Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #85

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff Lindsey, Looking Ahead?

Ashley Franco@AshleyKKTV

Pueblo County DA Jeff Chostner tells me Jeff Lindsey will be joining their team.....
@KKTV11News....
12:19 PM · Oct 15, 2021
ETA: from JL's LinkedIn-- before spending 16+ years in El Paso County (under Dan May), he previously worked in Pueblo for the 10th District 2000-2004.
@Seattle1 Thx for your post & links. bbm sbm
He's returning to Pueblo County.
Hmm, maybe he's thinking about running for office there?
No specific factual reason for this. Just thinking about possibilities.

Last edited:
Those photos of barry and SD have me seeing red :mad:
I literally cannot believe how shameless either of them are. Not even trying to hide their relationship. Is it his money she's attracted to? Looking for a sugar daddy while it's still there to spend? Chad & Lori part deux?
I think she’s like those women who marry the murderers and serial killers. There’s a certain dark fixation these women have on evil men. There is excitement in the fear, a certain rush in being around someone dangerous. There is also that fifteen minutes of fame that is so alluring.
Unfortunately for these women, they are usually missing something in their own lives and that’s what draws them to these notorious men. MOO

The best move the DA could make at this point is to hire THE best prosecuting attorney money can buy. Someone needs to lay this story out for the jury in a clear and convincing manner. Not piecemeal fashion like we have gotten. But a very organized delivery of the evidence. The evidence IS convincing. But someone needs to put this together for the jury in a damning fashion that ties it all together with ease. There is NO doubt in my mind, but I have been paying attention for a long time. We don't need an amateur here. There are a few on here that could help them out...

I think SD is one of many flings Barry had when the opportunity presented itself. She is not special to him. She was available and probably was long before SM went missing. He was dysfunctional. SM didn't find him satisfying. If I remember correctly she thought he was an inadequate lover. That had to hit him below the belt. And the knowledge that she found another man satisfying probably sent him over the edge.... I find it extremely interesting that she reported a suspicious vehicle ... she could very well prove to be complicit and I can only hope the fbi has been vigilant.

The best move the DA could make at this point is to hire THE best prosecuting attorney money can buy. Someone needs to lay this story out for the jury in a clear and convincing manner. Not piecemeal fashion like we have gotten. But a very organized delivery of the evidence. The evidence IS convincing. But someone needs to put this together for the jury in a damning fashion that ties it all together with ease. There is NO doubt in my mind, but I have been paying attention for a long time. We don't need an amateur here. There are a few on here that could help them out...
100%% agree!
One of the first missing person cases I followed on WS was that of Taylor Wright. From beginning all the way through trial. It was quite the convoluted tale to take a jury through and the Prosecutor was excellent! There was a lot of cell phone evidence and financial transactions. She laid it out and connected all the dots to the only conclusion.
The victim did have questionable things in her past but the Prosecutor brought up witnesses to address those things and eliminate any reasonable doubt that any alternative suspects murdered her or that she left on her own. She was brilliant in that she anticipated what the Defense might try to poke holes in and did preemptive strikes.
It’s on Court TV YouTube- State of Florida vs. Ashley MacArthur.
Suzanne needs a Prosecutor like that.
JMO

100%% agree!
One of the first missing person cases I followed on WS was that of Taylor Wright. From beginning all the way through trial. It was quite the convoluted tale to take a jury through and the Prosecutor was excellent! There was a lot of cell phone evidence and financial transactions. She laid it out and connected all the dots to the only conclusion.
The victim did have questionable things in her past but the Prosecutor brought up witnesses to address those things and eliminate any reasonable doubt that any alternative suspects murdered her or that she left on her own. She was brilliant in that she anticipated what the Defense might try to poke holes in and did preemptive strikes.
It’s on Court TV YouTube- State of Florida vs. Ashley MacArthur.
Suzanne needs a Prosecutor like that.
JMO
I think it is the most important thing going forward, aside from finding Suzanne. A super concise, direct, convincing opening statement is a must. We need the best prosecutor money can buy. Maybe there is a notable one that wants to help?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff Lindsey, Looking Ahead?
@Seattle1 bbm sbm Thx for your post & links. Returning to Pueblo County. Hmm, maybe he's thinking about running for office there?
No specific factual reason for this. Just thinking about possibilities.
Ashley Franco@AshleyKKTV

Pueblo County DA Jeff Chostner tells me Jeff Lindsey will be joining their team. He tells me they are pleased to have Jeff on their team and they are "fortunate" to have him.
@KKTV11News
#BarryMorphew #SuzanneMorphew

12:19 PM · Oct 15, 2021

Jeff Lindsey will be acting as the number 3 Senior Deputy District Attorney in Pueblo's DA's Office. Chaffee County DA Linda Stanley tells us the #BarryMorphew case will continue as planned with four prosecutors on the case. #SuzanneMorphew
@KKTV11News

12:59 PM · Oct 15, 2021·

We know that DA Allen fired Jeff Lindsey when he took over as DA in El Paso County in January so Jeff was looking for a job when he ended up in District 11 with DA Stanley. (New administration -- Allen wanted his own pick).

Given a choice, I think District 10 or Pueblo County is a better fit for Jeff Lindsey and I don't know that there was a Senior opening in Pueblo last January but there definitely was an opening in September when the Sr Deputy DA took a job as the County Magistrate. If Lindsey is thinking of running for office -- he'll have to wait 4 more years.

DA Jeff Chostner was sworn in on January 12, 2021 for his third term as DA for District 10. He ran unopposed and will serve for another 4 years.

DA Chostner's daughter Michelle was the Senior Deputy DA for District 10 up until Sept 7 when she was hired as the new Pueblo County Magistrate. Her husband is also a Prosecutor for District 10 and they worked together earlier this year to successfully prosecute and convict Donte Lucas for the no body murder of Kelsie Schelling.

According to the 2020 YT recruiting video produced for Judicial District 10 -- they have about 23 prosecutors and prosecute about 10K cases annually.

Pueblo County commissioners, district attorney to be sworn in Tuesday

Pueblo Deputy District Attorney Michelle Chostner named a magistrate

10th Judicial District Attorney Video - Pueblo County Govt.

Last edited:
I bet he got his *advertiser censored** chewed out for the way he handled that hearing yesterday. It was clear he was not "all in".

Yes, the email to resign insinuates he has one foot out the door already. His new position had already been solidified prior to the latest hearings.

Whatever annoyed Lindsey, it is best he leaves. Barry's trial could not continue toward a fruitful conclusion without total commitment to the Prosecution Team.

Besides, I rather like the idea of a fresh approach at the immense evidence in this circumstantial case for the new hire. Let us pray they hire the best DA available.

Who should the new Prosecutor be? Any ideas?

It is a bit interesting that DA LS stated she wished there had been a discussion prior to him presenting his resignation. That does not fool me. She knows the reason he left and did not intervene.

All of this simply my humble opinion that's subject to change as time goes by.

Yes, the email to resign insinuates he has one foot out the door already. His new position had already been solidified prior to the latest hearings.

Whatever annoyed Lindsey, it is best he leaves. Barry's trial could not continue toward a fruitful conclusion without total commitment to the Prosecution Team.

Besides, I rather like the idea of a fresh approach at the immense evidence in this circumstantial case for the new hire. Let us pray they hire the best DA available.

Who should the new Prosecutor be? Any ideas?

It is a bit interesting that DA LS stated she wished there had been a discussion prior to him presenting his resignation. That does not fool me. She knows the reason he left and did not intervene.

All of this simply my humble opinion that's subject to change as time goes by.

Bridgette M. Jensen. Pensacola, Florida.
DeDee's choice, I presume.

IMHO

RIP, dear Suzanne.

Have we ever talked about why BM and SM chose Mayville CO, in 2018?

We've talked about timing of 2018 and SM's cancer, but why Monarch Estates in Maysville, CO, population 135?

I don't know why BM would have picked up and sold his IN business in 2018. At least the same year, SM had a scary recurrence of cancer. They might have felt there were amenities for them in Colorado, lucrative work for him?? and maybe in-state tuition for his college aged daughter?

But why Monarch Estates? He must have had some sort of previous contact in the area. How long ago might his contacts in that area have started?

IMO, JMO and etc.

In most states you have to have lived there for at least a year to get in-state tuition. It was mentioned in the AA (I think?) that he had visited and hunted in the area previously. His love of the area probably influenced MM1's choice of college.

I also got the impression that Barry burned some bridges on the way out of Indiana. I would not be surprised at all to learn that Barry's shady dealings had more to do with the move than previously thought.

Bridgette M. Jensen. Pensacola, Florida.
DeDee's choice, I presume.

IMHO

RIP, dear Suzanne.

Yes, Brubon! I agree with Cindizzi that Madam Jensen was rock solid in the Ashley McArthur trial. She was accused of murdering her friend after she stole loads of money from the victim, former police officer Taylor Wright.

I'd enjoy seeing a highly qualified female DA battle wits with the legal team Barry has assembled.

In most states you have to have lived there for at least a year to get in-state tuition. It was mentioned in the AA (I think?) that he had visited and hunted in the area previously. His love of the area probably influenced MM1's choice of college.

I also got the impression that Barry burned some bridges on the way out of Indiana. I would not be surprised at all to learn that Barry's shady dealings had more to do with the move than previously thought.
Well the timing certainly makes sense, as Barry sold his business in January of 2018, to some poor suckers who he scammed into paying 20 times its value.

Although some may question his guilt, Barry being a horrible person is not in dispute. This is merely one example in a long line of them.

78D7C764-D7E8-4478-9E8F-179394C6A795.jpeg

Well the timing certainly makes sense, as Barry sold his business in January of 2018, to some poor suckers who he scammed into paying 20 times its value.

Although some may question his guilt, Barry being a horrible person is not in dispute. This is merely one example in a long line of them.

View attachment 317583
Almost fell out off the couch when I got an alert that MassGuy attached a file to the thread ! :eek:
I thought maybe Colorado did a sneaky midnight document drop. Lol

I think she’s like those women who marry the murderers and serial killers. There’s a certain dark fixation these women have on evil men. There is excitement in the fear, a certain rush in being around someone dangerous. There is also that fifteen minutes of fame that is so alluring.
Unfortunately for these women, they are usually missing something in their own lives and that’s what draws them to these notorious men. MOO
Ughh they were on daily mail tv show today getting his stuff from storage he just makes me sick jmoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member