Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup profiting and other neighbors suffering!

Brian Laundrie's neighbors reportedly rent property to media

Some of the fugitive’s neighbors are making a quick buck by charging media outlets as much as $3,500 a week to camp out in their yards.

More enterprising nabes also have been providing tents, internet service, chairs, water and even bathroom access to the throng of reporters gathered in North Port, the outlet reported. CBS News, Fox News and ABC News are among the outlets that have rented out spots.

Demand for space on private property grew when police cracked down on the media circus by banning journalists from parking on the streets and disrupting traffic in the neighborhood.

Tempers recently boiled over when a neighbor was caught on video walking toward two protesters in the area and yelling at them after claiming they had trespassed on his property, according to Newsweek.
brian-laundrie-neighbors-7.jpg

brian-laundrie-neighbors-2.jpg

brian-laundrie-neighbors-5.jpg

“You ain’t no f—- sleuth! You can sit here all you want with your megaphone. I don’t care, but you come on my property again, I’m going to f—- beat your a—-,” the neighbor can be heard saying in the clip posted on Twitter by Brian Entin of News Nation Now.

“You’re going to prison!” the protester shouts back at the neighbor, who was reportedly arrested later and charged with battery, according to Fox News.
Un-freaking-believable! So the homeowner went to jail? What a total crap show.

It's THIS, that keeps the media coming back day after day. Without THIS, would the media pack up, go home, on to the next story?

The media, Tik Tok, Twitter, television celebrities, forums like WS, FB are keeping GPs story alive.

It is my believe, if the neighbors were bothered or felt threaten they would contact NPPD. Neighbors have allowed or rented property to the media, allowed protesters in their yards, and apparently not overly complaining to LE, as I don't see a continuous presence.

MOO....

If the neighbors aren't bothered by this, their own behavior is very aligned with the Laundrie's, who either aren't bothered by the most heinous behavior or have the ability to act like heinous behavior is not bothersome.

This is a fair thought. One I considered even initially. Then I wondered why go pick up the car and wait a total of 5 days after he left to alert LE to your concerns. Everyone is different as a parent, but I feel I would have been concerned the very first night he didn’t come home, note or no note.

True!
Without a note .......I still think he killed.himself!
Not so sure he could.live with what he had done!
I dont believe he told his parents!
Sure they knew something was wrong but didn't know what!
Not.till the calls and the cops ...then he went.poof
I do think he's in the preserve!

Now, apparently, he left on Monday, not Tuesday. They had their lawyer contact LE on Friday, IIRC. Then waited until the next day to even mention the locality of the Mustang. So that's 4-6 days (Monday to Saturday....... depending on how you count)....to have the story come out in dribbles. I don't think they had or have much worry that his life was/is in danger. IMO

iirc, the laundries reported BL missing friday evening, then called NPPD on saturday and said the last place he had gone before going "missing" was carlton reserve...why not give this information on friday? if i'm not remembering correctly, please someone correct me, and i will delete...moo

iirc, the laundries reported BL missing friday evening, then called NPPD on saturday and said the last place he had gone before going "missing" was carlton reserve...why not give this information on friday? if i'm not remembering correctly, please someone correct me, and i will delete...moo
If my only son went missing.....aside from waiting so many days.....I would call a lawyer instead of LE? Corrected: if ANY of my sons or daughters......

I'm betting that they thought the van was registered to Brian. So, he brought HIS van home. I bet J Petito in one of the calls or text said something like is Gabby's van sitting in your driveway? Where is Gabby, the owner of the van? jmo
J petite would not have asked if the van was in the driveway, because he didn’t know Brian was home until they reported Gaby missing and LE found the van. They were concerned that they had not heard from their daughter and were reaching out to see if the Laundries had. MOO

I find myself being shocked by each offensive statement by SB, the Laundries' attorney. But then I caution myself by remembering who hired him and who must be in agreement with all of his representation. He does work for the Laundries; they are in charge of hiring and firing him. They must agree with his POV. At least they're consistent. Of course this is only my view and opinion.

It was ON when the family allowed their representative to release a statement, speaking for them, that referred to Gabby -- their son's dead girlfriend/fiancé and their housemate -- as "Ms. Petito."

These people are PROFITING from the death of 22 year old. Gaining Money, moments of fame on camera, likes, clicks ... How vile!

That this got so much media attention is great for Gabby and her family. They will get as much of ones due as can be when losing a child. Not enough. Never enough. Very few of such cases get all of this.

And there are many milking this to make $$$$. Lots of money in this. IMO, SB, the attorney not off mark in his remarks.

Former FBI agent Jennifer Coffindaffer says she "remains skeptical" that Laundrie is hiding out in the reserve, but admits detectives may find photos or text messages that could prove the fugitive is in the park.

Authorities seized Laundrie's cell phone last month after he left it at home.

She told NewsNationNow: “Maybe there was a witness that saw him enter the campground, or perhaps there was a witness who took a photograph."
FBI 'may have pics or texts PROVING Brian Laundrie is in Carlton Reserve'

The investigator's biggest motivator and goal is to make sure that this case is pursued properly because they would never want to make the public happy in the moment and then lose the case at trial,” Fox said. “And so sometimes, a little patience goes a long way.”

Arruda agreed, saying, “If law enforcement is searching the Carlton Reserve, as they are and have been for weeks, there's a reason why they're searching there.”

But as the search for Laundrie continues, and the bigger the search area gets, the harder it will be to find him, according to Chris Boyer, executive director for National Association for Search and Rescue.

“The math is ‘rate times time equals distance,’ and that's your search area,” Boyer said. “So it now covers most of the United States, probably parts of contiguous Canada and Mexico if you really want to get technical about it. That's how hard it is to find him.”
Brian Laundrie search: Experts still back North Port Police handling of case

News Releases (U.S. National Park Service)

Absolutely sickening. It's vile and just beyond me. I feel MSM and other "creators" need to stop videoing these attention seeking fools.

No airtime = no 5 minutes of fame.
Were the market for the product vanished, the product will cease. The reason the media and their kin produce the content is because people consume it. I honestly don't get the attraction to the whole thing and have watched not even one minute of video about this... but that's just me.

According to Dr Dan Field, who has been an expert witness in strangulation and homicide cases, killing someone by strangulation is a "long and deliberate" process that takes roughly between 62 to 157 seconds depending on the severity of the attack. The doctor explained that victims may lose consciousness within the first five to 10 seconds of being strangled. This happens due to a combined lack of oxygen, reflexes, as well the obstruction of blood flow to the brain. Seizures can occur between 11 and 17 seconds of being strangled. After 30 seconds, the victim is said to lose control of their organs. "It is surprisingly quick, but it's not a moment," Field explained to Fox News. "It's not a flap. It's not the pulling of a trigger."
Homicide expert says Gabby Petito had a ‘long and deliberate’ death from strangulation

eta: I don’t think that if we were to locate his body in the preserve that it is going to benefit one way or the other the investigation,” said Peter Massey, a forensics expert. “It will provide closure to the Laundrie family. I don’t think it is going to provide closure for the Petito family. They want to know how, why, when — all those important things.”
Search for Brian Laundrie resumes with cadaver dogs

Last edited:
Honestly it's my hope the FBI isn't mucking about in the bank accts of the Laundries' attorney, the Laundries' and their extended family members. They'd need warrants to do it legally and I don't see how they could get those based on what we know now.

We all want BL found but I don't want that if it means giving the government even more power.
JMO

They can get that info quickly and routinely. From what I saw coming out of the Laundrie’s house when LE entered after Missing Persons was filed, the parents turned over a lot of access to personal stuff. Hard drives were in the mix there. Also when BL got warrant for arrest for,… well, bank fraud, they could pull stuff.

It’s not like the family is rolling in the money. I don’t think their finances so complex or hidden, yet I do not believe they kept large amounts under their floorboards.

bbm...i hope this is the case, but i'm afraid sending this text might have been the last thing he did before he left wyoming...i hope i'm wrong...moo

Her phone went silent after that. Neither his nor her phones active after August. It is not clear if he even had a working phone. I suspect, MOO, he used all of Gabby’s stuff. Van, bank accounts, cards, phones etc. Not saying he did not contribute to them—heck, his money could have been the lions share in there. But some people that way. Like not having official accounts. One of my kids went through thst Phase as did a brother. Made no sense to me as they still used those “chattels”. They just used everyone else’s. Was a problem for my son when he finally tried to join the accounts World with no credit.

If he were suicidal, Florida has the Baker Act. He would have been held if he were.
Since they didn't Baker Act him, that would likely be a "no". Well, at least if they could find him to Baker Act him that is.
People in FL don't get Baker Acted easily. It takes more than just saying "I'm tired of living, I've got too many problems, and I want to die right now". If you report someone to the police for saying things like that, the police will come and talk to the person, and as long as you can converse normally while LE is talking to you and tell them you're not serious about self-harm, you can go on your way. I know someone who was reported by his employer after freaking out at work. He up and left his shift and on the way home, he was basically closed in on by LE. They recommended mental help but after questioning, he was allowed to go home without being Baker Acted.
https://www.myflfamilies.com/service-programs/samh/crisis-services/laws/bainvex.pdf

According to Dr Dan Field, who has been an expert witness in strangulation and homicide cases, killing someone by strangulation is a "long and deliberate" process that takes roughly between 62 to 157 seconds depending on the severity of the attack. The doctor explained that victims may lose consciousness within the first five to 10 seconds of being strangled. This happens due to a combined lack of oxygen, reflexes, as well the obstruction of blood flow to the brain. Seizures can occur between 11 and 17 seconds of being strangled. After 30 seconds, the victim is said to lose control of their organs. "It is surprisingly quick, but it's not a moment," Field explained to Fox News. "It's not a flap. It's not the pulling of a trigger."
Homicide expert says Gabby Petito had a ‘long and deliberate’ death from strangulation

eta: I don’t think that if we were to locate his body in the preserve that it is going to benefit one way or the other the investigation,” said Peter Massey, a forensics expert. “It will provide closure to the Laundrie family. I don’t think it is going to provide closure for the Petito family. They want to know how, why, when — all those important things.”
Search for Brian Laundrie resumes with cadaver dogs

I agree that this is more ominous than pushing someone who slips and hits head, or someone spontaneously picking up a board or something and hitting someone with it in burst of anger, or even self defense in a stupid fight.

Were the market for the product vanished, the product will cease. The reason the media and their kin produce the content is because people consume it. I honestly don't get the attraction to the whole thing and have watched not even one minute of video about this... but that's just me.
I don't watch what is taking place at Laundrie's house. It makes me cringe watching people yelling in bullhorns and parading up and down the street blasting obnoxious 80's music. I think many have lost their focus of the case.
I have had to stop watching any videos of what is taking place at their house. I started cutting back on how much time I spend on this case. I am not getting things done at home. LOL. I still enjoy watching live stream of the chopper over the Reserve, though.:) jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23