Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% confirmed? I’d say the people in the campground. Anyone else he may have crossed paths with, really had no need to remember him. Perhaps a neighbor saw him after the camping trip but even those dates seems to be variable depending on people’s memory. If he drove anywhere it’s possible he would show up on a traffic or business camera.
His sister seems to be reliable about seeing him at the campground.

I’m sure I’m not doing this correctly….trying to link a picture…..

Gabby is facing a little valentine if you can see it in the mountain…it makes me feel the connection between her and her family and that she’s watched over with love.

Someone more skilled than me, if you know how to make the picture easier to see, please and I thank you.
Fitting given the name of Gabby's YT channel. One of the mountains near Jenny Lake is named "Static Peak"

Yes, I’ve seen them. Iirc the police never actually saw BL, perhaps that’s been assumed?
Yep, exactly. I was thinking about that earlier and even did a search to see when the last time he was seen. MSM articles all state different dates - 9/13, 9/14, 9/17. I have not seen one report of anyone outside of RL/CL reporting the last time he was seen since CaL said she saw him on the 6th. And she's a family member too. There was one report of a neighbor but that was iffy too. There had to be security cameras/CCTV around town and around the park. But from the start, we have no idea what really happened. No official missing person's report on him. No last known description. No definitive date he was last seen. So :confused:

IMO

I think BL told his parents what had happened with Gabby and that's why they've aided and abetted him in an attempt to escape prosecution for Gabby's murder. jmo

Well, he hasn't been charged with her murder yet so I'm not sure if aiding and abetting charges would apply. Don't charges have to be filed first? And doesn't the person have to be found guilty of the charge? I know that's true for accessory after the fact.

JMO

BL should have talked to police when they wanted to talk to him in Florida. It would have shown him to be a decent human being. Exercising legal rights has a time and a place, which is not when a young woman is missing, presumably in danger and alone, possibly dead. He should have thought of her, not himself. That he thought only of himself speaks volumes. That applies to the parents too, IMO.
I don't know how else to say it, that's as clear as I can be.

"Exercising legal rights has a time and a place"

IMO that rhetoric sets a very dangerous precedent.

It's almost like, "You have a right to freedom of speech as long as I agree with what you're saying"

I believe if a person has a legal right then there shouldn't be prohibitors as to when and where they can exercise it.

MOO

The next thing I’m going to say is bizarre…imagine you believe your son has broken up with his gf and he shows no other signs of anything sinister and all of a sudden everything blows up and things go incredibly wrong, you are then advised to not contact GP’s family because it wouldn’t really help and anything that you say may be damning even if it is “I’m so sorry”, they’re advised to shut out police, again “just in case” and so on. You are scared, terrified (not as much as GP’s family obviously) but you have no way of making things right because you have been told not to say a word. All of this while trying to come to terms with the fact that your son may have or most probably has killed his girlfriend, the girl who lived in your house. I sometimes wonder about the Laundries. I no way condone anything about any of this ever but I just wonder from inside their house how things played out. The delay I mentioned was *if* they knew anything it surely delayed LE becoming involved before. I just wonder…
All MOO and now bed because work in the morning and it’s 1am.

i totally getcha. I have thought the same.

The only thing I can think of, in this regard, is that it has something to do with this ....

"Law enforcement agencies involved in the Gabby Petito disappearance investigation say they did everything they could to keep an eye on her fiancé, Brian Laundrie, before he disappeared himself."
Brian Laundrie search: Police did ‘everything we could’ to keep eye on him before disappearance | WBTW

We don't know how the police were 'keeping an eye' on BL. Perhaps part of that was somehow having had a visual on him at some point(s).

There is SO much we don't know. imo

I think we may well be astonished by how little we know!
I read this statement to mean ‘LE had NO legal basis to have eyes on BL and therefore had no eyes on him at all’ as BL was not a suspect of any crime.

Well, he hasn't been charged with her murder yet so I'm not sure if aiding and abetting charges would apply. Don't charges have to be filed first? And doesn't the person have to be found guilty of the charge? I know that's true for accessory after the fact.

JMO

This is correct. There would have to be an arrest warrant, charges filed for murder, then a court case/trial, then he would need to be found guilty by a jury beyond any reasonable doubt.

At that point we can say BL is guilty of GP's murder.

That's a LONG way off yet.

MOO

Ages ago a wise judge was presented with the case of two mothers who each claimed the same baby was her own. His judgement was to cut the infant in two and each mother could have a half. Gabby is at peace. The Laundries have their half child.
Likewise, these two families were fighting for the safety their own child. One family was asking for help in finding theirs while the other family was protecting theirs.
IMO, we lost a beautiful soul but her spirit will live on in the good lessons and legacy her family has established.
King Solomon may be long gone but karma lives on.
Edited to add my MOOing, which is very obvious!

Last edited:
Your post reminded me of one thing I’ve wondered about. When Brian first came home, he had Gabby’s van. Without debating van ownership, I’m curious if the Laundries had a responsibility at that time to contact Gabby, the police, or the Petitos and somehow verify that this girl was okay. Her residence was their home, her vehicle came back without her… I understand BL could have spun a story, but I do wonder if they would be liable in some way if it turns out he did, indeed, tell them the truth? That would be 2 weeks of evidence degrading and knowledge of a missing person where nothing was reported. Aside from just morally feeling wrong, at that point are they accomplices? Do residents of the home where an adult lives have any type of legal obligation to report of a person seemingly disappears while living under their roof?

(Just to be very clear, I do not know BL and I do not know the Laundries. I have no idea if he was more likely to tell them the truth or to tell them some type of story).

MOO.
Great post! Has got me thinking, perhaps the L's tried to call/message Gabby? Afterall, her mother said that they treated her like a daughter?

"Exercising legal rights has a time and a place"

IMO that rhetoric sets a very dangerous precedent.

It's almost like, "You have a right to freedom of speech as long as I agree with what you're saying"

I believe if a person has a legal right then there shouldn't be prohibitors as to when and where they can exercise it.

MOO
Even if another life may be in grave danger and your information needed to perhaps save that life? Unless the L's knew it was already too late? In which case, is it legal to withhold information about a murder?

I am not sure that recall anything definitive after the Ft. De Soto camping trip. The campers next to the Laundries "may" have captured a photo of BL. Also, his sister said that she and her kids saw BL also at Ft. De Soto. Has there been anything confirmed after the camping trip?
what about the sighting by neighbours - does that post date the camping trip?

Even if another life may be in grave danger and your information needed to perhaps save that life? Unless the L's knew it was already too late? In which case, is it legal to withhold information about a murder?

I don't know the legalities of withholding information about a murder.

I guess the argument would be how do LE know they actually have information about the murder to withhold?

It's that differential between remaining silent because you know nothing or remaining silent because you know a lot.

Does the law entitle a person to remain silent for either scenario? I believe it does.

MOO

If nothing else comes of Gabby's case, I personally think we could all learn something from her story and her life.
She may have not had a long life but she always seemed to do what she loved to do and didn't let life or anything stop her; until this happened. People need to learn to enjoy the simple things in life and not worry about things that we have NO control over. Sometimes you just have to "Let it be"
None of us know how long we have to live. Nobody is promised tomorrow.
Hope this isn't to off topic.

I sort of wonder about adult male children who continue to live with their parents after graduating high school. To me, it indicates a lack of maturity. MOO. In my family, all the boys were expected to leave home around age 18. My two brothers and I all did so, and very willingly. Of course, this was in the early 1970s. I understand children have become more dependent on their parents since those days. Brian continuing to live with his parents at age 22 indicates to me a basic lack of maturity. His murdering of Gabby is even stronger evidence of his immaturity. Unfortunately for him, he won't have the opportunity to grow out of his immaturity in the future. His immature act in murdering a woman who loved him will follow him for the rest of his life.

Well, if living at home after graduating from high school = immaturity, in the US most young men are "immature." From ages 18-24 56% of women and 60% of men lived with a parent in 2020. So lots of immature women too.

U.S. Millennials living with parents by gender 2020 | Statista

JMO

Feature this. The Laundries, like the rest of the world, now know their son most probably manually strangled their future daughter-in-law to death. How does one live around that news?
End of story.
MOOing...

It's a puzzle how they are managing to stay silent when people around the world are reacting strongly. How are they able to be silent and how is their silence protected? That part is puzzling to me. It makes me wonder who they know, etc.

As far as how the L's live with this information? That's easy. If you don't have a conscience (and all of the evidence we have indicates that the parents do not) then you sleep just fine, no worries.

What evidence one might ask?

- they raised BL and we know what kind of person he is.
- from all appearances they have sheltered and protected BL and helped him escape LE, escape from justice.
- silent when Gabby was missing and her parents were begging for any information
- stated BL is 'missing' but don't look worried, and don't make any efforts to find him or inform the public as to what he was wearing, etc. when they last saw him. Much of what they have said smacks of mendacity. (the smiling and short 'attempt' to find BL three weeks after he was reported missing doesn't count IMO).
- they appear to have a really sleazy lawyer who makes up stuff and changes information at will in order to fit a certain narrative. people typically hire the sort of lawyer that is like they are in terms of character.

MOO.

This breaks my heart! I don't know that I could leave her, I would have to take her home with me although I totally understand their desire to honor her love for that area. Just so freaking sad!!
https://twitter.com/josephpetito/status/1449129614664601607?s=20
Wow - that is the saddest tweet I’ve ever seen - a beautiful spot but why was it even needed ? I know Gabbys’ death has made me more aware of how people may turn on a dime and your loved one is lost forever … will never understand these killers and I’ve followed many …
JMO

If nothing else comes of Gabby's case, I personally think we could all learn something from her story and her life.
She may have not had a long life but she always seemed to do what she loved to do and didn't let life or anything stop her; until this happened. People need to learn to enjoy the simple things in life and not worry about things that we have NO control over. Sometimes you just have to "Let it be"
None of us know how long we have to live. Nobody is promised tomorrow.
Hope this isn't to off topic.

It is definitely not off topic.... because it is exactly what her 4 parents actually stated at the end of the Dr Phil interviews....

She lived life, and was doing exactly what she wanted to do. Her step-mother's final words were "go for it ...do what you want to do"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88