Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically you are just saying you think your way is more acceptable. That's fine. That's how people think most of the time. It human nature. I did just type that very thing out.

I wouldn't be out there in the street screaming and yelling. Or waiting for one of them to come outside to harass them. But not everyone feels that way. I accept that I get to decide what I do and they get to decide what they do. If laws are broken....by anyone....LE will handle it. Its not up to anyone else to decide what opinion or expression of their opinion is okay as long as no law is broken. Live and let live and all that. Its a horrible nightmare of a situation that I wouldn't wish on anyone. There is only one resolution. Find BL.
I agree with you - but I do not think finding BL will make life easier for them. It may become slightly easier if he is found deceased.

Protesters confront Brian Laundrie’s parents after Gabby Petito autopsy update - live

LIVE Updates

Former FBI agent says paint marks at site where Gabby Petito is found likely unrelated to investigation
A former FBI agent said the paint marks seen at the site where Gabby Petito’s body was found are likely unrelated to the investigation.

Some have theorized that the paint splotches found on some logs and trees at the site may have been meant to mark bullet holes, but it does not appear to be true.

Gabby Petito’s parents fly to Wyoming to collect daughter’s remains
Gabby Petito’s parents will travel to Wyoming today to collect their daughter’s remains.

Ms Petito’s body has been held by the FBI and Teton County Coroner Dr Brent Blue since it was discovered in the Bridger-Teton National Forest on 19 September.

The woman’s remains were moved to a mortuary yesterday, where they will be transferred to her parents.

I am guessing you are right about the CT scan showing at least microfractures in the cervical vertebrae. And of course the fracture of the hyoid bone and perhaps cartilage tears were visible to the eye.

Sadly, I think most of the soft tissue was gone - so the telling petechial hemorrhages would not be visible in the eyes or lungs (or other places). Still, I am optimistic since the weather is so dry that the underside of the body would have preserved some of that evidence - all of it pointing to manual strangulation. While no one can say. exactly how large the hands of the strangler are, a good forensic study should give a range and I am certain Brian will fall within that range. It's also possible that some bruising was visible on parts of the body. Bones were not scattered. The news of a blanket being involved is huge (it will be a blanket from their van...it will have both Gabby's and Brian's DNA on it, no one else's except perhaps a Laundrie family member who might have touched it). That blanket may have preserved more forensic material than I originally thought.

The reason for no MRI is as you state - it's for soft tissue analysis. That probably wasn't available.

Thank you for all the citations.
If soft tissue was mostly gone, would enough blood be left to determine pregnancy? I asked that this morning, I am really curious how pregnancy is determined in a cadaver 3-4 weeks old, having been exposed to daily heat&cold, rain, wind, insects, birds, etc. and possibly ravaged by larger animals. (Although it doesn't appear any large predators were present in this case, from what we know so far).

It looks to me like it's black at the very front and white right behind that. But maybe it's the lighting on my end.
I think that is just the lighting in that picture. The ones Gabby posted on thedyrt show the tent as white and orange.
Unless the floor of the tent is black. Have never seen a tent that looks exactly like that

If BL and GP camped at the spot that she died, did he then after killing her pack up the tent and any other camping equipment? IMO this would be so cold and callous, he didn’t want to leave the camping gear but he could leave gabby. MOO

In this scenario, my opinion is yes. He packed up everything he could carry and disposed of it bit by bit on his wilderness hike to colter bay. Hence empty looking pack spotted by MB of tik tok

jmo

Last edited:
Being upset is not an excuse to behave like children. There are countless murders and missing persons cases daily. This one has been latched onto by a larger than usual online community and people are taking it too far. Yes, at the moment LE is not arresting (many) people. I am not FL LE, so I don't know why, but I suspect because it's more trouble than it's worth (for many reasons).

Whatever their rationale for limiting arrests, people who know nothing of the internal conversations between LE and the Laundrie family are driving long distances to make themselves part of something they've seen online - something that has nothing to do with them.

It's fine (I guess) that we engage in "sleuthing" on this site. I've been here for a long time. I think when we (and/or the Twitterverse) suddenly feel obliged to stick ourselves directly into the story, we have crossed a line.
We are allowed to sleuth msm; or no one would be here learning and discovering what makes people tick -- and how criminals are caught. ;)
Twitter-verse is also going to sleuth and investigate and hopefully a clue can be found here, there, or elsewhere.
Nothing wrong with T.witter or other platforms, that bring facts to light.
Any help in bringing in the violent felon who killed Gabby is much appreciated.

And hopefully someone in particular will be apprehended soon !
I think we all can agree about that. :)

All the Laundrie family had to do was to cooperate with the Petito's and with LE by bringing Brian in for questioning or at the very least allow the LE who showed up at their door to speak with Brian.
Instead we have a man on the run from the law and no answers for the Petito's outside of knowing that she died a violent and horrific death that may have spanned 5 minutes or more.
In no civilized and compassionate universe is this acceptable.

As far as the interested and concerned people who are making the Laundries mildly uncomfortable -- this cannot be compared to losing your child, your babygirl, to outright murder.
Concerned as in wanting justice for a murdered young lady.
They will tire of this and go back to their lives soon enough; regardless --- many will not stop being worried about where BL is and if anyone else is in danger ?
I'm sensing compassion and sympathy for the Petito family who are still without answers as to why ?

There is no way to mitigate what BL has been charged with.
As of now it's only theft.
But LE have not said for the general public in the area Gabby was found to be on the lookout for a random violent offender.
Because the violent offender drove home and then apparently went on a camping outing with his family, knowing that Gabby was laying dead in the wilderness and exposed to the elements.
Imo.

Last edited:
Ultimately, what does it matter? The document filed first said manual strangulation. Surely he operated within the laws binding his position when he signed and filed that form. I don’t doubt he was authorized to say what he said, but even if he wasn’t, it doesn’t change anything. Sometimes you have to just let things go.

Then why did he refuse to say that at his press conference? Why were his answers about limitations from WY statutes then but not on CNN?

I agree (as you put it) "sometimes you have to just let things go." Although I haven't said so I've thought that about a few issues that are constantly rehashed here. One difference though is Blue's two media appearances were yesterday, not last month or the month before.
JMO

"adversity introduces a man to himself" - having been on the literal front line. of hurricane sandy I can vouch for that quote.

Point being, God Forbid such a moment ever came, no one here can truthfully say what they would or would not do until the thing actually happens

I actually agree with this. I have said before that I would follow my attorney's advice and remain silent if instructed to do so. The parents may very well be complicit in this to some degree, and were instructed very early on to not speak to or respond to anyone. I have nothing but empathy for Gabby's incredible family and find myself deeply frustrated that they were not given any support or answers from the Laundrie family early on. That said, I also understand that they may simply be following their attorney's instruction.

MOO.

Does anyone else think this means they got fingerprints (thumbprints)??
No. I think he was explaining why the killer was human. I think it has to do with pressure points that thumbs can make and the damage they can cause. I do think that there may have been deep tissue damage visible but I do not think that the body, being open to the elements for 3 or more weeks, would have been in suitable condition for fingerprints to be lifted from the body.

So they appease the general public and leave themselves open to legal liability? What business is it of the general public anyway. Seriously, this is like the baying mobs in medieval times.
They arent appeasing anyone. If no law is broken, they will not intervene. They opened themselves up to this by their actions. There is no legal liability to making a statement through the lawyer. Or answering a phone call from her hysterical parents. Every action and move they have made is why those people are there.

As I have said now more than once, its not what I would do and I don't agree with it. If I lived next to them I would lose my mind. But I will absolutely stand up for the right of people to have an opinion opposed to mine and to protest or to make that opinion known. Just like online. So long as its not breaking any laws, its got to be allowed.

There are degrees, my friend they are only the same in the police stopped them. They did all they could legally do in the Moab situation, not so in JD's case.

What exactly were the Moab officers supposed to legally do?

Correctly arrest BL for DV and send Gabby to a woman's shelter for professional help and guidance.

I am guessing you are right about the CT scan showing at least microfractures in the cervical vertebrae. And of course the fracture of the hyoid bone and perhaps cartilage tears were visible to the eye.

Sadly, I think most of the soft tissue was gone - so the telling petechial hemorrhages would not be visible in the eyes or lungs (or other places). Still, I am optimistic since the weather is so dry that the underside of the body would have preserved some of that evidence - all of it pointing to manual strangulation. While no one can say. exactly how large the hands of the strangler are, a good forensic study should give a range and I am certain Brian will fall within that range. It's also possible that some bruising was visible on parts of the body. Bones were not scattered. The news of a blanket being involved is huge (it will be a blanket from their van...it will have both Gabby's and Brian's DNA on it, no one else's except perhaps a Laundrie family member who might have touched it). That blanket may have preserved more forensic material than I originally thought.

The reason for no MRI is as you state - it's for soft tissue analysis. That probably wasn't available.

Thank you for all the citations.

I miss a blanket involved. Has more information come out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow