SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha! I want 3. I'm hoping we finally get the answer to the biggest question here, namely, who killed Paul and Maggie, and how did it all go down.

Agreed, I just want answers to who killed MM and PM. To me, these are 2 different animals. If it wasn't him, I certainly don't want that to be thrown at him because he's committed all these other crimes. He can still be a piece of garbage that's not capable of killing his own wife and child.

I have numerous theories but the one I keep coming back to is that MM & PM were killed because of AM.

My next would be that AM either did it or hired the hit because of what he has created.

Still plenty of other solid possibilities and I'd assume that FBI isn't sitting on nothing.

I think he was just in too deep and couldn't right his own ship. Was compounded with years of addition and simply spiraling out of control. None of this is all that uncommon minus the double murder. I just think it that fact that it's the Murdaugh dynasty which has drawn everyone's interest.

I’m going to play devils advocate here with regards to the 114,000 pills.
Do you know what strength the $80 pill is in mg terms? The reason I ask is because what if that is a 5mg pill?

I am a user of Oxycodone after I suffered catastrophic injuries falling down 20ft of stairs and being temporarily paralysed and learning to walk again over an 18month period with spinal cord damages resulting from the fall and many surgeries since. I have been on pain meds , thoroughly and closely monitored by my Dr’s on a monthly basis for 12 years, if I don’t have them,then my life is one of existence with tremendous pain as opposed to living life when taking them and still being in pain and some days (often 2/3 per week) being unable to walk sufficiently to leave my house but I am still able to have some sort of life which is more than an existence. So I have ( after a very long time) now accepted that I will need them for a long time to come and as my Dr states, I have to realise that to have any kind of life quality, I need to control my pain by taking this medication and realising that for me, it’s no different than a diabetic being reliant on insulin ( albeit they could die without it ) in order to live any kind of life . I would like to be drug free but I don’t ever see this as a possibility as over the years I have tried alternative medicines and pain patches, all to no avail and I have had two surgeries to cauterise my nerve endings around my spinal cord, to prevent the pain signals being sent to my brain but although the test surgery using a different method to block the signals , worked for a couple of days, the actual surgery used a totally different method to get long term nerves to brain signal blockers which unfortunately failed and in fact has now caused me a completely new problem where my nerves all of a sudden play dead and I fall and the falls are becoming more and more frequent.
Anyway, these drugs start as low as 5mg pills and go up incrementally 10mg pills, 20mg, 40mg, 80mg and 160mg pill.
The longer you take them, the more your body becomes dependent on them and so it could be that AM started off with a 5mg or 10mg pill and then took 20mg pill when they were no longer sufficient etc
But, whereas mine are legally prescribed, is it a case of when trying to purchase on the black market or dark web that you are able to pay different prices for different pill mg? Or do you have to get what is available at the time because its dependant on where the pills are obtained from and if legally obtained by a rogue Dr or obtained on the Streets illegally with purchasing from a street dealer ?
The reason I ask is because say for example sake, AM required 80mg in the morning and 80mg in the evening if 12 hour MST release, could it be that the 160 total mg was made up of 16 x 10mg pills at $80 per pill , equating to $1280.00 per day or 16 pills daily , that would eat into anyone’s finances much sooner and the suggested 125,000 as stated by @swedeheart in this post OR could it be $80 for an 80mg pill which equals two pills a day at a cost of $160 per day ( which means it would take a lot longer to spend all the money on these drugs as the amount that AM has suggested he’s spent and the 125,000 pills would last a lot longer).
Furthermore, I am referring to the twice daily dose with long term release. But what if AM was on Oxycodone/OxyContin short term release of ? mg every 4-6 hours?
This would cost even more money as more pills would be required if for example he was on 80mg tablets every 4-6 hours so 6 x 80mg tablets @ $80 per pill if 4 hourly = $480 per day OR 4 x 80mg tablets @ $80 per pill if 6 hourly = $320 per day BUT if for example he had to pay $80 for each 10mg pill then his 4 hour per day bill , using 4 hourly habit of 48 x 10mg pills @ $80 per pill would = $3840 per day or if 6 hourly 32 x $80 = $2560.

(Apologies for all the numbers but it really does depend on factors suchas
*what his daily dose is ?
*is that dose made up of short term quick release tablets or long term slow release tablets ?
*how many doses are required ? *what mg tablet the $80 quoted by @swedeheart refers to?

This then gives you an idea of how many tablets are required on a daily basis and what it is likely to cost .

Is it known if AM was ever legally prescribed these drugs for an injury?
And if so, STR or LTR ?
And what dose?
Thank you
All MOO

We have a pretty high number of deaths from opioids in my part of North Florida....

I personally know a number of families who have lost loved ones. In each of the cases, they started with pills, but all ended up getting hooked on the more lethal heroins and fentinyl because of the street value of the pills. But I would still be surprised if the street pills were those higher dosages. Maybe a medical or LE person knows more about street dealing to fill us in.

I still think his addiction is partial coverup.....

It was odd for his lawyers to be looking for suspects in the first place. It's almost as if they're forming a defense...

Yup. They can see the writing on the wall that AM might be charged with their murders and they are trying to get out ahead of that.
But my question is...what do The Pootster and Griffin get out of defending this publically? He clearly can't pay them. (perhaps RM is funding the defense?) And they aren't likely to win, particularly in the court of public opinion. So what is their upside? Or do they have things to hide themselves?

ETA: typo

Last edited:
These were the easiest and fastest cases to make probably. The embezzlement one will require a lot more digging, especially if it took place over several years.

Things are continuing to move though, which is a great sign. I also love the federal and state angles here.

But it all just feels so "dirty"... i dunno... i am sure legal systems everywhere are greased, massaged, and work in favor of legal beagles and the court system.... but SC is just feeling so............ slimey.
I feel that, even with all the digging, it will still be slimy, and will protect the ones investigating as well as the criminals being investigated....

I think he likes his booze also. I haven't seen that documented anywhere -- but just his appearance in photos gives me that impression.

Doesn't look as florid or puffy after being arrested and in rehab -- a few days or weeks off the alcohol makes for quite a difference in his appearance. (IMO)

i knowwwwww, right? It's almost the classic case of really slimming down for a mid-life affair to me!!!!!!!!

I’m sorry to hear this. Why do they turn to street pills? Are the prescriptions for the prescribed pills only given for a short time (but enough time for them to get hooked ) ? And are patients not weaned off them slowly under medical supervision? I am genuinely asking because there’s obviously a different approach to the prescribing of Oxycodone and OxyContin in other countries than the process we have in the U.K..

i didn't learn this much until I moved to Florida... In New England, I obviously knew of statistics, but not really personally. Down here, it DOES get really personal... Many have expressed exactly what you are stating.... valid prescription for the pains, but never enough. Seems to be the issue with "younger" folks more than elderly folks. It still seems pretty easy to get pain drugs here.... ( i know many elderly who get them), but the problems of the real addictions, and moving onto the harder drugs is with younger people. I simply do not understand the physiological reasons for this........... but I do know a lot of dead 30-40-50 somethings...............

Last edited:
Agreed, I just want answers to who killed MM and PM. To me, these are 2 different animals. If it wasn't him, I certainly don't want that to be thrown at him because he's committed all these other crimes. He can still be a piece of garbage that's not capable of killing his own wife and child.

I have numerous theories but the one I keep coming back to is that MM & PM were killed because of AM.

My next would be that AM either did it or hired the hit because of what he has created.

Still plenty of other solid possibilities and I'd assume that FBI isn't sitting on nothing.

I think he was just in too deep and couldn't right his own ship. Was compounded with years of addition and simply spiraling out of control. None of this is all that uncommon minus the double murder. I just think it that fact that it's the Murdaugh dynasty which has drawn everyone's interest.

my gut is just so strong.... that AM did orchestrate the hit.... even his "alibi" of visiting Mom, and visiting Dad.... are just so "legally " contrite.

I just want to know where all of the money is.
He didn't pay property tax, He didn't pay out settlements, cars in the firm's name, blah blah blah.
Where is all of that money?

He played around in bad circles....... I just always come back to gambling... maybe not blackjack, but big deals gone bad.....

Yup. They can see the writing on the wall that AM might be charged with their murders and they are trying to get out ahead of that.
But my question is...what do The Pootster and Griffen get out of defending this ******* publically? He clearly can't pay them. (perhaps RM is funding the defense?) And they aren't likely to win, particularly in the court of public opinion. So what is their upside? Or do they have things to hide themselves?

I’m sure the family is paying for the defense. Harp, and Swirling, are both very costly attorneys.

Totally my own thoughts here. I have not read about this either. Is there a puppet master in the background? Someone who finally had or witnessed enough bulls*** to set off the train wreck that is happening. I think AM is the true target here. Maybe someone wants to see him suffer. His wife and son are murdered and the walls of his empire are coming down.

No doubt AM has many enemies but as for his imploding empire, I think it's all 100% self-inflicted.

But my question is...what do The Pootster and Griffin get out of defending this ******* publically? He clearly can't pay them. (perhaps RM is funding the defense?) And they aren't likely to win, particularly in the court of public opinion. So what is their upside? Or do they have things to hide themselves?

ETA: typo

I think they’re working so hard because they’re protecting the whole corrupt network of lawyers, judges and low country LE and probably legislators. Maybe they aren’t part of it themselves but they’re protecting friends and the good ol’ boy system.
That’s why they don’t care if they get paid and they aren’t just lying, they’re making crap up!

I think they’re working so hard because they’re protecting the whole corrupt network of lawyers, judges and low country LE and probably legislators. Maybe they aren’t part of it themselves but they’re protecting friends and the good ol’ boy system.
That’s why they don’t care if they get paid and they aren’t just lying, they’re making crap up!

Bullseye! Power protects power - especially when an entrenched web of crimes and collusion are involved.

Indeed. I think it was in the last day or two they specified Atlanta.

I'm pretty sure there's no Atlanta, Florida.

Could it be that these lawyers.... (Duh duh duh).... Lied to us??
There are two steps, detox and rehab.
He detoxed in an Atlanta hospital, which usually takes 2-4 days, then he checked into rehab, that's a normal procedure, to detox before rehab.
Many rehab facilities will not admit you before detox.
Somewhere in this thread is a link quoting that he detoxed in Atlanta and then went to an "out of state rehab".

I’m sorry to hear this. Why do they turn to street pills? Are the prescriptions for the prescribed pills only given for a short time (but enough time for them to get hooked ) ? And are patients not weaned off them slowly under medical supervision? I am genuinely asking because there’s obviously a different approach to the prescribing of Oxycodone and OxyContin in other countries than the process we have in the U.K..
As an old person, I know many people in the US on long term prescriptions as you describe for legitimate chronic pain. They have no problem getting prescribed as long as they stick with the program and don't continually increase their dosage, "doctor shop" which is going to multiple doctors for multiple prescribers, or other signs of non compliance.
People who have a problem complying or get addicted after an injury that heals and no longer requires pain medication are slowly weaned, removing one dose a week the first month, then two a week the second month etc., until they are weaned. It is a long process.
Sometimes they are given Suboxone at the end of weaning.

I’m going to play devils advocate here with regards to the 114,000 pills.
Do you know what strength the $80 pill is in mg terms? The reason I ask is because what if that is a 5mg pill?

I am a user of Oxycodone after I suffered catastrophic injuries falling down 20ft of stairs and being temporarily paralysed and learning to walk again over an 18month period with spinal cord damages resulting from the fall and many surgeries since. I have been on pain meds , thoroughly and closely monitored by my Dr’s on a monthly basis for 12 years, if I don’t have them,then my life is one of existence with tremendous pain as opposed to living life when taking them and still being in pain and some days (often 2/3 per week) being unable to walk sufficiently to leave my house but I am still able to have some sort of life which is more than an existence. So I have ( after a very long time) now accepted that I will need them for a long time to come and as my Dr states, I have to realise that to have any kind of life quality, I need to control my pain by taking this medication and realising that for me, it’s no different than a diabetic being reliant on insulin ( albeit they could die without it ) in order to live any kind of life . I would like to be drug free but I don’t ever see this as a possibility as over the years I have tried alternative medicines and pain patches, all to no avail and I have had two surgeries to cauterise my nerve endings around my spinal cord, to prevent the pain signals being sent to my brain but although the test surgery using a different method to block the signals , worked for a couple of days, the actual surgery used a totally different method to get long term nerves to brain signal blockers which unfortunately failed and in fact has now caused me a completely new problem where my nerves all of a sudden play dead and I fall and the falls are becoming more and more frequent.
Anyway, these drugs start as low as 5mg pills and go up incrementally 10mg pills, 20mg, 40mg, 80mg and 160mg pill.
The longer you take them, the more your body becomes dependent on them and so it could be that AM started off with a 5mg or 10mg pill and then took 20mg pill when they were no longer sufficient etc
But, whereas mine are legally prescribed, is it a case of when trying to purchase on the black market or dark web that you are able to pay different prices for different pill mg? Or do you have to get what is available at the time because its dependant on where the pills are obtained from and if legally obtained by a rogue Dr or obtained on the Streets illegally with purchasing from a street dealer ?
The reason I ask is because say for example sake, AM required 80mg in the morning and 80mg in the evening if 12 hour MST release, could it be that the 160 total mg was made up of 16 x 10mg pills at $80 per pill , equating to $1280.00 per day or 16 pills daily , that would eat into anyone’s finances much sooner and the suggested 125,000 as stated by @swedeheart in this post OR could it be $80 for an 80mg pill which equals two pills a day at a cost of $160 per day ( which means it would take a lot longer to spend all the money on these drugs as the amount that AM has suggested he’s spent and the 125,000 pills would last a lot longer).
Furthermore, I am referring to the twice daily dose with long term release. But what if AM was on Oxycodone/OxyContin short term release of ? mg every 4-6 hours?
This would cost even more money as more pills would be required if for example he was on 80mg tablets every 4-6 hours so 6 x 80mg tablets @ $80 per pill if 4 hourly = $480 per day OR 4 x 80mg tablets @ $80 per pill if 6 hourly = $320 per day BUT if for example he had to pay $80 for each 10mg pill then his 4 hour per day bill , using 4 hourly habit of 48 x 10mg pills @ $80 per pill would = $3840 per day or if 6 hourly 32 x $80 = $2560.

(Apologies for all the numbers but it really does depend on factors suchas
*what his daily dose is ?
*is that dose made up of short term quick release tablets or long term slow release tablets ?
*how many doses are required ? *what mg tablet the $80 quoted by @swedeheart refers to?

This then gives you an idea of how many tablets are required on a daily basis and what it is likely to cost .

Is it known if AM was ever legally prescribed these drugs for an injury?
And if so, STR or LTR ?
And what dose?
Thank you
All MOO
My understanding when I worked as a pharmacist, was the street value of oxycontin was $1
per mg. A 40mg tablet would be $40. A previous article said MM had seen bottles of pain killers with other peoples names on them in the trash. He could have had doctors prescribing to other patients and got them for less money that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes