Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #85

Status
Not open for further replies.
Choose your airbnb carefully.

JMO

Have no fear, Megnut.

I won't be staying in Salida, but will do a day trip there with my boyfriend, only for a little sightseeing.

I've been on this thread long enough to know that BM (and this case) is no joke (and honestly, I'm a little scared about possibly running in to him). It is definitely not my style to looky-lou, so I will not be doing anything like that. I'm simply curious to see the area in real life, and got lucky that my family chose Colorado for our Christmas vacation spot this year.

:):):)

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I absolutely believe he's confident. He was arrogant enough to never lawyer up during the course of the investigation, and believed that law enforcement would buy his lies.

This is also the same guy who claimed to be working most of the day, while knowing full well that the hotel had cameras that would prove that was a lie.

It all comes back to the bike, and his belief that law enforcement would believe his (hilariously) staged scene.

As I like to say, arrogance has a way of coming back to bite you in the *advertiser censored*.
Mass
I can't wait until the day the verdict comes back.

I do wish I had your confidence MassGuy. I am incredibly nervous that he'll get off, especially if they haven't found Suzanne by then. At least in the Daybell case I am super confident of a conviction, because there they do have the bodies, poor kids.

Carol McKinley@CarolAMcKinley

Morphew was in court yesterday for a ruling regarding his bond. Judge Patrick Murphy will let him stay where he is even though it's so remote investigators can't track his ankle monitor. He'll have to check in for a download every day. #SuzanneMorphew

8:58 AM · Oct 14, 2021

NEW: Judge in Morphew case is releasing the entire case file. Court clerk says both sides are going through their motions before the release will happen. #BarryMorphew has been out on bond for three weeks.
@DenverGazette

8:56 AM · Oct 14, 2021
Does anybody really believe that the defense isn't going to pursue another bond hearing to remove the daily trip to Poncha Springs requirement?

Morphew was in court yesterday for a ruling regarding his bond. Judge Patrick Murphy will let him stay where he is even though it's so remote investigators can't track his ankle monitor. He'll have to check in for a download every day. #SuzanneMorphew

8:58 AM · Oct 14, 2021

NEW: Judge in Morphew case is releasing the entire case file. Court clerk says both sides are going through their motions before the release will happen. #BarryMorphew has been out on bond for three weeks.
@DenverGazette

8:56 AM · Oct 14, 2021
Does anybody really believe that the defense isn't going to pursue another bond hearing to remove the daily trip to Poncha Springs requirement? And will likely get what they want with this judge.

Have no fear, Megnut.

I won't be staying in Salida, but will do a day trip there with my boyfriend, only for a little sightseeing.

I've been on this thread long enough to know that BM (and this case) is no joke (and honestly, I'm a little scared about possibly running in to him). It is definitely not my style to looky-lou, so I will not be doing anything like that. I'm simply curious to see the area in real life, and got lucky that my family chose Colorado for our Christmas vacation spot this year.

:):):)

<modsnip>
I have nothing good to say about Barry <modsnip> IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
For the record, he didn't have enough time to do anything when he did his elk chasing turnaround. That was just to plant the helmet and possibly a phone that never got found. He's really worked up over that phone in the interviews. I wonder what he put on it. It's a mystery that's never getting solved.
a phone with the charger.....something an abductor or Gone Girl wouldn't do....imo.

I do wish I had your confidence MassGuy. I am incredibly nervous that he'll get off, especially if they haven't found Suzanne by then. At least in the Daybell case I am super confident of a conviction, because there they do have the bodies, poor kids.
The SM cell phone and communication blackout from about 2:30pm on Saturday which was permanent....with Barry claiming to be with SM for a minimum of 14+ hours during that dark period is something Barry cannot refute or explain. He himself placed his whereabouts with his wife during that entire time (while his phone is flipping on and off of airplane mode). And others were trying to reach her and could not...which was entirely out of the ordinary. No one saw SM alive after Barry did....ever. He can't get around that fact...imo....body or no body.

The SM cell phone and communication blackout from about 2:30pm on Saturday which was permanent....with Barry claiming to be with SM for a minimum of 14+ hours during that dark period is something Barry cannot refute or explain. He himself placed his whereabouts with his wife during that entire time (while his phone is flipping on and off of airplane mode). And others were trying to reach her and could not...which was entirely out of the ordinary. No one saw SM alive after Barry did....ever. He can't get around that fact...imo....body or no body.
I'm curious, if sometimes there will appear someone, who witnessed SD with BM on May 9th and thought, it was his wife Suzanne. I'm not convinced, BM wouldn't have played a little bit with their similarity (just as SD said and because she said it) before vamoosing* to Broomfield the next morning.

* I like the vocabulary. Never heard.

Last edited:
I have nothing good to say about Barry but your Beverly Hillbillies comment is offensive IMO

The term hillbilly certainly can be offensive. The image the term "Beverly Hillbillies" conjures up is spot on, though.
Beverly-Hillbillies.jpg

I think this case can be won, but I believe it requires a skilled prosecution team that is very experienced in this type of case. Sadly, my current money is on Eytan Nielsen. They might be annoying but they are doing an excellent job for Barry. I can see them gutting the case by having much of the strong evidence ruled inadmissible, by whatever means they are able to present. I think the state needs a bigger boat.

I think this case can be won, but I believe it requires a skilled prosecution team that is very experienced in this type of case. Sadly, my current money is on Eytan Nielsen. They might be annoying but they are doing an excellent job for Barry. I can see them gutting the case by having much of the strong evidence ruled inadmissible, by whatever means they are able to present. I think the state needs a bigger boat.
The witnesses testimony of the evidence presented (and quality thereof) combined with Barry's inconsistent statements can be the difference beyond a reasonable doubt. However, it will have to be much sharper and more definitive than what we saw in the PH...such as "I'm not an expert on this or that"....or, "I don't know" to something that should be known. That won't cut it. I hope the witness list is complete by the prosecution...with the defense unable to suck up all the oxygen in the courtroom. They will object to the color of the wallpaper, I'm sure....but the judge will need to keep the courtroom fair for both sides. Barry did it...we know that. He has not managed to cover all of his tracks....just some of them. There is enough evidence to discount Gone Girl, SODDI or Predators in the Forest....and hang the rap around the real culprit's neck, where it belongs. If the prosecution needs outside legal expertise, they should put any pride or reservations aside and get it....I for one think it would be a good idea.

What weighs heavy on my mind is we are basing all our assumptions on what was in the arrest warrant or learned from the preliminary of what we've been exposed to in social media. We have seen snippets of texts, we have read snippets of conversation that various LE personnel had with Barry. We, unlike the defense or the prosecution, have not read the bulk of the discovery. We also have surmised alot about SD but nothing so far that is connected that we know of to the case...if the connection is made in my opinion it muddies the idea that no one but Barry had motive.

Agreed! Love your Jaws reference. They definitely need a bigger boat!

What weighs heavy on my mind is we are basing all our assumptions on what was in the arrest warrant or learned from the preliminary of what we've been exposed to in social media. We have seen snippets of texts, we have read snippets of conversation that various LE personnel had with Barry. We, unlike the defense or the prosecution, have not read the bulk of the discovery. We also have surmised alot about SD but nothing so far that is connected that we know of to the case...if the connection is made in my opinion it muddies the idea that no one but Barry had motive.
It doesn't matter if anyone else had motive. Barry was the only one with the means and opportunity.

No one is else was with her when her digital footprint ceased, and Suzanne suddenly went dark forever.

No one else could have turned off her phone before Barry left, and been at both the bike and helmet locations.

No one else had the most damning "alibi" I've ever seen.

The witnesses testimony of the evidence presented (and quality thereof) combined with Barry's inconsistent statements can be the difference beyond a reasonable doubt. However, it will have to be much sharper and more definitive than what we saw in the PH...such as "I'm not an expert on this or that"....or, "I don't know" to something that should be known. That won't cut it. I hope the witness list is complete by the prosecution...with the defense unable to suck up all the oxygen in the courtroom. They will object to the color of the wallpaper, I'm sure....but the judge will need to keep the courtroom fair for both sides. Barry did it...we know that. He has not managed to cover all of his tracks....just some of them. There is enough evidence to discount Gone Girl, SODDI or Predators in the Forest....and hang the rap around the real culprit's neck, where it belongs. If the prosecution needs outside legal expertise, they should put any pride or reservations aside and get it....I for one think it would be a good idea.

There were 120 witnesses on the witness list - most of them not LE. While there will certainly be LE and other experts, I do believe that other witnesses (particularly MG and CC) will have quite a bit to say.

Oh I absolutely believe he's confident. He was arrogant enough to never lawyer up during the course of the investigation, and believed that law enforcement would buy his lies.

This is also the same guy who claimed to be working most of the day, while knowing full well that the hotel had cameras that would prove that was a lie.

It all comes back to the bike, and his belief that law enforcement would believe his (hilariously) staged scene.

As I like to say, arrogance has a way of coming back to bite you in the *advertiser censored*.

I can't wait until the day the verdict comes back.

I mean, if you're gonna stage a bike wreck, go the extra mile and actually wreck the bike. Wear a helmet, or don't. Not a big deal if an abusive wife-killer cracks his skull open on a rock.

Stanley did say on Profiling Evil that she intends to expand her team. Jeff Lindsey is no certainly no slouch though.

The defense cannot succeed in excluding things like the countless hours of interviews with Barry, all the digital evidence, the surveillance footage, etc. Those are the things that matter.

What they very well may be able to exclude, is some of the incendiary stuff, like Barry being a conman, talking about his daughter's virginity at the dinner table, Barry displaying creepy behavior with that masseuse, his *advertiser censored* searches, and things like that.

I can more than live with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member