Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never thought that BL would have gone to the Carlton Reserve. Perhaps he went there earlier so that his DNA would be there and his parents staged the Mustang. IMO the only reason to go there would be to suicide but IMO his body would have been found by now if that was the case.

I am now tending towards agreeing with John Walsh that BL is in Mexico. However, I'm wondering how it could have been possible so I need your help.

My bet is that his parents could have driven him to the border on the 7th September (as they claimed they left the family camping trip on the 7th even though they booked until the 8th). There is apparently a border crossing where we have been told it is easy to get through. Then he could have walked across. Does anyone know what towns are near that border? Would it be Brownsville? It's a 21 hour trip by car so would take at least two days but with three drivers on the way there, and two drivers on the return, the whole return trip for the parents could have taken three days so they would be back by the 10th September. North Port Police showed up at the family home on 11 September.

Maybe it would have been easier for BL to fly from Tampa to Mexico City which takes 6 hours but it is not direct or from Orlando there are direct 4 hour flights. In either of these two modes of getting to Mexico, he would have to have used his own ID and would need to have had a passport, Covid vaccine proof or a Covid test. He would possibly not have had time to get a fake ID unless they are instant online. He could apply for that when in Mexico.

Although US citizens do not need a visa for Mexico for short stays, they are required to obtain a Forma Migratoria Multiple (FMM) document to present upon arrival at Mexican border control. Also known as a tourist card for Mexico, the FMM is an obligatory requirement for all US citizens traveling more than 20 kilometers into Mexican territory, and planning to stay more than 72 hours. A Mexican tourist card for United States citizens is a single-entry document which becomes invalid once the holder leaves Mexico, meaning that it is necessary to submit a new FMM for every trip to the country.

Mexico Entry and FMM Requirements for US Citizens

Many US citizens I have met in my travels (I am Australian) have retired in Mexico and love it there especially in Jalisco. It is also very cheap to live there and has a good climate. BL could blend in there well as he has dark hair (if he grows it) and can speak Spanish. It is quite possible that BL's parents have contacts there where BL could live for a while until he can find work. His face would not be as recognisable there as it would be in the US. The parents could use this contact to communicate with and send money to BL when necessary as he would have left with a stash of cash.

Hiking in the winter in the US IMO would be difficult in BL's situation. There are apparently over 1,000 fugitives from the US currently living in Mexico. Mexico will not extradite US citizens if they are likely to face the death penalty. I heard that the death penalty would be off the table for BL.

The problem with the Mexico scenario is that BL might have had to use his own identity to get into Mexico so there would be records. But with the focus of the FBI on the Carlton Reserve, have they even checked flights? If they have, did they check them for between 7th and 10th September when they believed BL was still living with his parents? BL has not been seen since 6th September.

What do you think?
Just a small note - the mustang was not at the Carlton Reserve. It was parked and ticketed at Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park.

they only need it for a wire tap through the telecommunication regs?

but a wireless bug since the FBI is outside do they still need it? a warrant I mean .. i guess it would be sealed and we don't know

I'm certainly under the impression that surreptitious installation of listening devices inside a person's home requires a warrant. I hope I'm not wrong. But you are correct we wouldn't know if there was a warrant. I just can't imagine one would have been granted at that time. (Or even now for the Laundries) But I'm not an attorney.

JMO

Does LE think BL is dead? Have they ever said they think that? I don't get why the cadaver dog is searching the reserve.

I believe it's more likely BL hightailed it out of Florida and is hiding somewhere but they must know something to the contrary, and if so I wish they would make some kind of statement. Just what they are looking for.

Has the reserve been re-opened to the public?

IIRC they said theres a 50/50 chance he's alive.

Now, apparently, he left on Monday, not Tuesday. They had their lawyer contact LE on Friday, IIRC. Then waited until the next day to even mention the locality of the Mustang. So that's 5-6 days....to have the story come out in dribbles. I don't think they had or have much worry that his life was/is in danger. IMO
I'm thinking that they picked dates to say he left out of convenience to fit with the timeline of their story. Oops, Tuesday the 14th didn't work, so they picked Monday the 13th. But really, who's to say he didn't leave before that? He could have left the night the van was hauled away (Sat pm around 11pm) or Sunday, the 12th. I don't think we have any video of the van being hauled, 11th pm so we don't know if any of the Laundries were home for that event....at least, I don't! jmo

The kidnapping and killing of JW's son was awful. But it happened over 40 years ago. Since then, people have become more aware 1) There can be risks for innocent people in speaking to LE 2) Everyone should speak to a lawyer if asked to be interviewed by LE 3) Polygraphs are risky. Innocent people can look guilty.

JMO
Also, as I see it there are (at least) two John Walsh's... John Walsh the father... and John Walsh the television personality. Sure, I suspect there are more facets (as there are to any human being). Today, in my view, we are being exposed to (primarily) the television personality... yes, who still utilizes the father aspect to one degree or another to support his present public figure aspect.. I honestly, think he's immaterial and irrelevant to the death of Petito and the search for Laundrie.

Last edited:
Is it possible that BL could have assumed a dead person's identity or plans to?

Douglas Garland committed a triple murder in Calgary, Alberta in 2014. Looking into his past, he had assumed the identity of a young boy who had been killed in a car accident in 1980. He was able to get identification papers.

Maybe it is not possible today.

Who is Calgary triple-murder suspect Douglas Garland? | Globalnews.ca

I have never thought that BL would have gone to the Carlton Reserve. Perhaps he went there earlier so that his DNA would be there and his parents staged the Mustang. IMO the only reason to go there would be to suicide but IMO his body would have been found by now if that was the case.

I am now tending towards agreeing with John Walsh that BL is in Mexico. However, I'm wondering how it could have been possible so I need your help.

My bet is that his parents could have driven him to the border on the 7th September (as they claimed they left the family camping trip on the 7th even though they booked until the 8th). There is apparently a border crossing where we have been told it is easy to get through. Then he could have walked across. Does anyone know what towns are near that border? Would it be Brownsville? It's a 21 hour trip by car so would take at least two days but with three drivers on the way there, and two drivers on the return, the whole return trip for the parents could have taken three days so they would be back by the 10th September. North Port Police showed up at the family home on 11 September.

Maybe it would have been easier for BL to fly from Tampa to Mexico City which takes 6 hours but it is not direct or from Orlando there are direct 4 hour flights. In either of these two modes of getting to Mexico, he would have to have used his own ID and would need to have had a passport, Covid vaccine proof or a Covid test. He would possibly not have had time to get a fake ID unless they are instant online. He could apply for that when in Mexico.

Although US citizens do not need a visa for Mexico for short stays, they are required to obtain a Forma Migratoria Multiple (FMM) document to present upon arrival at Mexican border control. Also known as a tourist card for Mexico, the FMM is an obligatory requirement for all US citizens traveling more than 20 kilometers into Mexican territory, and planning to stay more than 72 hours. A Mexican tourist card for United States citizens is a single-entry document which becomes invalid once the holder leaves Mexico, meaning that it is necessary to submit a new FMM for every trip to the country.

Mexico Entry and FMM Requirements for US Citizens

Many US citizens I have met in my travels (I am Australian) have retired in Mexico and love it there especially in Jalisco. It is also very cheap to live there and has a good climate. BL could blend in there well as he has dark hair (if he grows it) and can speak Spanish. It is quite possible that BL's parents have contacts there where BL could live for a while until he can find work. His face would not be as recognisable there as it would be in the US. The parents could use this contact to communicate with and send money to BL when necessary as he would have left with a stash of cash.

Hiking in the winter in the US IMO would be difficult in BL's situation. There are apparently over 1,000 fugitives from the US currently living in Mexico. Mexico will not extradite US citizens if they are likely to face the death penalty. I heard that the death penalty would be off the table for BL.

The problem with the Mexico scenario is that BL might have had to use his own identity to get into Mexico so there would be records. But with the focus of the FBI on the Carlton Reserve, have they even checked flights? If they have, did they check them for between 7th and 10th September when they believed BL was still living with his parents? BL has not been seen since 6th September.

What do you think?

JMHO ..... I think it's very possible POI BL made it to Mexico but not by air.

I can agree that POI BL hasn't been seen by anyone but his immediate family after the camping trip.

I do think the POI BL parents helped with him disappearing, who knows the parents got help from longtime friends. I'm sure the parents know of at least one individual named Stan.

ETA:

I think POI BL is too much of a COWARD to turn himself in and too much of a COWARD to do himself in.

Which Laundrie will BLINK first?

Last edited:
Anyone know what police tape is used for? Does it indicate active crime scene always?
FYI, when zooming in on Goggle map view of the Spread Creek area, it looked like tape or ribbon was being used to mark some areas in some camping spots. That may explain the figure-8 shaped tape next to the oblong tent in the Chopper8 video.

Does LE think BL is dead? Have they ever said they think that? I don't get why the cadaver dog is searching the reserve.

I believe it's more likely BL hightailed it out of Florida and is hiding somewhere but they must know something to the contrary, and if so I wish they would make some kind of statement. Just what they are looking for.

Has the reserve been re-opened to the public?

To my knowledge it's been closed all along. MOO

Amen to that. All the public communication volleys from both attorney's, law enforcement, television personalities, and others is - to me in my opinion - just bizarre. And the people that eat up that nonsense are little better. From what I know - which probably wouldn't fit on the head of the figurative pin - Bertolino is spot on about the two he took a shot at. Indeed, neither's Q score is what they once were... and p=both are longing to launch new product. They need - in their business - attention and media presence on them.
I may have agreed with you prior to the death of my child.
What these men have in common are that they have lost children.
I highly doubt "new product" has anything to do with it.

The kidnapping and killing of JW's son was awful. But it happened over 40 years ago. Since then, people have become more aware 1) There can be risks for innocent people in speaking to LE 2) Everyone should speak to a lawyer if asked to be interviewed by LE 3) Polygraphs are risky. Innocent people can look guilty.

JMO

What exactly are the risks of an innocent person talking to LE? Just talking to them, from the confines and protection of his own home. As BL could have and should have done immediately, with his lawyer present. I can see no risk to him whatsoever but maybe I'm not imaginative enough. You can talk to cops with your lawyer present. He didn't even do that.

If he was innocent there would be nothing at all for them to "catch" him saying or doing.

If he was partially guilty there would be, but whatever he did he should take responsibility and tell LE and the Petitos what happened instead of running like a coward.

BL's a privileged young man living with his parents in "good" neighborhood. Nothing was going to happen to him from talking to LE, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa