Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who has killed another person in the way Gabby was killed is a danger because they have shown they will kill a person. Even though BL is not accused of this crime , there is that likelihood that he did it. Also, cornered rats can be dangerous.

Not to mention crack pots that want to be vigilantes. Throw innocents that might go in there and you have a recipe for disaster. Also any clues could be destroyed.
RBBM :)
That’s what I was thinking, too RE: the bolded portion. I want to know if the Marshalls are involved. I haven’t seen anything about them & according to that special on ID, they aren’t involved yet & I just wonder why?? I’ve said this before, but finding fugitives is kinda their thing lol.

BBM: Everyone knows this. Just because an action/inaction is lawful, doesn't mean that it's morally decent. Then again, I'd not expect a person who, IMO, has killed a person(not in self-defense)to be morally decent. BL has done exactly what was to be expected from him. MOO.

Its not just a matter of morally decent. If, in the possible scenario that BL left Gabby alone for a trek , and came back to find her gone or dead, what normal person, just 99.999% of people would just up and leave without calling authorities? Especially with a young woman who was his love, his friend? It makes no sense unless BL did something so terrible that he fled in a panic.

What exactly are the risks of an innocent person talking to LE? Just talking to them, from the confines and protection of his own home. As BL could have and should have done immediately, with his lawyer present. I can see no risk to him whatsoever but maybe I'm not imaginative enough. You can talk to cops with your lawyer present. He didn't even do that.

If he was innocent there would be nothing at all for them to "catch" him saying or doing.

If he was partially guilty there would be, but whatever he did he should take responsibility and tell LE and the Petitos what happened instead of running like a coward.

BL's a privileged young man living with his parents in "good" neighborhood. Nothing was going to happen to him from talking to LE, IMO.
"Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law"

That is the risk. That is why every lawyer (and every honest cop) will tell you: Never speak to LE.

Nick Valencia @CNNValencia via Twitter – 10/15 11:52AM
Police were back out near the Carlton Reserve this morning. They’re at the same spot where Brian Laundrie’s father helped law enforcement last week and where the Laundrie’s mustang was the subject of an abandoned vehicle report on 9/14. Police tape is down & search teams are gone

Weird. Almost like they drew the media to the area while doing other stuff elsewhere......

Yes that's true. I don't really think he is a general public danger for that and other reasons. I just thought of this and it is a little puzzling to me. Maybe they want to be able to more easily monitor who does come and go? Or I for all I know, maybe they close it when water levels are high for safety reasons or something. MOO

Or, of course, they are reasonably sure he is dead. MOO

We analyzed characteristics of homicides that were followed by suicide and by suicide attempts using data from multiple sites. Fifty-nine percent of the men who killed a female intimate partner with a firearm also took their own life.
Homicide followed by Suicide

https://stacks.cdc.gov/view/cdc/83570/cdc_83570_DS1.pdf

The domestic violence fatality review clearinghouse: introduction to a new National Data System with a focus on firearms | Injury Epidemiology | Full Text
*this is only my opinion ~ I believe there were gunshots just before he strangled her. I’m not sure if he was scaring her with it but I do think he was firing. I still think they’re searching for a firearm…
Eta: I don’t think he is dead. He couldn’t shoot her so he went to plan B…

Your post raises many important questions that our society has yet to figure out. Some we can't discuss per direction of our Mods. There are no easy answers here, and many "what ifs'. What is a family supposed to do if a member of their family is having troubling coping or functioning in society? It's a very difficult situation, and a murky line between public safety and individuals rights.

Experts can analyze the Moab LE video for future training purposes, and hopefully some good will come of that. Overall however, I credit them (Moab LE) with separating GP and BL for a "cool down" period. Unfortunately, they decided to reunite, and we know the tragic result. There are many, many such sad cases.

The only answer or suggestion I have on how to prevent future tragedies like this, is a systemic change in our society, additional changes to our laws, and education in schools. There have been positive changes, but many more are needed to protect those who are vulnerable. Maybe the result of this tragedy will result in a new "Gabby law". Time will tell.

Amateur opinion and speculation

This link is a very informative overview of the abusive personality presented in layman's terms. Should be a must read for every woman.

http://thefirststep.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Warning-signs-of-abusive-personalities.pdf

Its not just a matter of morally decent. If, in the possible scenario that BL left Gabby alone for a trek , and came back to find her gone or dead, what normal person, just 99.999% of people would just up and leave without calling authorities? Especially with a young woman who was his love, his friend? It makes no sense unless BL did something so terrible that he fled in a panic.
ITA - I cannot come to any other conclusion than this was intentional, he left her alone out there and ran home to mommy. Nothing else makes any sense IMO.

This continued search of the park is perplexing to me. If they have some evidence he was there and might still be I could understand it - or if they are searching for the phones or some other evidence - otherwise searching just on the parents word and the mustang? I don't understand that.
JMO

I wish i could find the link but some of you might have watch the same interview here and remember hearing it. Back in September I believe on WFLA, jB was on with another guy and I cant remember his name but he had told JB that a phychic had been in touch with him and it was a phychic that has helped LE before and she told him that Brian would be caught on October 18th and that he had written that down just to see what would happen that day....That has stuck in my mind ever since he said it and here we are, almost to that day Im curious to see!!!!

I mentioned this yesterday morning, but could not remember the exact date. Your comment, for the most part, matches my recollection. The ‘other guy’ was Walt buteau

moo

Last edited:
If he didn't do it, he could have called 911 instead of driving away from the Spread Creek dispersed camping. If he had called 911, her remains would have been found within days if not the same day, and her remains would have provided a lot more information than they could after 23 days outside in the elements. Perhaps there would have been bruises and wounds on her body. Perhaps there would have been signs of struggle. Perhaps there would have been usable DNA under her fingernails. If someone other than BL killed her, that DNA could have exonerated him. So, why didn't he call 911?

If he killed her, not calling 911 has benefited him because of the state of the remains providing less evidence after 23 days. It also gave him time to scrub the van (if that was the place of death) and get rid of potential evidence (i.e., her cell phone and Apple watch, his cell phone, and anything else).

That assumes, in the theory of him not having killed her, that he knew she was dead or in any kind of danger. You don't call 911 because your ex took off with other people (or whatever). I do not think this is the situation, but if you are going along that line of thinking, you'd have to assume him being unaware is a possibility.

We don't really know the circumstances around the last hours/days, and if he's dead in a swamp somewhere, we may never know. His behavior immediately after her death (assuming she died when we think she did) is odd, which was my point. He either knew he was going to get caught eventually and didn't bother to cover tracks, or he had no idea what happened to her.... or he is just a complete idiot - very likely

Yes that's true. I don't really think he is a general public danger for that and other reasons. I just thought of this and it is a little puzzling to me. Maybe they want to be able to more easily monitor who does come and go? Or I for all I know, maybe they close it when water levels are high for safety reasons or something. MOO

There is no danger warning to public. So LE do not think he is armed with gun, MOO. Also he does not have a criminal record of assault. What he likely did to Gabby, is what is often called “a crime of passion”, what often occurs in DV situations where the familiarity of victim to assailants causes the assault and killing, which is not necessarily behavior exhibited to others.

Still, not a good idea having civilians hunting him down. It looks to me that LE has found some concrete signs he is in that Reserve and either want to find the body or flush him out.

Keep note of all the “experts”, ex FBI and whatever who publicly said he wasn’t there if he is found there.

For weeks I retained a belief that BL is on the run. Today I reversed that thinking. LE relentlessly continues to search a particular area in the Reserve. I think they are convinced BL's remains will be found there.

There is no danger warning to public. So LE do not think he is armed with gun, MOO. Also he does not have a criminal record of assault. What he likely did to Gabby, is what is often called “a crime of passion”, what often occurs in DV situations where the familiarity of victim to assailants causes the assault and killing, which is not necessarily behavior exhibited to others.

Still, not a good idea having civilians hunting him down. It looks to me that LE has found some concrete signs he is in that Reserve and either want to find the body or flush him out.

Keep note of all the “experts”, ex FBI and whatever who publicly said he wasn’t there if he is found there.

I agree, MOO, that BL is pretty stupid. And morally decrepit. And a coward regardless of whether he killed Gabby.

But he is an above average survivalist if he’s eluded capture in that Reserve for a month

IMVPO, the Laundries right to remain silent is completely over ridden with the very well perceived snark that comes out of the Laundry family's mouthpiece.....it ruins any semblance of claimed injustice . As Nichole Schmidt said previously, " keep talking".....

RBBM :)
That’s what I was thinking, too RE: the bolded portion. I want to know if the Marshalls are involved. I haven’t seen anything about them & according to that special on ID, they aren’t involved yet & I just wonder why?? I’ve said this before, but finding fugitives is kinda their thing lol.
I think that LE is pretty certain that he is in the Reserve. Where is the question, and why do they think so? They seem to be looking for his remains and not so much a dangerous fugitive. I know a lot of people think he has run of to another state or has someone hiding him, but I think these scenarios would take a lot of money and connections. I don't think BL has either. Sadly, the best and only thing he had was GP.

I agree there's definitely something keeping the FBI there. And I (somehow!) wasn't taking into account the possible vigilantes that could turn up if the park was open. I guess I am just overthinking this as the search drags on and on and on...MOO

I mentioned this yesterday morning, but could not remember the exact date. Your comment, for the most part, matches my recollection. The ‘other guy’ was Walt buteau

moo
i even wrote it down too which is how i know what day he said, i guess we shall see!

Brian Laundrie Update: Parents’ Home Turned Into Tourist Attraction, People Take Photos

Bit of a circus, yup!

ac30a034119e0189873e0ebfd8b8226f

Last week, a Pennsylvania woman dropped off a laundry basket and a sign reading, “Dirty Laundrie come clean” on their lawn.

The family home of Brian Laundrie in North Port, Florida has turned into a tourist attraction, as curious visitors travel from far and wide to see where he lived, while police ramp up their hunt for the missing man.

Media have been camped outside the Laundrie home since Brian’s disappearance as occasional visits from FBI investigators and local police spark theories about the mysterious case.

However the home, a humble, single-level, yellow house, is also increasingly attracting the attention of other people.
hqdefault-4702.jpg

In videos uploaded to Twitter, a number of cars were filmed doing drive-bys past the Laundrie home.

In one video, filmed by protester Jonathan Lee Riches, two women in a convertible cruise past the home, with the driver slowing to crawling speed to allow her passenger to take photos of the house.

In another bizarre video, also filmed by Mr Riches, a car slowly drives past the Laundrie house blasting the song Somebody’s Watching Me by Rockwell.

The lyrics of the song are about a man worrying about people watching him.

“All I want is to be left alone in my average home, but why do I always feel like I’m in the Twilight zone? And I always feel like somebody’s watching me and I have no privacy,” Rockwell sings.

“I always feel like somebody’s watching me, tell me is it just a dream?”

I'm waiting for the mini scaffold with a laundry basket. Not too long now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member