Geographical Profiling...

Ciggie

Ciggie
Reaction score
There is Geographical Typing around where a SK will probably strike, and it's NOT such a large radius (Dr Robert Wilson has touched a good bit on this). They should NEVER have gone to Daytona. There is a narrowing of the sector where the SK probably lives and works and I'm WITH author/profiler Peter Bedter in this: the demon is operating WELL WITHIN his ultimate comfort zone. And there ABSOLUTELY NO REASON why he would leave, when he has been SO soundly successful throughout all of these years. JUST like the Golden Killer. AND BTK. AND Dennis Radar. The police are busy bees all over the place -HE is focused, and knows "his" grounds better than any or all of them put together. He will hunt at will, until he is caught. LISK, I mean. The other has more internal demons and will probably get caught earlier. When you delight in MAYHEM, you are BOUND to scatter your DNA ALL OVER THE PLACE.

There is Geographical Typing around where a SK will probably strike, and it's NOT such a large radius (Dr Robert Wilson has touched a good bit on this). They should NEVER have gone to Daytona. There is a narrowing of the sector where the SK probably lives and works and I'm WITH author/profiler Peter Bedter in this: the demon is operating WELL WITHIN his ultimate comfort zone. And there ABSOLUTELY NO REASON why he would leave, when he has been SO soundly successful throughout all of these years. JUST like the Golden Killer. AND BTK. AND Dennis Radar. The police are busy bees all over the place -HE is focused, and knows "his" grounds better than any or all of them put together. He will hunt at will, until he is caught. LISK, I mean. The other has more internal demons and will probably get caught earlier. When you delight in MAYHEM, you are BOUND to scatter your DNA ALL OVER THE PLACE.

Hi Ciggie,

I had not looked into the geographical typing, myself, but tried to find some information, today--is this related to a Reddit link with this typographical page by geographicprofiler.com?

Long Island Serial Killer Dump Sites Geographic Profile

Wow. I know nothing about the methods, but--it's very interesting, IMO.

Good point, Biggie...reminds me of the Grim Sleeper

On a related note, this just broke today regarding phone technology they'll be using.

In Long Island serial killer investigation, new phone technology may be key to break in case

From the article:
Sini, a former federal prosecutor with a background in cold case investigations, has invested more than $300,000 in advanced technology to analyze old phone data in the case.

"Cell phone work is critical to solving this case," he said. "There is an incredible amount of data – we’re talking over five million data points. The human brain cannot analyze that data in any constructive way."

"We're trying to collect dots but then the key is to connect the dots, so we realized we had to invest in hardware and software to appropriately analyze that data," said Sini, who has assigned 23 people in his office to work on the investigation since taking office in early 2018.

On a related note, this just broke today regarding phone technology they'll be using.

In Long Island serial killer investigation, new phone technology may be key to break in case

From the article:
Sini, a former federal prosecutor with a background in cold case investigations, has invested more than $300,000 in advanced technology to analyze old phone data in the case.

"Cell phone work is critical to solving this case," he said. "There is an incredible amount of data – we’re talking over five million data points. The human brain cannot analyze that data in any constructive way."

"We're trying to collect dots but then the key is to connect the dots, so we realized we had to invest in hardware and software to appropriately analyze that data," said Sini, who has assigned 23 people in his office to work on the investigation since taking office in early 2018.

I know a lot of people do not like Sini. I'm just happy to know that there are resources going in to the data they have and analyzing it.

I know a lot of people do not like Sini. I'm just happy to know that there are resources going in to the data they have and analyzing it.
The election is right around the corner, just like they released the belt photos when Netflix was coming out with Lost Girls. They have to look like they are doing SOMETHING. I am going to be voting for Ray Tierney, who Rob Trotta is supporting.

The election is right around the corner, just like they released the belt photos when Netflix was coming out with Lost Girls. They have to look like they are doing SOMETHING. I am going to be voting for Ray Tierney, who Rob Trotta is supporting.

If I still lived in the area, I'm sure I'd do much the same. And, I do agree there are political motivations behind this, I don't disagree at all, with elections coming. Just happy the pressure is being kept up on the case.

So Ray Tierney won the election, no more Sini...let's see what he does.

Attachments

• lisk cell info-redacted.jpg
    lisk cell info-redacted.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 113
  • GeoTyping.jpg
    GeoTyping.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Interesting. I need more of this.
What are the redactions? And what’s with the heavy occurrence in Bayshore? I have a theory about Bayshore, so am quite interested.

Redacted parts are parts I blacked out with my POI's address/association with particular locations. All info should be in my previous posts, thanks.

Have you listened to the LISK podcasts? Episode 1: A Suspect & Mistakes Made which came out in July 2021, they talk about a POI who wasnt on the detectives radar before & was given to detectives by a forensic accountant using geographic profiling.

They said hes married with kids, a wealthy businessman who owns a company with access to vans/trucks & has done work on Oak beach/Gilgo beach. He also works in downtown Manhattan around where the phone calls came from when he called Melissa sister. He also owns a boat.....he also lives only a few miles away from the last know victim, Amber Costello.

He also has access to empty homes & many other homes from what I understood in the podcast.

All this supposed information will be given to detectives but who knows if anything will come of it.

Also, I wonder once they catch LISK, will he have been on anyone's radar like the Golden State Killer was a total surprise for everyone, even the FBI & local police, because DeAngelo was never a name that was brought up in the case.

I'm also wondering will it be a name that we heard of before or never on anyone's radar.

The geographic profiling is unique & it will probably help in catching him.

Hi SecretAgentMan, yes, I've listened to the LISK podcasts. That person is not one of my POIs, I'm happy that the information on that person was submitted, and if it is the person or one of the people involved, it would be great to have this solved so the families can get some sense of closure.

Have you listened to the LISK podcasts? Episode 1: A Suspect & Mistakes Made which came out in July 2021, they talk about a POI who wasnt on the detectives radar before & was given to detectives by a forensic accountant using geographic profiling.
What podcast are you referring to? I thought I had listened to all the current ones,(except one which was not from any reliable source)

I have yet to listen to the podcasts but I am also VERY interested in this approach.

I think we can consider it fact that the first two of the Gilgo 4 (Melissa and Maureen) were hired from within the city (Manhattan). When the killer had gotten more comfortable I believe he was operating closer to home feeling safe to pick the girls up in Hauppauge and Babylon (Megan and Amber). Again, as I have said in another post, he managed to also convince these two to leave their phones behind, as he may have realized that having the first two girls phones was too much of a temptation for him and/or too easy to trace him as he was closer to home.

I particularly like this map as I think it casts a little wider net but at the same time I don't like it because I don't believe the random scattered parts are the work of the same person who killed the Gilgo 4.

Attachments

• Geo Map.PNG
    Geo Map.PNG
    431.2 KB · Views: 27
I have yet to listen to the podcasts but I am also VERY interested in this approach.

I think we can consider it fact that the first two of the Gilgo 4 (Melissa and Maureen) were hired from within the city (Manhattan). When the killer had gotten more comfortable I believe he was operating closer to home feeling safe to pick the girls up in Hauppauge and Babylon (Megan and Amber). Again, as I have said in another post, he managed to also convince these two to leave their phones behind, as he may have realized that having the first two girls phones was too much of a temptation for him and/or too easy to trace him as he was closer to home.

I particularly like this map as I think it casts a little wider net but at the same time I don't like it because I don't believe the random scattered parts are the work of the same person who killed the Gilgo 4.

I think it's good, IMO, that there are different ways to look at and approach the case. The podcasts are great in some ways, same thing with documentaries, but for me, I've found through the years quite a few discrepancies between public information in the media.

For instance, I've been personally so confused by conflicting reports through the years about the cell phones issue. We know Melissa had her cell phone because Unsub called her sister with it. Maureen's friend got calls from a male, and I think her phone was the one that pinged near Fire Island (if I recall correctly, which I may not)--to my knowledge calls made to Maureen's friend were not from Maureen's phone. Then, we had conflicting reports about whether Megan may have left her cell phone in the hotel room with other belongings. Years later, when the hotel footage has been released, we see it's possible she left with her handbag (assuming there was more than empty air in there). And then, with Amber, I believe it was said she shared a phone with her male roommate, or it was his. Recently, a video comes out with the other roommate, stating Amber had a cell phone and never went anywhere without it. So, even the whole cell phone issue has been clouded--mainly, IMO, by statements from those around the girls (which may or may not have been true), picked up by the media, and then sold as fact through the years.

I thought the map was interesting, and the different layers. The layer I posted seemed to be the one that was visually most understandable for me, the simplest. With all the "opinion" comments out there (including mine!), I thought it would be a change to post something of statistical value, from more of a fact-based perspective, instead of speculation.

To go along with the Geographical Profiling at: Long Island Serial Killer Dump Sites Geographic Profile

Here is the screenshot of the cell map shown recently on "Grim Tide" for those who did not have a chance to watch, or pay for access: Fox Nation's 'Grim Tide' investigates the hunt for the Long Island serial killer

Black redactions done by me, for unobscured, see series.
@Bose I am obsessed with this map you made! Can you share more for those of us who weren't able to access Grim Tide what each spot means? Are they cell phone pings from the calls the killer made to the family members of the victims?

@Bose I am obsessed with this map you made! Can you share more for those of us who weren't able to access Grim Tide what each spot means? Are they cell phone pings from the calls the killer made to the family members of the victims?
To my knowledge, the radar-looking spots tilted toward different directions indicate pings. I think it's a shame that the documentary was behind a pay wall, because it has stopped SO MANY people from viewing it. Sometimes I think I'm one of the only people who saw it, because I see so little mentioned of it. I don't know the details of the pings, just know it's a screen shot from the series, from a tv up on the wall at SCPD, info they were supposedly working with. I took a screenshot of that frame of the documentary and then matched it up with a more detailed map of Long Island. From that, I wrote notations about the general geography or what the areas were like around the "pings." From there, I wrote my own notes to keep track of my own information that I had, addresses and spots related to two POIs I had. That was for my own thought process/records. It's why those areas are blacked out, they wouldn't be pertinent to anyone else looking at that map.

And, I'll add, in case anyone was ever confused, I have never seen/spoke to/known Sini or anyone around him. This was just a show, and just things I personally pulled from it. In 12 some-odd years, I've been lucky if I got a total of 10 minutes on the phone with anyone at SCPD, and definitely not people we know were or are working on the case. Majority of the time, referred to the "tip line." I put all my evidence in there, whatever I have had through the years, can remember, or think of. In 12 years, only received one reply, that there is no notification if POIs/Suspects are taken off the list (I asked if my POIs could be ruled out), and that if an arrest was made, I would be contacted, they have my information.

I hope, we see more things like the typology, or geographic profiling--these are areas that I think are valuable, and sometimes overlooked.

All MOO, and IMO, as per usual!

Something that has been rolling around in my mind... Was the Coastal Greenway not in existence when these ladies were killed and dumped? I just found something I think that says it was constructed in 2013?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rosegold45
Back