Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone just watch the CNN special? I was only half listening and now I can't find if it was recorded anywhere. Maybe it takes a little bit. But the CNN reporter was speaking to a man (possibly FBI?) about BL taking off from his parents and she said something like "so if someone is a person of interest shouldn't you have surveillance on them?" And this man responded something like "maybe we did" or "nobody is saying we didn't". Then he went on to say something like "if a guy goes for a walk in the woods we can't just go hiding behind tree to tree looking for him" (these are my words, not his).

So after that big vague statement, (geez, sorry, hopefully I can find the video and I'll update this post) but I'm thinking they really were watching BL at his parents and they did follow him TO Carlton Reserve but didn't get out and follow him on foot but sat in their car waiting, and then night came and he didn't come out. This would make sense as to why they are still searching Carlton Reserve. It's likely the last time police/FBI had their eyes on him.

She was speaking to the spokesman from the North Port PD

Did he have the keys to the van, and did he have her debit card and any other methods of buying things? I guess knowing the answers to these questions might shed some light. I mean, she could have walked places from the hotel, but maybe her funds were severely limited, making a walk through town pointless. That’s pretty controlling, but that info isn’t available.
Maybe LE will find that the card was used while he was on his trip. If she was left with no resources, wouldn't Gabby have reached out to Rose or someone? Maybe BL took her phone too.

Dog the Bounty Hunter shares video warning to Brian Laundrie - follow updates live

LIVE Updates

Gabby’s dad posts picture from remote lake in daughter’s honour

Florida governor wants Brian Laundrie ‘apprehended and brought to justice’

Media coverage of Gabby Petito’s case likely held authorities’s quick location of her body

North Port police say no new evidence found in Carlton Reserve today

North Port police officers conduct “special response team training” during Brian Laundrie search

Did anyone just watch the CNN special? I was only half listening and now I can't find if it was recorded anywhere. Maybe it takes a little bit. But the CNN reporter was speaking to a man (possibly FBI?) about BL taking off from his parents and she said something like "so if someone is a person of interest shouldn't you have surveillance on them?" And this man responded something like "maybe we did" or "nobody is saying we didn't". Then he went on to say something like "if a guy goes for a walk in the woods we can't just go hiding behind tree to tree looking for him" (these are my words, not his).

So after that big vague statement, (geez, sorry, hopefully I can find the video and I'll update this post) but I'm thinking they really were watching BL at his parents and they did follow him TO Carlton Reserve but didn't get out and follow him on foot but sat in their car waiting, and then night came and he didn't come out. This would make sense as to why they are still searching Carlton Reserve. It's likely the last time police/FBI had their eyes on him.

She was speaking to the spokesman from the North Port PD

It’s too much.

kittythehare,$200 would probably bought him a room in a motel for a night or two.

Here is a link to lodging around Grand Teton NP. There are a few cheaper rooms, most are expensive if you can even get one at all. Most of these rooms are booked up far in advance. I just tryed to book a room at colter Bay for next June and most are already booked up.sorry my link is not working..edited

Well, then they should have been seen in the actual campground in Spread Creek - where many people had cameras. Yet, the van was only seen about a mile away from the nearest neighbors. Gabby, who doesn't like outdoors, doesn't walk a mile to try and meet total strangers. They are in an illegal campsite and not near any other campers. The Bethunes would have been in that other campground as well.

So there was no way to "leave Gabby". in safe hands that were a mile away. And in the legal campground, everyone can see and hear everyone else.

Why did Brian make the turn onto that spur road, and park at a place that is not available for camping - but instead, for target practice and archery? Did either of them know they were camping illegally? They. sure did know that Dyrt.com said to camp in a designated space (or to join up with someone already on such a space).

Since there were never any other campers near Gabby, I don't think your theory works. There wasn't even a parking space for another set of campers.

Why does he not look right next to where their own (stolen) tent must have been? Because I do believe the reports that say there was evidence of them camping at Spread Creek. Did he leave Gabby without a tent, without a tarp, with nothing to sit on? Why didn't he get his flashlight and signal around and call for her? Then, wouldn't he have headed to the other campers (about a mile away) to see if she was there? Why would he just take off if he thought Gabby was socializing (and take her phone, van, and, apparently, all her things?)

Or do you think he offloaded her stuff right there, so she could find it later, took off and ravens got to it? I find that very improbable and I believe she would have been found sooner had he placed her phone and other things where she could find it. Did she have her wallet? Why isn't he willing to tell that? Why hasn't she used her own credit cards - did he take those cards out of her wallet BEFORE she went to socialize? Why?

I am for Occam's razor. He had her wallet and her phone, he had her credit cards and probably her Apple Wallet too.

How do you explain him walking to Colter Creek (he doesn't take off right away, the van is still there) and then hitchhiking back?

Why not just open his eyes and see Gabby (who would have been quite visible) by walking a hundred yards or so and flashing a light - or waiting until broad daylight?

Wouldn't a. person alert authorities if their fiancée. appeared to have been kidnapped?

Even if they'd had a fight and he thought maybe she was with other people, why drive her van home to Florida without her? Without calling the police to report her missing in WY?
I think something absolutely terrible must have happened between them. I am wondering today whether BL had committed some kind of crime in his past that Gabby knew about and she threatened to tell someone about it during a fight. Some type of secret he could not allow to get out. It would have had to be something big.
I really don't think just arguing about money or their relationship status would make him murder her like that.
IMO

https://mobile.twitter.com/TaraPetito/status/1449152587270266883

I don’t know the Petitos or the Schmidts but from what I have seen and read, they are all exceptional human beings. They’re keeping their focus on Gabby and making sure she lives on in a positive light.
I have no doubt they’re angry, I have no doubt their hearts are broken, but the level of grace they have had throughout this situation and the way they have come together with love and support for each other is beautiful.
My heart breaks for all of them. Parents should never have to go through the loss of their child.
That’s a beautiful message.

To be honest, I think I've had a belly full of Brian for a while. From this point on, I'm going to kick back and wait for LE to do their stuff. In the meantime, teach your sons and daughters to ditch whoever decides the best way to settle a domestic argument is to stop talking and start punching.
...and keep your eyes peeled for the Laundries little addition to parental nightmares everywhere. "Hey! Mom! I just met the greatest guy! He's an environmentalist AND a vegan!"
Sweet dreams.
MOOing...

I always felt the two day hike was to establish an albi. She was fine when he left her, he cane back and someone had killed her.
The week that he went back home to supposedly empty the storage is what is so odd to me. It is very difficult to believe he left her alone that long. Jmo
Perhaps he killed her in a place other than where he left her body.

Evidence I believe exists:

Gabby and Brian visit national parks and monuments, arriving in Moab on or before August 12. Both are in town most of the day, while Gabby works on her youtube channel.

August 12 - 2 witnesses call in what appears to be a DV incident, with two people scratching, pinching and hitting. At least one other witness tells police their story of what happened (a friend of one of the people who called) There appear to be more witnesses to this event in downtown Moab.

Early evening August 12. The 911 call results in 2-3 local police cars following GP/BL out of town toward the. entrance of Arches NP. The police put on blue lights near the turn-off to Arches, which is where GP/BL were going to spend the night (per what the ranger says later in the traffic stop)

Evening August 12. Gabby is told it "isn't far" to her campsite and that Brian will be hosted by a charity that aids DV victims. LE takes him to a hotel in Moab, about 13 miles from where Gabby is staying. The police advise them to spend the night apart. We have no evidence that they went against LE advice. Police ensure that both members of the couple have their phones and Gabby asks them to make sure BL has his charger, as she thinks his phone needs charging. Gabby appears to talk to someone on the phone.

August 13. Trip resumes. Gabby's SM shows they intended 3-4 nights in Arches.

August 17. BL flies to FL. Gabby goes to a hotel in central SLC, presumably with the van.

August 21. The coroner's window for Gabby's death has opened. (4 weeks out)

August 23. BL flies back to SLC.

August 24. Photo of Gabby in Ogden, UT. Posted to Instagram as usual.

August 25. Gabby talks to her mom that she is in Grand Tetons NP. Last time Mom hears Gabby's voice.

August 27. Gabby and BL at Merry Piglets in Jackson, south of GTNP. BL goes in and out of the restaurant, speaking in a low voice to various employees. Gabby cries on the sidewalk, goes inside to apologize for him. Cause of BL's irritation is unknown.

August 27, 6:30 pm. Youtubers (Bethunes) capture their van at an unnumbered, illegal campsite near the main NF campground at Spread Creek. Rules had been made about where people could camp, due to overcrowding. (I believe that LE has been able to find more campers with dash cams and more information about their stay there.) Gabby was dead for 3-4 weeks per ME, when she was found on Sept 19. This is 23 days out from the Coroner's date for Gabby's death. Within the window.

August 29. Brian catches two rides, near Colter Bay/Dam area. He becomes somewhat agitated when he learns he's going back to Jackson and not toward Moran Junction, which is the way to Spread Creek. There is no evidence that the van had been moved during this period. Brian has a backpack, but not much stuff in it. (I believe by now LE has more pictures of the van, due to campground hosts having noticed and due to several people having dashcams, be surprised if not - van is very likely still in the same place and Brian goes back to it). Gabby is either hanging out by herself without being seen or is already dead. No. one in Spread Creek has said they saw Gabby out socializing. This is the 3 weeks out - ME's window for Gabby's death has closed.

At some point during this time, Brian uses Gabby's ATM or Credit Card or Apple WALLET to take more than $1000 from her account.

August 30. Gabby's mom gets a text she believes is not from Gabby. No voice contact. No pictures.

Sept 1. 10:36 am - The van, without Gabby in it, crosses the FL state border.

Last edited:
Did he have the keys to the van, and did he have her debit card and any other methods of buying things? I guess knowing the answers to these questions might shed some light. I mean, she could have walked places from the hotel, but maybe her funds were severely limited, making a walk through town pointless. That’s pretty controlling, but that info isn’t available.
And JP ordered GP a pizza during the time that BL was in FL to clear out the storage.
jmho

IMO he probably didn’t go back in mid August to run an errand. Likely after Moab their relationship problems were escalating, she escalates to breaking off engagement and threatening to end trip, he escalates to actually ditching her and moving her stuff out back home.

They make up over the phone and he comes back as long as they are still engaged. Two days later 8/25 they are in a shop and he is insisting she publicly confirm they are fiancés.

Two days later 8/27 after embarrassing merry piglet, she cancels engagement again and wants nothing to do with him. In a rage because he came all the way back to Utah/Wyoming he chokes her out

MOO JMO IMO etc

CL mentioned they had a storage locker. Wouldn't that be smaller than a unit? I rented a small unit and it was only $25 a month. How much money was saved by emptying vs/ paying for airfare round trip? And someone mentioned that BL was bringing back to Wyoming some supplies? What would he possibly have needed to carry back on an airplane, that his parents couldn't have mailed to him, much cheaper. None of this makes sense.

Last edited:
Just a quick note on Bank cards...terms of service vary from bank to bank. My bank DOES allow me to let others use my card. They just point out that I am responsible for that usage.

An authorized user would have the power to discuss my finances with my bank. No thanks. I just want to allow them the occasional use of my card. And that is fine with my bank.

An unauthorized use is considered lost or stolen.

Again, this is just my bank. Others may have different rules.

From the posted links from kittythehare. Thank You

“The fear of outbursts from the abuser becomes a controlling factor in the victim's life. For survival, the goal becomes to anticipate anything that may result in an outburst for the controlling person and avoiding it at all costs. The abused person becomes preoccupied with the needs, desires, and habits of the abusive controlling person. The outcome of this survival mode or “freeze” reaction versus “fight” or “flight” reaction can result in a captive who experiences a loss of self-esteem, self-confidence, and psychological energy and who is “burned out” and too depressed to leave. Another possible outcome is a return to a childish infantile pattern of bonding with the aggressor.”

Honestly the parents haven’t lived there that long and I highly doubt BL even had favorite trails IMO- the whole preserve thing is just off to me - like it’s all made up? It’s not like there is any supporting evidence of him even being there in his social media is there?
Or anyone’s for that matter ?
JMO

I agree with that. All the searching in the reserve could be cover for where LE is really looking, or where the FBI is really searching, where they think he really is, to keep him comfortable so he slips up and reveals himself, or something like that. The reserve searches do seem pointless, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff