I'm just trying to understand as I find this confusing.
Hypothetical scenario:
Woman beat down for years in front of her children. Woman never fights back. She fears if she does in front of children - children will become victims. Finally, one day after a severe beat down the night before, woman believes children out of house. Man wakes up and walks in room. Woman, finally alone and releasing instincts - pulls a knife out of the drawer - points it at him declaring she’ll kill him if he ever hurts her again. Woman and man hear a gasp and look around. Child standing there telling woman she is proud of her for finally fighting back. Man doesn’t hit woman again.

Hypothetical:
Woman is desperate to stop man from ever hurting another of her children, thinking about it all night, pulls knife out of drawer as he walks in. He comes toward her again in familiar stance. She’s not gonna let him hurt her again. She lunges at man and stabs him. She is arrested. Children alone with man.

*there isn’t a one size fit all answer…there are so many directions this could go…

Ita.
What you're describing sounds like torturing Gabby. :mad:
My coworkers' ex-husband would do that, and then say (paraphrased), "Look at what you're making me do. Do you realize how crazy you sound ?"
MOO.

According to my ex, it was always my fault. Mental and emotional violence as well as physical violence takes it’s toll. After he apologized, bought flowers or sexy lingerie, he demanded and forced sex. Horrible IPV.

respectfully disagree Barbie. My goodness aren’t I entitled to my own opinions? Sorry if that sounds argumentative but I do bristle at the thought that someone would tell me that I can’t judge and what my opinion would be if I saw both. You have no idea how I think so please don’t presume to. Peace
But how can anyone make a judgement without seeing the information?

at the moment the "general public" is starting to become a problem in its own right.
As yet, no one has been arrested for breaking any law. Making the parents uncomfortable isn't illegal. Not saying I agree with all that commotion going on outside their house. I wouldn't do it myself. They have an opportunity every single minute of the day to do something different to help change public perception. If the law is broken by the people outside, that is different. That isn't a "general public" issue at that point, its an issue for LE to handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard