Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on a different page. I was on the page that they were hoping GP would not be found so they would eventually have to go to him with a deal for her location before the weather turned. I was initially thinking SB's play was to keep him quiet until they needed him so badly that they'd plead him out. Now I'm not sure of anything. As posted in the first reply, I wonder if he planned to flee before he even reached Florida (the cash question I raised). So, unfortunately, I think I'm useless on this point. JMO MOO
He could have plotted his flight on the long drive home. There is no evidence of this, but I keep wondering how his hiatus in august may relate to this. If maybe he flew back w no intention to return to SLC and changed his mind and went back. Where is Gabby's stuff? In his anger at her after the Moab thing, did he destroy her things or toss them in the swamp or did he just move his things and leave hers in a storage locker? I'm beating a dead horse with this train of thought, probably, but I wonder if FBI knows that he was at the reserve between 17th and 23rd of august, and ditched items at that time. ??? Could that be why nobody seems to know where Gabby's belongings are? And why they keep searching the reserve? Seems like a waste of time and equipment and manpower if they are just looking for discarded "stuff". Her parents have never said that they have gotten her belongings back. Maybe they just think it's no one's business. But they made an issue about it for a while. It just seems to me that he wanted to wipe every trace of her off the map. jmo

Absolutely. Mexico does not want or need any American criminals. They will send him back just like they did Adam Curtis Williams and Amanda Noveer. They murdered an RV couple who were boondocking on Texas’ North Padre Island. They stole their truck and trailer, drove across Texas 250 miles and entered Mexico at the Eagle Pass/Piedras Negras crossing where border cameras got a pic.

OPS.... I spoke too soon, see above.

Advertise a few pesos...

And why hasnt anyone organized some sort of reward for information leading to his arrest. I know reward money is out there, but is it private? I dont see it mentioned on SM or networks...wish someone would step up and organize who is putting up money.

right.

Instead of spending $3M+ (?) now for our gov to search for him, put that $3M+ up as a bounty. Save manpower. Save equipment. Save time.

Even his own mother will probably turn him in for that kind of reward.
I can see it all..
Hundreds of hopefuls entering the swamp to search.
Probably cost a billion to fish them all out when they get stuck lost or eaten.

It's been mentioned by authorities since he disappeared and was reported missing that the water level was high in all areas of those reserves, and now that it's receded they can search more areas (we've heard that for over a week as well). My question is - did he disappear circa 9/6-9/13 and THEN there was a massive rainfall or hurricane that inundated the water table so he could have possibly been in the swampy area and become stranded? I know there was reference to hurricane Ida hitting much further west, but those bands can extend hundreds of miles, and Ida was gone by around Sept 4. Was there additional heavy rainfall after that around the time he disappeared? So to me that means *IF* he did head to the reserve, the flooding from Ida would have already been there, and *IF* he did die there in some manner, he would have been found by now because he didn't enter a dry area only to become stranded or potentially drown by additional massive rainfall after he arrived. Then again, that swamp is HUGE. Even if they did a grid search and there was no water involved, it'd take months to search every square foot. It seems hopeless despite the obstacles.

OooOOOoooo... those are some sour grapes!
Although I think the public volley communications from sooo many involved in this this are absolutely bizarre and counterproductive, fact is, in this case the redeeming element in my mind is that Bertoluno is spot on. Still a wacky way to communicate though.

Meh. Maybe. I’m of the belief that the Laundrie’s simply didn’t like the Petito’s et al whatsoever. Maybe it was justified (like, say, mocking their son and who knows what else), maybe just a misanthropic bent. But, if that’s the case, I can see the figurative finger being front and center.
MOO, I can't see any humanity in that.

Hi
I don’t have a link for a quote I found from the FBI today (on twitter) otherwise I would share it. Can anyone recall what date or when Brian’s phone was pinged at the reserve ( where the FBI have been searching)? Apparently, this is one of the reasons why FBI keep returning to that location.
I have never heard about this. The story is that he left his phone at home so I would be curious as to what phone was pinged.

BBM. If the reward is big enough ($$$) they will deliver him with a mariachi band leading the way, guaranteed.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Haha I've got that visual in my head.. A Mexican drug cartel handing him over with an accompanying mariachi band! (I've also got La Cucaracha stuck in my head now)

I can see it all..
Hundreds of hopefuls entering the swamp to search.
Probably cost a billion to fish them all out when they get stuck lost or eaten.
You make an important point here. Citizens often get frustrated with LE when they are not permitted to help with a search. Aside from the possibility of getting injured, they often unwittingly destroy evidence.

Amateur opinion and speculation

In my limited experience, (Tijuana, Mexicali) people in Mexican border towns who deal with tourists speak English as good or better than I do. JMHO.
But, they'd know him better than anyone else probably. MOO They probably get a lot of news from the states. JMO

Wow! I had to skip a few threads because it was just moving SO fast! Apologies to missing many thoughtful entries.

The following is just my own opinion MOO, just speculation, k?
I believe it is important to recognize what a HUGE Chuck Palahniuk fan-boy BL was. I am curious which book he took with him when he fled. I definitely believe he did NOT travel without one. I am curious if he took his journal with him. The author encourages people to write an outrageous sentence daily. The author characterizes his work as “satire”. But absolutely part of the recipe for success is writing about off the wall gruesome stories involving outcasts. Sometimes, he states stories are “true”. Personally I believe they are truly stories but not biographies, that’s part of the gimmick/hook. Some of these CP fans are huge devotees. There are old interviews on YouTube with his then publish and publisher who mention this and the “cacophony” wannabes. BL is a huge fan boy. It’s in “his” art, making stamps based on novel cover art. It’s in the description of he and Gabby reading passages to each other (who does that?) regularly. Apparently, the books were so sacred, he marked his place with art stamps rather than a bookmark. BL was a guy with few friends. I believe in his mind, CP IS his friend, they just haven’t met yet.

more MOO. Gabby has been described by many as likable, cheerful, kind. I believe the relationship between she and BL began when she saw him usually alone, perhaps picked on, and she felt sorry for him and befriended him. And then he love bombed her. And she knew he NEEDED her. And then began the slippery slope. I think part of his de-valuing her over time had to do with his rejection by peers, ie ‘you must be pathetic to want to be with someone like me’. I think she spent a lot of energy trying to fix him to the point she likely started to blur her own likes and dislikes. She did know she wanted to travel and do the van life vlogging thing. BL went along with it for his own motives. I think it probably started to significantly stress her out when it became clear he wasn’t fully on board with the Team Plan.

So, MOO, why did BL want to go on this trip? Because the ending destination was outside of Portland. Guess who is a longtime resident outside of Portland - CP. He is famously still an active member in the Portland chapter of Cacophony. Prior to the pandemic he did lots of travel for book tours/readings. Now seems to be virtual. I believe he still wants to be near CP. so anybody in the northwest, keep your eyes open. Also, if CP resumes book tours in person, that would be a good place to look also.

MOO, Parents are definitely covering for him. One of the things CP has stated in some of his interviews is that he believes by telling this gruesome fantastical tales that enables and frees some of his readers to disclose their own ‘confessions’. Contrary to what a typical person might do, I think BL TOLD his parents about ‘accidentally’ strangling GP to death. As soon as the parents contacted their lawyer, I am sure they knew, MOO. I also believe, MOO, is the s’mores family get together was a final memory making moment. Unbeknownst to Cassie and her family, it was planned to be the last time they would see Uncle Brian for awhile.

ok, last one. MOO. He’s not hiding out in the swamp, no way. It is not his skill set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288