Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #85

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love that
Perhaps the homeowners who aren’t afraid and have protective orders against him will pay him to snow plow this winter. That won’t earn him much though. JMO
Given the attitude of locals attending the trial who believed it was not if BM would be arrested but a matter of when. And this attitude did not seem to interfere with BM's ability to keep on working up until his arrest. In other words, he's not been convicted (yet) and I think only the winter season will impact him here. MOO

Past photos of his truck like during Andy’s search show a Colorado firefighter plate which is red and white.
Wonder if SD has a Veteran plate? Speaking of her, his chauffeur parked in a Disabled spot when he got out.
ETA yes I know it’s not SD driving but they could have used her placard. Or… just felt entitled to park there. JMO
VIDEO

https://twitter.com/jamiealeary/status/1440026966648786954?s=21

BarryMorphew walks out the front door of the Chaffe County jail after posting a $500k all cash bond. Both of his daughters were by his side- he offered no comment. #SuzanneMorphew @CBSDenver

Entitled I would imagine, family tradition. The license plate bracket is Tipton Ford, there is one in Indiana. Upon closer examination they are Indiana Plates. I would imagine it's one of his sisters and mom up front. I guess that's ok to post, it's not sleuthing a person, Tipton Ford is 20 minutes from Alex IN.

Last edited:
Considering all else we know about him, I have zero doubt in my mind, whatever he buried was illegal.
you know, I won’t be surprised if this will be nothing, just a distraction. He probably buried something/somewhere, but so far, he was good at covering his tracks. I think the LE will spend time/money digging out stuff in Indiana, then say, darn it, and miss something covered in a more clandestine way, next time. I am happy to be wrong, but BM is not straightforward.

Entitled I would imagine, family tradition. Looks like the license plate bracket is Tipton Ford. There is one in Indiana. I guess that's ok to post, it's not sleuthing a person, 20 minutes from Alex IN.
Yep.
Well he did have 10 or 12 people from IN come to bond him out.
JMO

ETA link

https://twitter.com/ashleykktv/status/1438984814913335298?s=21
Iris Eytan at podium now. Says he has no prior criminal history and is a hard working man.
Iris says #BarryMorphew family supports and loves him very much. About 10 in the court room many more at the overflow area. Flew out from Indiana

Last edited:
Past photos of his truck like during Andy’s search show a Colorado firefighter plate which is red and white.
Wonder if SD has a Veteran plate? Speaking of her, his chauffeur parked in a Disabled spot when he got out.
ETA yes I know it’s not SD driving but they could have used her placard. Or… just felt entitled to park there. JMO
VIDEO

lolololol. That lady couldn't even park, let alone drive that diesel truck....

VIDEO

BarryMorphew walks out the front door of the Chaffe County jail after posting a $500k all cash bond. Both of his
VIDEO

BarryMorphew walks out the front door of the Chaffe County jail after posting a $500k all cash bond. Both of his daughters were by his side- he offered no comment. #SuzanneMorphew @CBSDenver
VIDEO

daughters were by his side- he offered no comment. #SuzanneMorphew @CBSDenver

Well it’s 5:45 p.m. so I’m guessing it won’t be THIS week.

Judge in Morphew murder case to release case file

The judge in Barry Morphew's murder case will release the entire case file likely by the end of this week. District Judge Patrick Murphy told attorneys on both sides Wednesday to go through their motions before he gives the word to the court clerk staff to make the files public on the 11th Judicial District's website.

Court clerk Dana Petri says there are many motions that have been suppressed throughout the case and that as soon as Murphy gives the word, she will make them public.

Oops. I'm reading everybody's posts from the last day or two....Wow. I'm glad Judge Myrphy made him move...my gosh, his behavior is appalling, mho
No, Judge said he could not legally tell BM to move.
He can stay where he’s at but he has to go to Poncha Springs every single day to have his ankle monitor downloaded. It’s about 12 miles away.

Judge in Morphew murder case to release case file
Wednesday, Murphy ruled that Morphew will be able to stay at his home in Maysville, just east of Salida, even though investigators aren't able to track his ankle monitor because the location is so remote and cell service is spotty. Murphy made the condition that Morphew make daily check-ins from nearby Poncha Springs for a daily download as to his whereabouts. Intervention Technology told the court on Sept. 21 that its GPS technology won't work in the remote mountain location.

Last edited:
Have we ever talked about why BM and SM chose Mayville CO, in 2018?

We've talked about timing of 2018 and SM's cancer, but why Monarch Estates in Maysville, CO, population 135?

I don't know why BM would have picked up and sold his IN business in 2018. At least the same year, SM had a scary recurrence of cancer. They might have felt there were amenities for them in Colorado, lucrative work for him?? and maybe in-state tuition for his college aged daughter?

But why Monarch Estates? He must have had some sort of previous contact in the area. How long ago might his contacts in that area have started?

IMO, JMO and etc.

But any work he might get must be within Chaffee County. It would be interesting to know if he is still Buddy-buddy with his FF friends or his contractor friends, or have they been steering clear of him. IMO any possible work he may get while bailed out would come from them.

dbm

Don't they say criminals always return to the scene of the crime?

JMO
Does anyone honestly think Barry could get a job in Chaffee County now? I'm sure not everyone has read the AA, but still ... I wouldn't get within a mile of him if I were a local and not just because he killed his wife (IMO).

Does anyone honestly think Barry could get a job in Chaffee County now? I'm sure not everyone has read the AA, but still ... I wouldn't get within a mile of him if I were a local and not just because he killed his wife (IMO).

Well, he's charged with murdering his wife, and he was able to find a girlfriend so... that tells me, there are local folks that either apparently don't care, don't believe, or don't follow what legal/moral jams Barry Morphew is in.

And to be fair, not all folks follow these kinds of cases the way many of us do, so there's A LOT they don't know.

Yep, I think there are some that will stand by him and who will hire him for landscaping work. And, I expect he's really counting on that.

jmo

I'm in Michigan and did a double take ( felt fear ) when I saw a man at our grocery store that could be BM's Doppelganger.
( Confirmed my startled self I was not in Chaffee County, CO.)

Rest easy, Suzanne. Justice is in on its way in 2022.

IMHO

Have we ever talked about why BM and SM chose Mayville CO, in 2018?

We've talked about timing of 2018 and SM's cancer, but why Monarch Estates in Maysville, CO, population 135?

I don't know why BM would have picked up and sold his IN business in 2018. At least the same year, SM had a scary recurrence of cancer. They might have felt there were amenities for them in Colorado, lucrative work for him?? and maybe in-state tuition for his college aged daughter?

But why Monarch Estates? He must have had some sort of previous contact in the area. How long ago might his contacts in that area have started?

IMO, JMO and etc.

Thought he might have had a lady friend.

ETA: Found this on Page 12 of the AA:

Baumunk described years of Suzanne being a submissive housewife to Barry in Indiana, allowing him to control their finances and Suzanne's longtime suspicions about Barry having affairs. Baumunk said Suzanne loved Barry and wanted to be a good wife and mother to her two girls.

Baumunk thought the primary reason for the move to Colorado was Barry's long-term desire to move there for hunting. She thought Suzanne "threw caution to the wind" and moved in an attempt to save their marriage and start
over.

JMVHO.

Last edited:
Let me ask this generally.

How much work was a person doing prior to May, 2020? If he was doing subcontracting work arranged by colleagues, would people even be aware who was doing the work? Did the City of Broomfield, for instance, know who was subsubcontracted to repair the wall? How many names were on the permit/bid/prospectus/whateverus? Maybe friends'll continue to throw work at him.

I think he'll find ways to be busy, if only moving rocks around his new yard. Or old one. Busy B.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member