Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #85

Status
Not open for further replies.
LS tweeted the names of who was there today for the Prosecution. I wonder if this is the DE she mentioned.

Discovery In Criminal Cases - Wednesday, October 14, 2020 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM

Dan Edwards is a Senior Assistant Attorney General in the Criminal Justice Section. He has practiced law for over 40 years as a public defender, magistrate, and prosecutor. He has tried over 300 cases including 62 first degree murders.

He is an Adjunct Professor at the University of Denver College of Law where over the last 30+ years he has taught 199 classes in Trial Practice, Evidence, Criminal Law, and Criminal Procedure.

We the Chipmunks of the Colorado Zoo, in order to form a more free and just society for chipmunks, do hereby announce our intention of appropriating the property of Puma Path, formerly owned and occupied by one Barry Lee Morphew, for the sole use and enjoyment of every chipmunk resident in said Colorado, notwithstanding their current freedom or otherwise. Further details to be a announced shortly.

CHIPMUNK PARTY!!
chipmunkparty.jpg

Something off the beaten path here. But the relationship between SM and BM is very strange. There is that bit about not talking to each other on cell phones for three months...yet, BM is monitoring SM and SM is monitoring BM (cameras and spy pens). But the thing that is so odd to me is how Suzanne managed to go out of town at least 6 times, alone, in order to see JL...for days at a time; and if you look at the map, they were all over the place....various states. How did that activity not strike BM as suspicious, and then some? We know about the Florida surprise...but that was only one trip....SM took 6 of them. I can't help but think BM is hiding some knowledge here. What reasonable thinking person would not be suspicious, regardless of the condition of the marriage?

I might speak to my spouse on the phone once a year. We text, messenger, and email or talk in person. The only person I actually talk to on the phone anymore is my primary care physician and that's only because we're still not cool with in person visits.

I think he knew when she was gone, but I do not believe he knew she was having an affair...or he suspected she was having an affair but did not know with whom. Regardless...I don't think the prosecution will have any trouble proving the marriage was in trouble and they certainly don't need every single thing to get that accomplished and I doubt they will use every single little thing that is known. Even the judge encouraged them to move along in the preliminary in establishing that fact. The case is not about a failed marriage it is about proving Barry murdered his wife. If they want to suggest a motive to the jury they still don't need every single thing to establish this.

Based on his recorded actions in the AA, he knew she was seeing someone by December 2019. I don't think he ever knew who it was, but he knew there was someone else by December, six months before he disappeared her.

Based on his recorded actions in the AA, he knew she was seeing someone by December 2019. I don't think he ever knew who it was, but he knew there was someone else by December, six months before he disappeared her.
He gave himself away with this hilarious gem on page 60. "...can you tell me how many MONTHS it's been going on?"

He's telling Grusing that he (probably) knew about the affair for a couple years, but tries to feign ignorance by putting the timeframe in months. Any normal person says "can you tell me how long it's been going on?" Barry just couldn't help himself.

Even someone with no knowledge of deception tactics could pick up on that one. Grusing probably got a good laugh.

2D3B8C6E-6013-4289-8FF4-76F1A36130BA.jpeg

Last edited:
He gave himself away with this hilarious gem on page 60. "...can you tell me how many MONTHS it's been going on?"

He's telling Grusing that he knew about the affair for a couple years, but tries to feign ignorance by putting the timeframe in months.

Even someone with no knowledge of deception tactics could pick up on that one. Grusing probably got a good laugh.

View attachment 317325
Didn’t he also come up with 4 different names he asked about too? 2 at one time and 2 at a different interview. I’m surprised they weren’t redacted. Like right off the top of his head. Like he hadn’t been thinking about who it could be. Lol. Nope not my perfect marriage.

Didn’t he also come up with 4 different names he asked about too? 2 at one time and 2 at a different interview. I’m surprised they weren’t redacted. Like right off the top of his head. Like he hadn’t been thinking about who it could be. Lol. Nope not my perfect marriage.
Exactly. This had likely been driving him crazy since he first learned of it. I imagine Barry caught wind not long after the affair's inception.

He just didn't know who this guy was.

Question: when he gets to Poncha Springs daily, will the ankle monitor upload where he's been?

Scary to think that if he removes his anklet, he'll have about a 23.5 hour headstart.

My next question: how many people within a radius of BM are afraid to say they're afraid?

Poor Suzanne. Where is her justice?

JMO

JMO

They don't have to worry about Barry fleeing because his defense team is kicking the prosecution's *advertiser censored*s all over the place, IMO.

No justice for Suzanne to be seen yet. They really need to find her body before trial but there weren't any searches this summer and now we're heading into snow season. Another win for Barry.

They don't have to worry about Barry fleeing because his defense team is kicking the prosecution's *advertiser censored*s all over the place, IMO.

No justice for Suzanne to be seen yet. They really need to find her body before trial but there weren't any searches this summer and now we're heading into snow season. Another win for Barry.
I don't know where you're getting that impression from, but I couldn't disagree more.

The prosecution wanted Barry to move, but the judge said he doesn't have the authority to do that. The law is the law.

As for the lack of searches this summer, that's just not true. @NoSI took notes during the preliminary hearing, and the first witness talked about a mine search being conducted just a couple weeks prior.

Just because we aren't hearing about searches, doesn't mean they aren't happening.

Justice will come at trial.
We have a very long road ahead. Both sides will be filing motions and I foresee many many more pretrial hearings for the Judge to rule on those motions.
Have faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member