FL FL - Lauren Brittney Dumolo, 29, Cape Coral, 19 Jun 2020

One of the men named as a suspect in Lauren's case, Josh Okapal, was recently given time served for the charges he was in jail for (unrelated to Lauren). He was out and on probation for about a month when CCPD issued a new arrest warrant for him on drug charges. He then fled and is considered a fugitive at the moment. It's unclear to us if he truly is involved in her disappearance or if he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, but since he's not in police custody yet, we are very interested in speaking with him. If anyone reading this knows how to get in touch with him, please let us know - not to throw him back in jail, to talk to us about Lauren. (we do know from our sources that he is alive and well, so it's not a matter of another missing person here)

One of the men named as a suspect in Lauren's case, Josh Okapal, was recently given time served for the charges he was in jail for (unrelated to Lauren). He was out and on probation for about a month when CCPD issued a new arrest warrant for him on drug charges. He then fled and is considered a fugitive at the moment. It's unclear to us if he truly is involved in her disappearance or if he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, but since he's not in police custody yet, we are very interested in speaking with him. If anyone reading this knows how to get in touch with him, please let us know - not to throw him back in jail, to talk to us about Lauren. (we do know from our sources that he is alive and well, so it's not a matter of another missing person here)
aaand he's a sex offender
ugh

What crime was he registered for as a sex offender? Sorry if I'm overlooking it, but I'm just seeing "offense - other," not sure how to find out what the actual crime was? TIA
He has other charges and convictions in Illinois. I do not believe he has been arrested for sex offenses in Lee County, but he had to register upon arrival - again, I believe.

Gabby Petito case hits home for family of missing Cape Coral mom

Lauren Dumolo has been missing 476 days, and it’s hard on her family.

“Because you always have that, you know, slim little bit of hope,” father Paul Dumolo said. “When that phone rings, you hope that it’s gonna be your daughter. But it doesn’t happen.”

“And I almost had like a PTSD kind of response to the Gabby Petito case because it brought up all those beginning raw emotions that we felt in the beginning days,” sister Cassie Carey said.

Both Cassie and Paul wish all missing persons cases would be handled with the same priority as Gabby’s.

“I just wish that we had a team behind us that was as aggressive in fighting this battle as they were in Gabby’s case,” Paul said.

Paul fears the outcome of his daughter’s case will be the same as Gabby’s’ case.

“If they ever do find my daughter, I don’t … believe my daughter is still alive,” Paul said. “They have closure. We don’t. They had press conferences. They had so much attention at the very, very beginning of this. We didn’t.”

Paul was referring to national attention, and Paul thinks he knows why.

For the fact that she had a past, you know, her prior drug history,” Paul said. “And I think, that doesn’t, that shouldn’t matter. My daughter was clean by the way, up until, you know… She was for the last almost two years, she was clean.

Last edited:

The father of a missing woman is upset with a local police department because he says investigators made a major mistake from the beginning.

Dumolo wants to know what happened to his daughter.

He said, from his first call to the department, he’s had trouble.

“On Sunday, the twenty-first of 2020, which was Father’s Day, there was a missing persons report put out,” Paul said. “On the twenty-fourth, I flew into Florida. I got in at eleven o’clock at night. Thursday morning, I woke up, call Cape Coral Police Department and was asking who’s on my daughter’s case, and I want to speak to them, and nobody was even assigned to my daughter’s case.”

Dumolo went on to list more problems, including forensics, missing evidence and lack of communication with him and a lack of media attention.

When we asked CCPD to a response to Paul Dumolo’s claims, a spokesman told us the detective on the case had nothing new to release.

She was reported missing from an apartment on Coronado Pkwy. That is an hour south of where these remains were found. It sounds like they have an idea of who was involved.

Attachments

• 0808D977-BDB7-4ECE-B27B-4A1B2C38D024.jpeg
    0808D977-BDB7-4ECE-B27B-4A1B2C38D024.jpeg
    89 KB · Views: 21
wow, Chief Sizemore seemed extremely warm, respectful, and professional, and made me feel like they are indeed working hard on Lauren's case..

honestly however, given the population of where the body was found, I have doubts it will be her which makes me very sad as I would love even a little bit of closure for her family :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back