Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO Per they had their own businesses, I find it very hard to believe they did not have voicemail and were not versed in simple technology. That said, I think it’s almost splitting hairs if they received the communications from the P’s. When they did know on the 11th that a missing report had been filed for Gabby their reaction to LE was here is our atty info, we will not speak with you nor let you in to speak with our son. Enough said, they choose to not cooperate in the search for Gabby. Does it really matter if they made that decision on the 10th or the 11th?

It matters to me if they made that decision before or after they learned that GP was dead. If they thought she was just missing, but refused to help in the search then I am with the pitchfork and torches crowd because that goes beyond human decency. But if they had just been told she was dead at their son's hands while the text/message was still fresh on the phone, then as a parent I can easily see not contacting the family and facing that ordeal while the foundations of my life were still shaking from that earthquake. I can even see, as a parent, not wanting to see my child go to the electric chair and thus not aiding LE in their search for him until/unless I thought he had (or was about) to kill himself.

John Walsh says he thinks Brian Laundrie is hiding out in Mexico after getting help from family | Daily Mail Online
What are your thoughts on John Walsh’s theory BL is in Mexico? He said on the ID program that aired last night that he thinks the Laundries took him to the Mexico border and dropped him off after the “camping trip”.
I believe it...I believe he's getting help from family/friends. My friend Liz Quackenbush was axed to death in New Orleans by her bf n March. He was on the run till July, and they found him at a family reunion in Indiana. He had been hidden and helped along by several family members. Granted, that case wasn't nearly as famous as this one so it might be harder for Brian to hide IMO

I believe it...I believe he's getting help from family/friends. My friend Liz Quackenbush was axed to death in New Orleans by her bf n March. He was on the run till July, and they found him at a family reunion in Indiana. He had been hidden and helped along by several family members. Granted, that case wasn't nearly as famous as this one so it might be harder for Brian to hide IMO
I’m very sorry about your friend, I do think BL has help also

Betcha the FBI has a good idea and they're letting him simmer while they collect more evidence to solid up the case.
Where are they collecting this evidence from - The Carlton Reserve? Why waste all that money searching somewhere they know he isn't - just for show? I seriously doubt it.

Let me preface by saying that I truly believe Brian killed Gabby.

For countless threads all I've seen is mainly speculation on their relationship. While it may have been abusive and it would indicate as such from the Moab police stop, it doesn't have to mean Brian controlled everything in Gabby's life.

Blaming Brian and inventing scenarios based on scant knowledge of their relationship I feel people are doing Gabby a disservice.

By going to the extreme in order not to victim blame, people are actually inferring that she was not a strong-willed woman with her own mind.

She was setting up a website, vlogging and exploring, things SHE was very focused and excited about (according to her dad).

I think I even read a suggestion that Brian made her read the books only he liked. Like seriously?

I do believe the relationship was toxic sometimes, but not to the extent where she had no free will.

Please don't let her life be in vain. She seemed to me to be a very free spirited, kind and outgoing girl who loved her life.

We have had countless posts about DV. A victim of DV doesn't equal someone without strength. A victim of DV doesn't equal someone without kindness and love. A victim of DV doesn't equal a person without hopes and dreams and trying to fulfill them. There are several posts here with links to information explaining DV and coercive control. Here is one that I know explains what you are noting in your post.

GP has already made a huge difference in the world of missing people of all races/creeds/colors and in the world of DV. Amazing things will continue to come from GP without a doubt.

www.thehotline.org

Lying in bed at night my brain goes something like this:
Brian—>Home—>needs to lay low—>parents know a real estate lawyer—>real estate lawyer would know of empty properties—>Brian disappears.

Sometimes however it just goes:
Brian—>kills Gabby—>goes running home—>goes to somewhere familiar (the reserve)—>takes his life because he’s a coward who can’t face up to what he’s done

No wonder I feel sleep-deprived recently! All MOO

I’m also starting to wonder if the FBI knows he is dead. Maybe that is why it took THREE days for them to get in contact with Dennis Davis, there certainly was no urgency there. Also, no posters being placed around town.
Who is Dennis Davis?
tia

For those of you wondering why a girl like Gabby would hook up with a guy like this...
She's a determined healer. He remains and enjoys being determinedly unhealed.
The spirit nurse collecting the world together to nurture their earthly home and the avowed iconoclast/self-proclaimed nomad surrounded by an "infestation" of human beings.
Tough job for a spirit nurse. The kind that might get you killed for your effort.
MOO

Sorry to hear this. It does illustrate that some families will protect their own regardless of the law and the damage they've done.

I'm sorry about your friend :(

OMG, I just looked this story up. Sickening how that entire family harbored, aided, and abetted that guy. Afraid that we may be seeing some of that here though, too.

And, yes, sorry to hear about your friend. Very sad.

what's terrifying is he hacked his gf to death and they protected him! good god.
I am so sorry this happened to your friend. He's in prison correct?
I think BL's family/family friends are helping conceal him or giving him shelter at a cabin, summer home, or second house up in upper state NY. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23