Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabby Petito’s family opens up on hunt for Brian Laundrie, believes he’s ‘missing piece’ to puzzle

"Petito's stepfather revealed that the couple’s cross-country road trip took form after their plans for a low-key beach wedding in Florida were postponed due to COVID-19."

There are other people showing me articles like this that I already knew existed. So I will respond to all of them here. GP announced they were engaged through her instagram. Other people have said things from, that they called off a beach wedding due to covid, to that they were going back to just dating (which would mean it wasn't just postponed but no longer engage). Those aren't actual facts to the state of Gabby's engagement but rather other people's understanding. Gabby was an Instagrammer, if she had posted an update that they were putting the wedding on hold, then that would be a fact.

But thats not even important to my very minor point that seems to have people up in arms. Its possible that there may have been reasons why the laundries didn't communicate with Gabby's family immediately when they were first contacted. I didn't say it was probable or that it was actual, I said its possible that there may have be a less than cordial relationship between the families. Even the articles stating the wedding was off/delayed had differing opinions on whether it was off or just postponed. Gabby herself in all of the video and SM posts we have of her has never said it was postponed or off, as far as I know. That doesn't make her family wrong or bad, it just may give some insight into what they thought of her relationship with BL. Which, again, and its a crying shame I have to keep making this point, is why there is a possibility that the laundrie family aren't some heartless demons from the 7th circle but instead just might have had blocks or ignored calls from GPs family.

This is a very minor point. Having an open mind to all that happens in this case doesn't mean I don't think Brian is guilty of this.

I'm not saying Brian hasn't done something terribly wrong or that he has handled everything right, but...if I had put money into Gabby's account, and she had given me the pin number to use it, I would have used the account without the blink of an eye. Guess I have the makings of a common criminal.
Why wouldn’t his name be in her bank if that was the case? I’m also pretty sure he drained out her debit card and bank account. Gas doesn’t cost $1000 or more to get from WY to FL on a 2 day drive. It’d be helpful to know exactly how much money he withdrew.

I guess this isn’t weird to me. My mom had never been to my ex’s family’s house and I lived there. His family went to our house plenty of times before I moved in and after, but never the opposite, because his family isn’t social. You seem to think all families are super chummy with their children’s partners families and that just isn’t the case. It doesn’t mean her dad was uninvolved or didn’t care or whatever else you are trying to imply. Moo.
I agree. My daughter has been married for 16 years. The only time I met SIL’s family was at the wedding. No animosity between families.

I’m sure LE is as well. I hope “K9 Diesel” and the other dogs find something of value to this investigation (if not BL himself), but I also hope the dogs stay safe. Gators take dogs walking near the water all the time in FL. I’m sure everyone is on super-high alert. Gotta be exhausing.

So glad dogs are not swimming in water, and keeping out of thick brush...snakes!

All families are different, & to add to your point, every part of the country here is different on stuff like that. Like for example, in Alabama where I am, I would think it was super strange if the families didn’t know each other. I’m sure there is some, but I can’t think of any of my engaged/married friends off the top of my head that the parents of each person have never met. However, that might very well be a Deep South thing haha.
IIRC, didn’t the L’s know Gabby & the Petitos/Schmidts when Gabby & BL were in high school? Wasn’t there something that came out that they lived really close to each other in New York? I thought I remembered something about that…

Yes, I recall something about that too, actually!

They were described as being 'neighbours' when they were living in NY so whilst it might not have been right next door to each other, it would surely seem as if it was in the same neighbourhood, at least.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/brian-laundrie-parents-missing-b1930035.html

There's actually some info in this article that is new to me.

It seems that the Laundrie parents have led a fairly nomadic lifestyle themselves. Brian's dad lived in lots of different places in NY.

His mum also worked for the government for 9 years according to the article.

Living in lots of different places across the States would definitely give the Laundries plenty of options if they have indeed helped BL go in to hiding.

MOO

Mods - please remove if this constitutes sleuthing the parents (the info is in the MSM article link I posted).

I'm not saying Brian hasn't done something terribly wrong or that he has handled everything right, but...if I had put money into Gabby's account, and she had given me the pin number to use it, I would have used the account without the blink of an eye. Guess I have the makings of a common criminal.
According to the law, anyone who used someone's debit and credit cards without prior authorization is a criminal, regardless of whether the people involved are in a relationship.
But when the added particulars in this case are strangling that cardholder until they're dead, leaving them in the wild, taking their vehicle to transport to the safe haven of the parents and then refusing to even let anyone know where the body of that cardholder is, it's morally and ethically reprehensible. There's so many victims in the wake of what is Brian, and very little, if any, remorse. That's why it's impossible to humanize the Laundries.

Thus the protesters getting fired up. It appears as tho the public is not feeling safe. If they don't feel safe, they aren't going to let the Laundries feel safe either.

imo.
That's an interesting point. I hadn't thought about neighbors and the community not feeling safe. I do remember having a fugitive in our area at one point and until he was captured, you're right-we did feel unsafe.

I am imagining that the continued outspoken behaviors of DTBH and JW are getting under someone's skin. These two PI's/ Bounty Hunters or whatever they may be called have a Huge reputation of finding fugitives and outlaws! IMO, they are poking and prodding where SB doesn't want them to be. The childish name- calling statement he put out screams.." Help!" " I need a PR person!"

It really doesn't matter why the wedding was called off or postponed. Obviously, it was not because they had broken up. They then put all their time and effort into preparing for the van trip. We know how that ended. jmo

I couldn't imagine having something like this happening and knowing what my son might have done.

I'd have a serious cry, then make a plan by helping them to surrender. I would never think of making up a plan for my son to run, that is far more dangerous IMO.

Look at how this is all unfolding now, it's a disaster and as a parent if I gave my son this terrible advice I would be regretting it by now. It seems (even though it's probably not true) that the entire United States is looking for him in every nook and cranny. I'd be full of fear for his safety if he's not sitting around all snug as a bug in a rug. JMO

Even I'm looking for him and I'm not even in the States! Haha ;)

I have seen the reports for the #1 and I am not arguing that he went there on the 10th which I have already stated. I'm asking why he called the cops on his daughters future in-laws when he could have gone in person instead? I have stated that the possibility exists that there was already bad blood between the families and that could be one explanation for why the Laundries didn't communicate with them. And just about any question you want to ask about that, I have probably replied to so you can read back to find those if you are interested.

About #2, I have never seen any verified information that said the laundries were not communicating with LE. And LE saying they aren't cooperating doesn't mean that either. It most likely means that LE wanted them to bring in BL for questioning and that hadn't happened.
...It's been common knowledge since the beginning the Laundries have not and will not cooperate. They are finally half-heartedly looking but that's not cooperating, weeks after the fact North Port police urge Brian Laundrie to cooperate in Gabby Petito investigation | Daily Mail Online

Being in their 50s, it is possible to old when it comes to communications technology. As strange as this is to think about, some people don't even know how to set up a voicemail or even how to check it. And even think that texts don't need to be answered immediately. Also, GP's family weren't sitting around for 11 days trying to find her. They had only been at it for a day or so unless someone has updated the timeline about when they started thinking it was strange they hadn't heard from her. Like I said, its possible they just called police without checking in personally, but its also possible that is as strange a behavior as not returning the calls in the first place. At least for me it is MOO
Being in my 50s I have quite a good understanding of grammar and punctuation - but I can also use communications technology TOO.

Why wouldn’t his name be in her bank if that was the case? I’m also pretty sure he drained out her debit card and bank account. Gas doesn’t cost $1000 or more to get from WY to FL on a 2 day drive. It’d be helpful to know exactly how much money he withdrew.
When you make a cross country trip in an older van, smart to have cash on hand. We don’t know how much he took out snd in what form. A lot of that could have been gas

I think it’s entirely possible they pooled their money and put it all in one account as well as putting the van in just Gabby’s name. My adult kids, when younger would do things like that just because quicker and easier to do.

He likely had no clue that the rules for the bank account, card, changed when she died.

I don’t blame him for that. The crux of all of this is that he just took off without her and then didnt offer any info as to where she might be, like where that last campsite was when she was reported missing. That to me points very much into his being responsible for her death. Someone who kills another like that needs to be kept away from people in society. Though LE has not pronounced him dangerous, I think he is.

I am imagining that the continued outspoken behaviors of DTBH and JW are getting under someone's skin. These two PI's/ Bounty Hunters or whatever they may be called have a Huge reputation of finding fugitives and outlaws! IMO, they are poking and prodding where SB doesn't want them to be. The childish name- calling statement he put out screams.." Help!" " I need a PR person!"
So in other words, maybe one or both are getting to close for comfort?

Gabby's stepfather Jim Schmidt revealed the couple had planned a small ceremony but were forced to pause plans as the pandemic hit.

He told Fox News: “Covid happened so they put it (the wedding) on hold. They said they were going to live life.”
Gabby & Brian postponed wedding due to Covid before embarking on doomed road trip

During the interview, Petito’s stepfather Jim Schmidt revealed that Gabby and Brian had almost gotten married in Florida but were forced to postpone the ceremony due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Brian Laundrie 'Knows Everything' About Gabby Petito's Death; Couple Almost Got Married, Family Says

According to a Petito family attorney, the pair had gotten engaged, but postponed their wedding plans because of the coronavirus pandemic and decided to take the trip instead.
Gabby Petito timeline: Everything we know about her disappearance

There's more in video's with Dr Phil and one with Foxnews.

Thats people not named Gabby. She has an active SM presence. Do you have anything from her stating it was postponed to counter the different times while on the trip she said they were engaged? But it doesn't really matter whether they were still engaged, not engaged or postponed. The fact that so many people in her family are stating the exact opposite of what she is saying during the trip could be seen as the possibility that the family wasn't enthused about BL becoming part of their family (and rightly so, if true, as history has shown). Which is all I was saying. Its possible the Laundrie's knew their opinion of their son and weren't quick to respond to their concerns. Allowing that possibility doesn't mean that you must then think Brian is innocent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa