Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1449017291325247499?s=20
"Law enforcement and search crews are back at the Carlton Reserve this morning. This time on the North Port side."

There's definitely something in there, or they would not be wasting time & resources like this. MOO.
You have a strong point, but I am not yet convinced he is there (or still there, because I think he may have been there at one point). It doesn't seem to me like an idyllic place to commit suicide, and his parents said that he brought his hiking pack with him. I'm open to the idea that a gator, cougar, or other animal killed or fatally injured him. I'd sure like to know what the dogs they have been using picked up. JMHO.

I don't see what evidence JW has. But you stated "My bet is that his parents could have driven him to the border on the 7th September (as they claimed they left the family camping trip on the 7th even though they booked until the 8th)."

I don't quite see how that works.

The camping trip was Mon Sept 6-Wed Sept 8

They did check in on Monday, not Tues. They had reserved the spot for the 6 & 7, checking out on the 8th. That was always the plan as far as I know. Two nights were booked allowing them access to the camping area part of Wed daytime.

Are you suggesting they snuck out of the campground on the 6th after checking in? And Cassie is lying? And the photos are fake? And no one from the campground noticed their paid-for prime spot was empty?

Seems unlikely to me.

JMO

NO I thought I read that the family went camping on 6th when they had dinner with Cassie and family. I realise they were booked from 6th leaving on the 8th but I thought that I read that they have claimed since that they left on the 7th.

I have never thought that BL would have gone to the Carlton Reserve. Perhaps he went there earlier so that his DNA would be there and his parents staged the Mustang. IMO the only reason to go there would be to suicide but IMO his body would have been found by now if that was the case.

I am now tending towards agreeing with John Walsh that BL is in Mexico. However, I'm wondering how it could have been possible so I need your help.

My bet is that his parents could have driven him to the border on the 7th September (as they claimed they left the family camping trip on the 7th even though they booked until the 8th). There is apparently a border crossing where we have been told it is easy to get through. Then he could have walked across. Does anyone know what towns are near that border? Would it be Brownsville? It's a 21 hour trip by car so would take at least two days but with three drivers on the way there, and two drivers on the return, the whole return trip for the parents could have taken three days so they would be back by the 10th September. North Port Police showed up at the family home on 11 September.

Maybe it would have been easier for BL to fly from Tampa to Mexico City which takes 6 hours but it is not direct or from Orlando there are direct 4 hour flights. In either of these two modes of getting to Mexico, he would have to have used his own ID and would need to have had a passport, Covid vaccine proof or a Covid test. He would possibly not have had time to get a fake ID unless they are instant online. He could apply for that when in Mexico.

Although US citizens do not need a visa for Mexico for short stays, they are required to obtain a Forma Migratoria Multiple (FMM) document to present upon arrival at Mexican border control. Also known as a tourist card for Mexico, the FMM is an obligatory requirement for all US citizens traveling more than 20 kilometers into Mexican territory, and planning to stay more than 72 hours. A Mexican tourist card for United States citizens is a single-entry document which becomes invalid once the holder leaves Mexico, meaning that it is necessary to submit a new FMM for every trip to the country.

Mexico Entry and FMM Requirements for US Citizens

Many US citizens I have met in my travels (I am Australian) have retired in Mexico and love it there especially in Jalisco. It is also very cheap to live there and has a good climate. BL could blend in there well as he has dark hair (if he grows it) and can speak Spanish. It is quite possible that BL's parents have contacts there where BL could live for a while until he can find work. His face would not be as recognisable there as it would be in the US. The parents could use this contact to communicate with and send money to BL when necessary as he would have left with a stash of cash.

Hiking in the winter in the US IMO would be difficult in BL's situation. There are apparently over 1,000 fugitives from the US currently living in Mexico. Mexico will not extradite US citizens if they are likely to face the death penalty. I heard that the death penalty would be off the table for BL.

The problem with the Mexico scenario is that BL might have had to use his own identity to get into Mexico so there would be records. But with the focus of the FBI on the Carlton Reserve, have they even checked flights? If they have, did they check them for between 7th and 10th September when they believed BL was still living with his parents? BL has not been seen since 6th September.

What do you think?
I have never thought that BL would have gone to the Carlton Reserve. Perhaps he went there earlier so that his DNA would be there and his parents staged the Mustang. IMO the only reason to go there would be to suicide but IMO his body would have been found by now if that was the case.

I am now tending towards agreeing with John Walsh that BL is in Mexico. However, I'm wondering how it could have been possible so I need your help.

My bet is that his parents could have driven him to the border on the 7th September (as they claimed they left the family camping trip on the 7th even though they booked until the 8th). There is apparently a border crossing where we have been told it is easy to get through. Then he could have walked across. Does anyone know what towns are near that border? Would it be Brownsville? It's a 21 hour trip by car so would take at least two days but with three drivers on the way there, and two drivers on the return, the whole return trip for the parents could have taken three days so they would be back by the 10th September. North Port Police showed up at the family home on 11 September.

Maybe it would have been easier for BL to fly from Tampa to Mexico City which takes 6 hours but it is not direct or from Orlando there are direct 4 hour flights. In either of these two modes of getting to Mexico, he would have to have used his own ID and would need to have had a passport, Covid vaccine proof or a Covid test. He would possibly not have had time to get a fake ID unless they are instant online. He could apply for that when in Mexico.

Although US citizens do not need a visa for Mexico for short stays, they are required to obtain a Forma Migratoria Multiple (FMM) document to present upon arrival at Mexican border control. Also known as a tourist card for Mexico, the FMM is an obligatory requirement for all US citizens traveling more than 20 kilometers into Mexican territory, and planning to stay more than 72 hours. A Mexican tourist card for United States citizens is a single-entry document which becomes invalid once the holder leaves Mexico, meaning that it is necessary to submit a new FMM for every trip to the country.

Mexico Entry and FMM Requirements for US Citizens

Many US citizens I have met in my travels (I am Australian) have retired in Mexico and love it there especially in Jalisco. It is also very cheap to live there and has a good climate. BL could blend in there well as he has dark hair (if he grows it) and can speak Spanish. It is quite possible that BL's parents have contacts there where BL could live for a while until he can find work. His face would not be as recognisable there as it would be in the US. The parents could use this contact to communicate with and send money to BL when necessary as he would have left with a stash of cash.

Hiking in the winter in the US IMO would be difficult in BL's situation. There are apparently over 1,000 fugitives from the US currently living in Mexico. Mexico will not extradite US citizens if they are likely to face the death penalty. I heard that the death penalty would be off the table for BL.

The problem with the Mexico scenario is that BL might have had to use his own identity to get into Mexico so there would be records. But with the focus of the FBI on the Carlton Reserve, have they even checked flights? If they have, did they check them for between 7th and 10th September when they believed BL was still living with his parents? BL has not been seen since 6th September.

What do you think?
MOO I can’t get on board with the Mexico theory. It’s too complicated and I don’t think even with help in the beginning that BL would be able to make it on his own in a foreign country long term. Just my opinion but he seems too immature to pull it off.

what were the low temps in Sarasota the week BL was missing? ..Sept 13-17?

fF_sQFWW_mini.jpg

Allyson Henning
@WFLAAllyson
· 1m
Police tape now up at the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park (North Port side of Carlton Reserve) as the search for Brian Laundrie continues. @WFLA DETAILS: Brian Laundrie search: Carlton Reserve entrance taped off by law enforcement | WFLA

https://twitter.com/WFLAAllyson/status/1449023113354752000

You have a strong point, but I am not yet convinced he is there (or still there, because I think he may have been there at one point). It doesn't seem to me like an idyllic place to commit suicide, and his parents said that he brought his hiking pack with him. I'm open to the idea that a gator, cougar or other animal killed or fatally injured him. I'd sure like to know what the dogs they have been using picked up. JMHO.
Or could be they found someone else’s remains

I think it's possible previous HRD dog(s) searching the Reserve were indicating on HR, but could not give a final trained response. This is a frustrating place to be for the dog and handler. The original source odor can be within 1-2 miles. The environment can change the way scent pools and travels. A deceased person is stationary and not moving this creates different challenges vs. a live find dog tracking a person on the move.

So they bring in a different HRD dog, that handler most likely not given (and most likely would not want) any previous dog tracking details to see if their dog can confirm or rule out HR in the area.

I still believe there's a reason LE remains at the Reserve. IMO

It doesn't seem to me like an idyllic place to commit suicide, and his parents said that he brought his hiking pack with him.

Snipped by me. Yeah, it's not idyllic, but it is close to home, difficult to search, obviously means something to him (he's walked it a few times I believe, including with his dad). So maybe convenience > idyllic? MOO

Not possible. The parents said they were out for several hours Monday 9/13 looking for him. They also reported last seeing him with a hiking pack with waist strap.
This is what I don’t understand, they said he was wearing a backpack, why no mention of his clothes or the colour of the backpack. I just read that they SAW him that day before he went off for a hike, so why if he’s a missing person at that point and now a fugitive, have the FBI not released last seen wearing, he’s not going to be able to take a full wardrobe full of clothes with him in a backpack, say his T-shirt for example was red that would surely stand out and could be quite useful. I just don’t get it. All MOO

I understand that, still would like to know why 2 adults, via passing a card to LE, can represent another adult not present. I don't think LE laid eyes on BL since Moab, but am willing to be corrected....
If LE did contact the attorney afterwards, the lawyer could just tell them BL is his client and he isn't going to be talking. I don't see why BL presence is necessary. Anyway, whether a person has a lawyer or not, they can still enforce the same rights unless LE has a warrant.
Frequently Asked Questions | Pensacola Crime Lawyer James Jenkins
Can a Law Enforcement Officer Detain You Without Arresting You?

Yes, with limitations. Under Florida law, based upon reasonable suspicion that you may be involved in criminal activity, a police officer may require you to identify yourself and explain your presence at a particular time, without arresting you. Under Florida law the officer may not remove you from the immediate vicinity without making an arrest, unless you voluntarily accompany the officer to some other location.

Just an uninformed opinion because I have not participated;

Reasonable doubt has already been established - No specific day of death can be determined.
BL's presence at time of death cannot be proven, cryptic sightings of him in different locations offering money for rides making sure he was seen.

A plausible story that he left and returned, found her dead, panicked and drove home then wandered off.
He is not suicidal IMO. If he was we would be looking at a murder/ suicide. Murderous rage is more likely.

It would be comm0n for a perp to disappear by entering a rehab or psych hospital protected by HIPAA.
He could be sectioned by an MD and the Lawyer and family may not know his whereabouts and MD would not be obligated to reveal that.

Reasonable Doubt - Physical presence at the time of death, questions of mental incapacity, change of venue/ impartial jury selection, etc are all falling into place, IMO

I believe that the lawyer will announce that BL will be turning himself in.
Just waiting for charges/ indictments to be announced?

Sorry I have not followed that closely!

A thought and a question:
Since a strangulation victim looses consciousness after about 10 seconds and it takes about 50 more seconds to die, it would seem that the killer would have to have the intent to kill in order to complete the act. I would think if it was just an argument that had just gone too far, the person would let go as soon as the other passes out.

Dr. Blue said the determination of strangulation as COD was not an easy one, so how did they determine MOD was homicide so soon after discovery of remains? I'm thinking there some attempt to hide the body, maybe with brush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637