Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone recall LE bringing rifles to the search before, or at least the media bringing attention to it? I assume they've had some sort of weapon on them given the conditions they're working in.

"Weird. Almost like they drew the media to the area while doing other stuff elsewhere......"

SBM;BBM. This is an interesting theory.

May I ask, since you've been there, is that property typically patrolled by, say, park rangers or something like that?
Nope. It opens at sun up and closes at sun down. It’s extremely rural. The county comes in and empties any trash cans, adds a new liner, checks the restroom facilities and leaves. The last time I was there the restroom facilities were literally upgraded porta potties. I think I saw a hose bib but I’m not positive.

maybe the FBI could say that mom and dad are considered persons of interest in the bank fraud situation because they are the last known to have seen and talked to brian and they may have helpful information and the FBI would just like a sit down with them. maybe send the laundries lawyer an invite saying no hurry to respond. and then make the request public. MOO.
this article is from 2012, but it got me to think how interesting it would be if the FBI
had something similar in it's toolkit these days. just land a few of these on dads
back while he is out at the reserve helping in the search and let him take the little
guys home. also, it's good to know that the pesky insect bothering you during the
grill out may not be what it seems.

Is This a Real Photograph of an 'Insect Spy Drone?'

Like a million from me too. I can't figure out how to answer a post from another thread so regarding the "don't talk to LE advice" I see from so many: if it's true that no one should talk to LE, then we have a completely broken system. If you are saying LE can't be trusted to not get false confessions from people like it's a hobby of theirs, I could not disagree more. And from my perspective, if you are innocent you have nothing to worry about. Seriously. Nothing. Guilty people not only don't talk to LE *even with their lawyers present* like I suggested, but they RUN, which is what our dear BL did. Pointing to guilt, IMO.

Did BL run during the Utah traffic stop? Did he act like he didn't want to talk to the cops? No, he enjoyed his chit chat with the cops there in Utah... he was talkative, even. He volunteered information, he proudly showed them all the scratches that Gabby had inflicted upon him. He was happy to help. He didn't look overly upset, or like he didn't want to talk to the cops at all. He even laughed with the cops. When he thought they were scrutinizing his girlfriend, he was there for them.

JMO
"...if you are innocent you have nothing to worry about. Seriously. Nothing."

I think these folks would challenge that line of thinking: Innocence Project - Help us put an end to wrongful convictions!

Does anyone recall LE bringing rifles to the search before, or at least the media bringing attention to it? I assume they've had some sort of weapon on them given the conditions they're working in.

I also assume they at least have previously brought service revolvers or whatever police normally carry but these look like fairly large guns. These searchers look rather "tactical" ... I wonder what agency they are with? MOO

Disclaimer - I know nothing at all about guns or law enforcement ;)

Edit to add - I know that there could be some dangerous wildlife in the area. But it is also a public park - would campers or hikers normally take rifles like that for protection? All MOO

Last edited:
If you are saying LE can't be trusted to not get false confessions from people like it's a hobby of theirs, I could not disagree more. And from my perspective, if you are innocent you have nothing to worry about. Seriously. Nothing.
JMO
History has shown that many, many, many falsely accused people exist.

Like a million from me too. I can't figure out how to answer a post from another thread so regarding the "don't talk to LE advice" I see from so many: if it's true that no one should talk to LE, then we have a completely broken system. If you are saying LE can't be trusted to not get false confessions from people like it's a hobby of theirs, I could not disagree more. And from my perspective, if you are innocent you have nothing to worry about. Seriously. Nothing.

JMO
I really have to disagree with this. Pressure on LE to find a a guilty party which in turn makes questionable interrogation of suspects, has caused many false confessions. Not only that LE is always looking to gain evidence while investigating a potential crime, that includes communication with you that might seem innocuous. You may get tripped up in something you didn't realize you had any potential liability for. And there can be reasons a person runs but is not guilty of the suspected crime.

Just a thought...
Could JP have threatened a lawsuit against the Laundries when they couldn't find Gabby and the Ls were not responding to their calls?
Could that have prompted the Ls to initially consult with their friend, the real estate attorney?

I am in no way blaming JP, the grieving father.
I think if he lost his temper during those attempts to talk to the Ls it is perfectly understandable.
JP said he left a lot of messages.

But why the Ls didn't return those calls, even to just say that they didn't know anything and to express concern, is what I find inexcusable.

Could this apply to the Laundries and Petitos? Torts intentional infliction of emotional distress

I'm not an attorney but I doubt it. While the specifics of state laws differ, in general to prevail on those grounds I'm pretty sure the defendant's actions have to be extreme, outrageous, and/or beyond the bounds of human decency.

While some here are outraged the Laundries declined to speak with LE, that action was hardly extreme or outrageous from a legal perspective. (Even if it wasn't specifically recommended by their attorney [and I think it was] it was a reasonable action to take legally.) And that action was not "done to" the Petito family. I can't think of any actions that that were. Failing to answer calls or texts for one day wouldn't be enough either IMO. I understand people here were outraged but no one has to answer the telephone. We've also seen the Laundries go to the store, go to an appt, mow the grass, clean up stuff protesters left like laundry baskets from their lawn, garden, and we saw CL accompany an FBI search party. I don't think any of that's enough. But I could be wrong.

JMO

Every searcher out there likely has had a weapon, mace, bear spray, etc. You may not see them but they’re there no doubt. I can’t stress enough how dangerous it can be out there. JMO

Just a thought...
Could JP have threatened a lawsuit against the Laundries when they couldn't find Gabby and the Ls were not responding to their calls?
Could that have prompted the Ls to initially consult with their friend, the real estate attorney?

I am in no way blaming JP, the grieving father.
I think if he lost his temper during those attempts to talk to the Ls it is perfectly understandable.
JP said he left a lot of messages.

But why the Ls didn't return those calls, even to just say that they didn't know anything and to express concern, is what I find inexcusable.
Wonder if the claim that messages were left is true... and, if it is, were they saved or tossed to the cloud. And, if saved, if they'd reveal threats or something of that sort.

I also assume they at least have previously brought service revolvers or whatever police normally carry but these look like fairly large guns. These searchers look rather "tactical" ... I wonder what agency they are with? MOO

Disclaimer - I know nothing at all about guns or law enforcement ;)
My oldest works for FWC and I’ve seen their officers suited up so to speak. I zoomed in to see if they were FWC but it doesn’t look like it. Those guns are impressive.

bbm
Saving this perfect post. ^^^
This scenario is perfectly believable.
And so sad and senseless.
Why ??

Love the analogy so much I bolded it !
Gabby's family are not going to quit and forget about their murdered child, and go away.... this is not how decent people act.
It appears that the Petito's are channeling their grief into productive action; at least as far as they can.
MOO
To whom did he offer the $200 and where was he when this occurred? And what was the date and time? jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa