Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
This site allows for sleuthing msm; or no one would be here learning and discovering what makes people tick -- and how criminals are caught. ;)
Twitterverse is also going to sleuth and investigate and hopefully a clue can be found here, there, or elsewhere.
Nothing wrong with Twitter or other platforms that bring facts to light.
Any help in bringing in the violent felon who killed Gabby is much appreciated.
And hopefully someone in particular will be apprehended soon !
I think we all can agree about that. :)

All the Laundrie family had to do was to cooperate with the Petito's and with LE by bringing Brian in for questioning or at the very least allow the LE who showed up at their door to speak with Brian.
Instead we have a man on the run from the law and no answers for the Petito's outside of knowing that she died a violent and horrific death that may have spanned 5 minutes or more.
In no civilized and compassionate universe is this acceptable.

As far as the interested and concerned people who are making the Laundries mildly uncomfortable -- this cannot be compared to losing your child, your babygirl, to outright murder.
Concerned as in wanting justice for a murdered young lady.
They will tire of this and go back to their lives soon enough.

There is no way to mitigate what BL has been charged with.
As of now it's only theft.
But LE have not said for the general public in the area Gabby was found to be on the lookout for a random violent offender.
Because the violent offender drove home and then apparently went on a camping outing with his family, knowing that gabby was laying dead in the wilderness and exposed to the elements.
Imo.

I think it's fine to sleuth online (obviously.) I think it's inappropriate to insert ourselves directly into the event unfolding. There are many reasons for this, but the primary one is the one we all learn repeatedly on this forum and elsewhere (at least, we should learn). There is A LOT of information we sleuthers do not have. There is much about the conversations with the Laundrie family and LE that we have not been told about. We make A LOT of assumption on here. We make assumptions based on emotions, on our own experiences, on things we have read or have seen in the past. In the confines of an online conversation (with boundaries imposed by the medium), we can engage in the crime in a way that does little to no harm. But when we show up at the door of the people we are discussing, we are no longer acting rationally. Neither of us know if LE told the Laundries to clam up. Neither of us know the circumstances involved early on. And none of us here know for certain the particulars of the murder itself. We are making assumptions. All fine and good online. Very, very dangerous and foolish to do so in person.

Protesters confront Brian Laundrie’s parents after Gabby Petito autopsy update - live

LIVE Updates

Former FBI agent says paint marks at site where Gabby Petito is found likely unrelated to investigation
A former FBI agent said the paint marks seen at the site where Gabby Petito’s body was found are likely unrelated to the investigation.

Some have theorized that the paint splotches found on some logs and trees at the site may have been meant to mark bullet holes, but it does not appear to be true.

Gabby Petito’s parents fly to Wyoming to collect daughter’s remains
Gabby Petito’s parents will travel to Wyoming today to collect their daughter’s remains.

Ms Petito’s body has been held by the FBI and Teton County Coroner Dr Brent Blue since it was discovered in the Bridger-Teton National Forest on 19 September.

The woman’s remains were moved to a mortuary yesterday, where they will be transferred to her parents.

The journalists on the scene reported that paint was wet when they entered.

Some of what’s maddening in this case is that someone DID call the police when they observed Gabby and BL fighting. A citizen took the time to do that, which often doesn’t happen, police were alerted and she was still killed. I absolutely applaud the citizen who called and told 911 he was witnessing BL hit her because so many people do just ignore and we should encourage people to report without any repercussions. JMO.

2 CITIZENS! I can't fathom that people thought it was bad enough yet the police could not sense the urgency.

This site allows for sleuthing msm; or no one would be here learning and discovering what makes people tick -- and how criminals are caught. ;)
Twitterverse is also going to sleuth and investigate and hopefully a clue can be found here, there, or elsewhere.
Nothing wrong with Twitter or other platforms that bring facts to light.
Any help in bringing in the violent felon who killed Gabby is much appreciated.
And hopefully someone in particular will be apprehended soon !
I think we all can agree about that. :)

All the Laundrie family had to do was to cooperate with the Petito's and with LE by bringing Brian in for questioning or at the very least allow the LE who showed up at their door to speak with Brian.
Instead we have a man on the run from the law and no answers for the Petito's outside of knowing that she died a violent and horrific death that may have spanned 5 minutes or more.
In no civilized and compassionate universe is this acceptable.

As far as the interested and concerned people who are making the Laundries mildly uncomfortable -- this cannot be compared to losing your child, your babygirl, to outright murder.
Concerned as in wanting justice for a murdered young lady.
They will tire of this and go back to their lives soon enough.

There is no way to mitigate what BL has been charged with.
As of now it's only theft.
But LE have not said for the general public in the area Gabby was found to be on the lookout for a random violent offender.
Because the violent offender drove home and then apparently went on a camping outing with his family, knowing that gabby was laying dead in the wilderness and exposed to the elements.
Imo.

BBM

Neither is vigilante justice.

Edited to fix abbreviation.

Last edited:
I think it's fine to sleuth online (obviously.) I think it's inappropriate to insert ourselves directly into the event unfolding. There are many reasons for this, but the primary one is the one we all learn repeatedly on this forum and elsewhere (at least, we should learn). There is A LOT of information we sleuthers do not have. There is much about the conversations with the Laundrie family and LE that we have not been told about. We make A LOT of assumption on here. We make assumptions based on emotions, on our own experiences, on things we have read or have seen in the past. In the confines of an online conversation (with boundaries imposed by the medium), we can engage in the crime in a way that does little to no harm. But when we show up at the door of the people we are discussing, we are no longer acting rationally. Neither of us know if LE told the Laundries to clam up. Neither of us know the circumstances involved early on. And none of us here know for certain the particulars of the murder itself. We are making assumptions. All fine and good online. Very, very dangerous and foolish to do so in person.

Very well said

But legal - I wouldn't do it - I personally think it is a bit much, but they aren't breaking any laws.

I agree with you - but I do not think finding BL will make life easier for them. It may become slightly easier if he is found deceased.
I really think that once he is found, dead or alive, this will all die down pretty quickly. That's just how it is here. Nothing stays big news for long. On to the next. People are just appalled at how this family has behaved from the start. They have made themselves appear guilty and uncaring. Their lawyer has only made them appear worse. I definitely wouldn't want to be in their shoes right now. However, if it was my daughter, you bet I would want that pressure on the other family. They just dig themselves deeper with every move. We all agree more when the opinion resembles our own. Not that opinions help either way. Its just a very bad situation all around.

But legal - I wouldn't do it - I personally think it is a bit much, but they aren't breaking any laws.
It is borderline legal at best, and clearly some have overstepped the line. The point is it is ignorant and foolish, and these are people that need to separate the things that entertain them online with how they conduct themselves in real life.

thats so odd because I literally heard him answer a question from Elieen Lehpamer at the 17:15 mark ...where he states he couldn't confirm if it was manual strangulation or with a ligature...so why did he say that to Anderson Cooper?

Because the report was later released to CNN through FOIA. The report stated strangulation/throttling. No reason to deny it after it was released.

I am not seeing where this Coroner did anything wrong. And I think it is counter productive to insinuate that he did.

Surely the farm owners would have contacted the FBI by now. Unless I suppose he is there under a very successful false identity.

You'd think so, but...possibly not. The farming communes around Portland include some fairly cult-like groups (okay, I'll go out on a professional limb here and say that several absolutely meet the definition of a cult...they do not turn on their members and they adopt people very quickly; Twelve Tribes is the most famous, but there are others).

If Brian joined under a false identity, took a new name in a membership ritual, and keeps his head down...I do wonder how long he could hide out. The area is, from my point of view, somewhat lawless.

IMO, the release of the Cause of Death in a homicide prior to apprehension of the perpetrator was unexpected and puzzling.

Perhaps authorities have evidence that BL is no longer alive.

Where I live, it happens regularly. A body was found recently, victim of a hit and run (blunt force trauma). Took a while to ID the victim, but in the meantime, the information about approximate age, sex and cause of death was public. LE wanted people to look for a vehicle, as well.

A man barricaded himself in a house about a quarter mile from me, and eventually shot himself. Coroner responded that same day with a brief statement that the man was dead of a gunshot wound, thought to be self-inflicted. I think the entire neighborhood would have been shocked if it had not been confirmed right away. This was despite the fact that it was obviously painful for the man's family to hear.

NO it isn't there are 2 US states that it isn't actually illegal
'
But isn't murder illegal in all 50 states and all the US territories? A specific statute isn't needed just for strangulation - I'm not sure if California has one.

Killing someone is illegal, in other words, but most states don't have statutes about every single way that a person can be killed.

Does anyone else think this means they got fingerprints (thumbprints)??

No. Sadly, IMO there were no fingerprints on her body. 3 weeks had passed, etc.

I don't know that anyone from WS is going to the laundries (?) so how would it be our fault?

Protesting, in other words, is protected by the constitution. If you missed it, take a look back at the true circus in about 2005, held on the lawn of the Terri Shiavo HOSPICE, complete with jugglers, ppl with bullhorns, etc. On the lawn of a small facility where people were literally dying. And the protestors went right up to the doors of where Mr. Shiavo lived with his family, including small children. Take a look at any street corner in a big city where some guy is offensively, loudly proselytizing, maybe right in front of your own store... all day long. Take a look at all the demonstrations regarding how a pandemic is being dealt with. Fact of the matter is that maybe except for the corner proselytizer, these people would all disappear if the media presence was eliminated. But the media definitely have constitutional rights, too.

I have no sympathy for the Laundries, but I do for the neighbors, except guess what....some of the neighbors have sold access to their property to the media. So, should THEIR neighbors be mad at that neighbor who is profiting? If I were a neighbor, I'd rightly, IMO, blame the Laundries. I still wonder what they did with Gabby's poster....burn it or just toss it in the garbage.

IMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads