Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s very possible that he did come home with scratches and fight wounds on his face. But it’s also very very clear that they fought—Moab incident showed that clearly. And that frigging tape could be to his advantage. They had a fight, she got physical so he left. Came back and couldn’t find her and he was so done he left. Or found her dead and panicked because of fight before

But MOO, parents did not lawyer up until about the Sept 10 or 11 when GP’s parents’ messages hit and they knew there was a problem.

It could be why he never showed his face to LE though. They never did see BL

Nah. He can't claim that having driven the van back to florida. Remember the van was videoed near the murder scene. IMO i'm really beginning to lean towards he killed her elsewhere and brought her there. Some of what we already now know is that there were No signs of struggle at the scene, a pair of boots left at the scene, and it was more of a quick dump and scoot vs. sitting there going WTF did I just do?
Perhaps he was dumping her and Alas he hears that car drive by that caught the van on video (remember the couple left because they said it was desolate out there....no one was out there camping in that particular part). He panics and splits. Perhaps he forgot to put her shoes on her. They havent stated who's boots, but i can only assume hers unless he left his wanting to get caught. Too bad they weren't filming their trip via a drone.

BL didn't weight that much though. He is not a giant of a man. She could have wriggled and rolled and prob. gotten him off her if he was just pinning her with his legs. I have also wondered if he drugged her or hit her on the head first to make her more easy to subdue.

Even a small frail person can leave some marks and take skin.

Last edited:
"I'm curious to see just how many of you think BL is still alive. To see how split this group is on dead/alive"

Dead at this point.

I could go either way at this point, but I’m leaning towards alive. If his parents genuinely believed BL was going to kill himself or had already killed himself, their complete silence makes no sense. I would’ve assumed they would be pleading for his safe return or at the very least release a statement through their attorney expressing their fear that their son may harm himself. MOO.

I'm not sure how much faith I'd put into what they say as being anything close to accurate or truthful.
For all we know, they could have sent BL somewhere else or known he went somewhere else and told LE that he went to the preserve. Why believe that ChL went to search on his own.
MOO
I don't 'hate on' the Laundries but I'm pretty annoyed with their nonsense, particularly
-not helping with Gabby's disappearance when her frantic parents had tried to contact them, why the hell not?
-misrepresenting the date of the Mustang's return until it became impossible to continue because evidence was produced that showed they'd been lying/mistaken about all of that.
- the most egregious act though is to be the instigators of a massive search of the reserve, a search that received worldwide media attention, to watch it unfold on every TV channel and to remain silent for several weeks in the full knowledge that the search had been conducted on incorrect information.
And then to casually 'drop' the information as if it meant nothing at all is a mega sized attempted gaslight of very many people.

The wee text dropped by the wee lawyer while the presser about Gabby's cause of death was unfolding is shocking and insulting. What does he think he is doing? Competing? For what? A Circus?

There is partial footage but it's distressing so that's the reason for the timestamps from thread #63 video link.
True crime is rarely pleasant to learn about, but at the end of the day we all want justice for Gabby.
Hopefully sooner rather than later.
Imo.

NO. That’s misinformation. She is NOT shown in this footage at all. The location of her remains are not shown in this video. In the last shot of the pop-up canopy when you see the men walking off screen as the footage ends, they are walking in her direction but the location she is in is not seen in this video.

I just watched Gabby Petito: An ID special report (btw disappointing). It was mostly opinion no facts except the few pics and video of LE, BL and GP interacting. Did LE separate them? what was the end result of the interaction with LE?

BBM

This is the golden question (besides, of course, WHERE IS HE). They must have really decided to go all in because their actions are extreme- pretty hard to back down from the path they’ve chosen. Maybe they view it as his early inheritance. I’ve wondered if they’ll try to declare him dead in 5 years- if (hope not) he is still at large.
Could they/BL be using some form of crypto currency? I don't know how hard that would be to prove for the feds or any other LE

Correct. Something like that. BL did not want to talk to LE and refused to do so. He was not required under the law to do so. His parents were not required to let LE into their house, and under no legal obligation to force him to meet the officers. They had an attorney by then and were doing as he instructed.

BL was probably not even there at the time.

Last edited:
I don't 'hate on' the Laundries but I'm pretty annoyed with their nonsense, particularly
-not helping with Gabby's disappearance when her frantic parents had tried to contact them, why the hell not?
-misrepresenting the date of the Mustang's return until it became impossible to continue because evidence was produced that showed they'd been lying/mistaken about all of that.
- the most egregious act though is to be the instigators of a massive search of the reserve, a search that received worldwide media attention, to watch it unfold on every TV channel and to remain silent for several weeks in the full knowledge that the search had been conducted on incorrect information.
And then to casually 'drop' the information as if it meant nothing at all is a mega sized attempted gaslight of very many people.

The wee text dropped by the wee lawyer while the presser about Gabby's cause of death was unfolding is shocking and insulting. What does he think he is doing? Competing? For what? A Circus?
"Circus" is right at this point. So many people are latching on for their "15 minutes of fame" IMO
They should have either 1) got a better lawyer or 2) said something to Gabby's parents or LE or someone when BL got back to FL.
Seems that was too much to ask of them from what i've seen. Lack of compassion. MOO

Idk I think he might still be alive. I swap back & forth on it so I’m torn. The only thing I can figure is if he was dead, they would have found him or at least traces of him (clothes, belongings, etc. whatever he took with him in that backpack) by now right? Dead ppl don’t move. Or it’s possible there just aren’t any traces of him. Does anyone know if the US Marshalls are also involved? I would think so, but just haven’t heard a lot about that.

ETA: fixed typo
What about dead but never entered the Reserve at all?
It is a possibility though it's extremely slim, that he just happened to get murdered by somebody somewhere else entirely? (I'm just trying to think up reasons to remove us all from that swamp because I'm entirely sick of the place which is impossible to sleuth because it's so vast and nobody's telling us anything.

Correct. Something like that. BL did not want to talk to LE and refused to do so. He was not required under the law to do so. His parents were not required to let LE into their house, and under no legal obligation to force him to meet the officers. They had an attorney by then and were doing as he instructed.

Yes, we are all aware of the 5th amendment. But the 3 Amigos actions of not even saying an inkling of where GP was while her Van was literally sitting in the driveway without her, and her frantic parents unanswered calls and texts to the family tells me they lawyered up as soon as he started driving home. JMO MOO

I cannot imagine being a low level general practice lawyer wanting to be the leading representative for a set of clients facing down the FBI for a federal criminal warrant, and another potentially soon to come federal warrant for 1st degree murder. Add to that, his set of clients have very different liabilities which may end up in conflict. This is such a clusterF I can only SMH and wonder why this continues.

They made a report on Friday that he had gone to the reserve on Tuesday. I'd call that 4 days.
Then, last week they changed the day to Monday as his departure day. Monday to Friday is not three days either.
Wondering why the change in days ?
A simple error, but in this case nothing was quite normal as the young lady who had lived with them was missing.
So everything was not right in the household; as in a significant change in their routine.
When something unfortunate happens, people tend to remember the day's events and some following days with more intensity.
MOO.

What about dead but never entered the Reserve at all?
It is a possibility though it's extremely slim, that he just happened to get murdered by somebody somewhere else entirely? (I'm just trying to think up reasons to remove us all from that swamp because I'm entirely sick of the place which is impossible to sleuth because it's so vast and nobody's telling us anything.
Omg yes!! I’m sick of the swamp, too! The mosquitoes would have legit carried him away by now in there! IMO. & I wasn’t referring to anything specific…just in general.

Nah. He can't claim that having driven the van back to florida. Remember the van was videoed near the murder scene. IMO i'm really beginning to lean towards he killed her elsewhere and brought her there. Some of what we already now know is that there were No signs of struggle at the scene, a pair of boots left at the scene, and it was more of a quick dump and scoot vs. sitting there going WTF did I just do?
Perhaps he was dumping her and Alas he hears that car drive by that caught him on video (remember the couple left because they said it was desolate out there....no one was out there camping in that particular part). He panics and splits. Perhaps he forgot to put her shoes on her. They havent stated who's boots, but i can only assume hers unless he left his wanting to get caught.

Even a small frail person can leave some marks and take skin.

IMO, the Bethunes said they left bc it was full, no place to camp, the opposite of desolate. And if you watch the footage you can see that is true

Some of what we already now know is that there were No signs of struggle at the scene, a pair of boots left at the scene, and it was more of a quick dump and scoot vs. sitting there going WTF did I just do?
Snipped for focus
I haven't seen any LE statement that there was "no sign of struggle at the scene". It seems to me, strangulation is a sign of major struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304