AZ AZ - Daniel Robinson, 24, remote job site, Buckeye, 23 Jun 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the Instagram of the young woman K..... Can I post it here? or not allowed?

I’ve been following this case for a while and hope the romance rebuff is a new clue. I see it’s been redacted in the report so it could be a sign police are investigating the K...... situation in particular

Edited by me to approximate TOS.

As this person has NOT been named a Person of Interest by LE, TOS indicates we use initials ONLY.

Sometimes posters form a private Conversation group to discuss material not allowed on the main threads.

Consider editing your post or clicking Report & asking a Moderator to change to the initial apparently used by LE.

Thank you!

jmho ymmv lrr

Updating from the police report
https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/21080582/robinson-report-9-23-21.pdf

The meeting with KE at the job site on the morning of 23 June 2021.

Page 4 KE advises DR arrived at the site at around 0900 and that it was raining.
Page 13 KE clarifies that they drove out to the job site together in their separate vehicles and they got to the job site at approx. 0930 hrs.
MOO: They both sit in KE’s vehicle waiting for weather? (see page 23 “…waiting for a storm cell to pass…”)
Page 13 DR asks KE if he wants to abandon the job**. While KE checks a weather app on his phone DR goes back to his vehicle, leaves the site and is last seen on the road driving South approx 0945 hrs.

** According to KE, the phrase was either ‘Do you want to go back to Phoenix?’ (Page 13) or
‘Do you want to go to Phoenix to rest?’ (Page 23)
MOO: I interpret this as DR asking KE if he wants to abandon the job. If we could know more about the work each of them was there to do, we might understand more clearly the circumstances of the ending of the meeting.

** According to KE, the phrase was either ‘Do you want to go back to Phoenix?’ (Page 13) or
‘Do you want to go to Phoenix to rest?’ (Page 23)
MOO: I interpret this as DR asking KE if he wants to abandon the job. If we could know more about the work each of them was there to do, we might understand more clearly the circumstances of the ending of the meeting.
Missing geologist Daniel Robinson sent a desperate text to woman he barely knew before he vanished | Daily Mail Online

Everything we know about missing geologist Daniel Robinson

Details of the coworker & Daniel’s meeting as described in the police report and news articles:

weather
•It was an abnormally cool and rainy day for the area.
•rainy, looked like more rain was coming
•check weather app
•it had rained that day

Job
•Daniel met up with pump technician Ken Elliott who he had never met before and they were to work on a deep well.
•The pair had met for the first time that morning to assess a remote drill site in the Arizona desert.
•KE worked for a different company than Daniel (but the two companies worked along side each other)

Behavior
•Elliott told police that Robinson 'was saying things that did not make sense,' such as asking if he wanted to go with him to Phoenix to rest.
•Elliott told Daniel he had work to do, but just 15 minutes after he arrived, Robinson abruptly left without a word.
•coworker stated Daniel was talking about topics unrelated to the work the two were there to do like asking the coworker if he wanted to go to Phoenix to rest

By the information that’s been shared, I feel like the odd conversation the coworkers had including when DR asks KE if he wanted to go to Phoenix to rest, and DR abruptly leaving the job site had nothing to do with the actual job (task) the two needed to complete that morning.
JMO
This was the first time the two coworkers met each other. For KE to feel Daniel’s behavior was odd (not having any knowledge of how Daniel normally acts/his personality) enough to take note of it, call his employer with his concern, and to go looking for Daniel later on that day says a lot to me.

Missing geologist Daniel Robinson sent a desperate text to woman he barely knew before he vanished | Daily Mail Online

Everything we know about missing geologist Daniel Robinson

Details of the coworker & Daniel’s meeting as described in the police report and news articles:

weather
•It was an abnormally cool and rainy day for the area.
•rainy, looked like more rain was coming
•check weather app
•it had rained that day

Job
•Daniel met up with pump technician Ken Elliott who he had never met before and they were to work on a deep well.
•The pair had met for the first time that morning to assess a remote drill site in the Arizona desert.
•KE worked for a different company than Daniel (but the two companies worked along side each other)

Behavior
•Elliott told police that Robinson 'was saying things that did not make sense,' such as asking if he wanted to go with him to Phoenix to rest.
•Elliott told Daniel he had work to do, but just 15 minutes after he arrived, Robinson abruptly left without a word.
•coworker stated Daniel was talking about topics unrelated to the work the two were there to do like asking the coworker if he wanted to go to Phoenix to rest

By the information that’s been shared, I feel like the odd conversation the coworkers had including when DR asks KE if he wanted to go to Phoenix to rest, and DR abruptly leaving the job site had nothing to do with the actual job (task) the two needed to complete that morning.
JMO
This was the first time the two coworkers met each other. For KE to feel Daniel’s behavior was odd (not having any knowledge of how Daniel normally acts/his personality) enough to take note of it, call his employer with his concern, and to go looking for Daniel later on that day says a lot to me.
I note that KE's version of events varies between pages 4, 13 and 23 of the police report. KE had never met DR before yet comes to some behavioral conclusions.
This was on a Wednesday morning. The weekend previous, a friend LJG had flown in from New York to visit DR and stayed with DR in DR's apartment over that weekend. LJG did know DR, and reported no odd actions or statements (Police report page 18) from DR over that weekend.

Kudos to all of you who are digging deep for Daniel. Life is getting in the way for me to do it right now. But can someone chime in — I’m having trouble understanding the line of thinking that he may have been targeted for some reason. If someone went after him in the desert, how would they have found him? How would they know where to look? The coworker didn’t report any other vehicle taking off after him. Sorry if I’m missing something completely and this is a dumb question.

I’m having trouble understanding the line of thinking that he may have been targeted for some reason. If someone went after him in the desert, how would they have found him? How would they know where to look? The coworker didn’t report any other vehicle taking off after him. Sorry if I’m missing something completely and this is a dumb question.

I agree. I haven’t come across any information that’s been shared that would suggest he was targeted by someone.
I’ve only come across that as a mere theory.
I feel like Daniel being the victim of some random incident is more likely than being targeted by someone (if we’re going that route w/ theories)

There was one article where the PI shared his worry about a tip that came in concerning cartel activity in the desert.

However in one of the latest articles the PI shared his theory that Daniel went into the desert to rest after a night of binging on video games.
Daniel Robinson: Buckeye police help with search for missing geologist

Here are some links to photos of the crash site and some added graphics to help understand the Buckeye PD interpretation of the crash scene. Some are over head (aerial depictions that show the route and then subsequently zoom in. Some show key points in the narrative (like how the slope effected the movement, the windshield damage, and minimal roof damage). Last there is a link to the updated spreadsheet of missing miles/hours during the morning. (they are links to google drive because of resolution and upload size limitations here on WS)

wreck overview.jpg
wreck Mid overview.jpg
wreck close overview.jpg

from direction of travelc.jpg
ravine e view b.jpg

Loading Google Sheets

I agree. I haven’t come across any information that’s been shared that would suggest he was targeted by someone.
I’ve only come across that as a mere theory.
I feel like Daniel being the victim of some random incident is more likely than being targeted by someone (if we’re going that route w/ theories)

There was one article where the PI shared his worry about a tip that came in concerning cartel activity in the desert.

However in one of the latest articles the PI shared his theory that Daniel went into the desert to rest after a night of binging on video games.
Daniel Robinson: Buckeye police help with search for missing geologist
IMO Cartel activity is a non-starter. They seem to be reacting to any and all "suggestions" coming in vis a FB page and Mr. Robinson phone line. Anything to obfuscate ....IMO they are not even worthy of "tips".

Here are some links to photos of the crash site and some added graphics to help understand the Buckeye PD interpretation of the crash scene. Some are over head (aerial depictions that show the route and then subsequently zoom in. Some show key points in the narrative (like how the slope effected the movement, the windshield damage, and minimal roof damage). Last there is a link to the updated spreadsheet of missing miles/hours during the morning. (they are links to google drive because of resolution and upload size limitations here on WS)

wreck overview.jpg
wreck Mid overview.jpg
wreck close overview.jpg

from direction of travelc.jpg
ravine e view b.jpg

Loading Google Sheets
This is great- thank you so much for all the helpful info you post! Who did the google sheet? Are the times/miles from the PD report?

Last edited:
IMO Cartel activity is a non-starter. They seem to be reacting to any and all "suggestions" coming in vis a FB page and Mr. Robinson phone line. Anything to obfuscate ....IMO they are not even worthy of "tips".

I agree with you 100% on this.
As I stated in a previous post, I PERSONALLY haven’t read any information that would steer toward someone targeting Daniel or that Daniel was victim of a random attack (such as cartel). Of course, that’s merely my opinion.

The meeting with K, the Instacart customer, and subsequent text thread.

See Police report Page 16.
On the evening of June 12 2021 (a Saturday night) DR, working a second job for Instacart, delivers goods to a customer named K.
K thought that DR was nice and invited him in to hang out with her and a friend. They also exchanged telephone numbers at around 0230 the following morning and at that time K sent DR a link to a podcast.
I have been through the subsequent text messages between DR and K.
MOO I don't see anything sinister about the interchange although it is a bit socially awkward, nothing points to serious mental illness. The last text is a bit confusing and I put that down to not knowing the context, maybe it relates to some content in the podcast?

This is great- thank you so much for all the helpful info you post! Who did the google sheet? Are the times/miles from the PD report?
I did and yes the ACTUAL data are from Buckeye PD report. Everything under "Early AM Missing" and Late Am Missing" are my estimates of the speed and routes Daniel would take, with the missing miles assumed to be desert driving of the rancher tracks. That gets at least an estimate of how long in total he probably stopped.

@Spitfireseven There is no completely unredacted report. All police reports of this nature are redacted to some extent.

My industrious wife (former government documents librarian for the City of Phoenix) has IDed K but, of course, we will not DOX her. There is no real need, and no real material can be gained.

The meeting with K, the Instacart customer, and subsequent text thread.

See Police report Page 16.
On the evening of June 12 2021 (a Saturday night) DR, working a second job for Instacart, delivers goods to a customer named K.
K thought that DR was nice and invited him in to hang out with her and a friend. They also exchanged telephone numbers at around 0230 the following morning and at that time K sent DR a link to a podcast.
I have been through the subsequent text messages between DR and K.
MOO I don't see anything sinister about the interchange although it is a bit socially awkward, nothing points to serious mental illness. The last text is a bit confusing and I put that down to not knowing the context, maybe it relates to some content in the podcast?
IMO you are definitely on the right track!

I have known the creator of the podcast for about 3 weeks but not the exact episode. I could not and really can't report it now as it is still rumor.

But the Buckeye PD report does indicate that Daniel relayed to Davisha (his sister) that [paraphrasing] "it changed his life and the whole way of looking at things." and "how to view negative things more positively." I feel comfortable in sharing MO off that language that it does involve transformational thinking and getting away from "ego", "mind", a thinking/reacting self and to a level of "just being". Next layer then is a connectedness to everything, a one with the universe. Lot of TM and Buddhist stuff in a different package.

Thanks for the heads up! Just edited!
Thank You ...my wife figured it out too but there is really nothing germane to report and she is not person of interest or suspect. If she came forward in MSM interview like the rancher has I believe you could discuss. I believe the IG is set to Private.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member