Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 11th
"Brian Laundrie's family stated that the subject <Gabby> was not at the residence and they did not know her whereabouts. They refused to allow Brian to speak with law enforcement and directed the officers on scene to speak with their attorney."

https://www.scribd.com/document/526506380/Search-Warrant-Hard-Drive-Gabby-Petito-Brian-Laudrie

If they thought she had continued her trip with someone else, or had voluntarily walked away, they would have had no reason to keep that info from LE and her parents. JMO

Have we read or been told that only Gabby's name was on these cards?
Was either of her parents attached to any of these cards? Have we been told?

As an example, I have four daughters and on each of their accounts is their name, but my name is also on there. Sometimes to float them money, or god forbid something tragic was to happen to them I have access to that account.

As for my credit cards, I have attached their names to different credit cards I have so they can earn a higher credit score.

I don't think we've been told yet if a parent(s) name was also on an account.

If there was a parent or parents they would have immediate access to transactions on that account.

Could be but I doubt it. If a parent was on GP's cards I'd think the parents would have looked at card activity when panicking. And maybe they did but they sure talked about lots and lots of stuff to the press and never mentioned that. (And it was pre-FBI) They talked about so much stuff looking for help so why censor that info? Since they didn't seem to spot BL's charges, I don't think they had access. They still could have deposited money and I expect they did.
JMO

My interpretation is that she definitely recalled an incident with a young couple at Merry Piglets in which the man was being a pain. Probably worth a story to her friends about how some couple nearly ruined their meal.
But Gabby wasn’t missing yet, to public knowledge. At Merry Piglets, she was at Merry Piglets. So still alive, not missing or dead yet, her face and Brian’s were not publicly known.
After Gabby and Brian were publicized in the media, the boyfriend said he was racking his brain, why were those faces familiar? Then he remembered, oh that was the couple where the boyfriend was making trouble when we were at Merry Piglets the other day!
Then they notified law enforcement.
IMO

I agree she remembered once her memory was jogged. Otoh, it wasn't so bad that she remembered it and would have told anyone about it later. jmo

Here's her exact words quoted bbm:

Angelo said she and England had all but forgotten about the restaurant flare-up until they saw the couple’s images on TV.

“[England] goes, ‘Nina, that was the couple fighting at the restaurant,'” Angelo told Fox. “And it stopped me in my tracks. It felt like the blood left my body. I was like, ‘Oh my God, I completely forgot about that incident.'”

Brian Laundrie acted 'aggressive' before Gabby Petito's death: witness

There's a copy of the woman's actual Insta post at this link.

Instagrammer details explosive argument between Gabby Petito, Brian Laundrie at Wyoming restaurant

If he had just left her in the campground, she could have easily found help and a phone to use. And people would have said they saw here there, crying and stranded.

He did leave her there, but she was deceased, imo.
I hope he didn't leave her there injured or near death. That would even more horrific than it is already. Jmo

If you watch the actual Red White & Bethune YouTube video direct to a laptop and computer, not a copy of it or using a phone, they slow it down from many angles. You can definitely see the door being closed.
I don't see it myself and I watched it several times. I'm not saying you don't see it, I'm saying I don't see it. I could be missing something.

Here's the Federal Rule

Rule 404. Character Evidence; Other Crimes, Wrongs, or Acts

Rule 404. Character Evidence; Other Crimes, Wrongs, or Acts
Primary tabs

(a) Character Evidence.

(1) Prohibited Uses. Evidence of a person’s character or character trait is not admissible to prove that on a particular occasion the person acted in accordance with the character or trait.

(2) Exceptions for a Defendant or Victim in a Criminal Case. The following exceptions apply in a criminal case:

(A) a defendant may offer evidence of the defendant’s pertinent trait, and if the evidence is admitted, the prosecutor may offer evidence to rebut it;

(B) subject to the limitations in Rule 412, a defendant may offer evidence of an alleged victim’s pertinent trait, and if the evidence is admitted, the prosecutor may:

(i) offer evidence to rebut it; and

(ii) offer evidence of the defendant’s same trait; and

(C) in a homicide case, the prosecutor may offer evidence of the alleged victim’s trait of peacefulness to rebut evidence that the victim was the first aggressor.

(3) Exceptions for a Witness. Evidence of a witness’s character may be admitted under Rules 607, 608, and 609.

(b) Other Crimes, Wrongs, or Acts.

(1) Prohibited Uses. Evidence of any other crime, wrong, or act is not admissible to prove a person’s character in order to show that on a particular occasion the person acted in accordance with the character.

(2) Permitted Uses. This evidence may be admissible for another purpose, such as proving motive, opportunity, intent, preparation, plan, knowledge, identity, absence of mistake, or lack of accident.

(3) Notice in a Criminal Case. In a criminal case, the prosecutor must:

(A) provide reasonable notice of any such evidence that the prosecutor intends to offer at trial, so that the defendant has a fair opportunity to meet it;

(B) articulate in the notice the permitted purpose for which the prosecutor intends to offer the evidence and the reasoning that supports the purpose; and

(C) do so in writing before trial — or in any form during trial if the court, for good cause, excuses lack of pretrial notice.

IANAL, but I think if these tapes are admitted, it would be detrimental to the case against BL. The reason I say this is that it would be the tapes themselves and possibly the police reports as written, that would be considered as evidence. And we all know that both show that the police determined that GP was the aggressor against BL and in fact they nearly arrested her for DV. I don't think prosecutors would admit the tapes and say "but the police conclusions were wrong" - that wouldn't he helpful at all. Even assuming there is a review of the Moab response and it is found to have been handled incorrectly, why would you admit these tapes and then say that the conclusions were wrong? I just don't see how the tapes could be helpful to the prosection. MOO

When/if there is a grand jury hearing for a murder indictment I suspect the Laundries will be called to testify (including Cassie and her husband). If they attempt to plead the 5th I suspect they will given limited immunity to compel their testimony.

I don't see what evidence they could give about the murder. If there are charges related to BL's flight, or covering up the crime, then their testimony might be relevant, but as far as we know, none of the parents has anything to do with whatever happened in Wyoming.

Sep 11th
"Brian Laundrie's family stated that the subject <Gabby> was not at the residence and they did not know her whereabouts. They refused to allow Brian to speak with law enforcement and directed the officers on scene to speak with their attorney."

https://www.scribd.com/document/526506380/Search-Warrant-Hard-Drive-Gabby-Petito-Brian-Laudrie

Can one of the attorneys posting to the board explain why the officers couldn't/didn't respond "Well, Brian is an adult so he's gonna have to tell us to bug off himself."

My guess is they had to be looking for something specific to get a warrant. I don't know if anyone was even home when LE hauled the van away. ???? jmo
I imagine the report of the DV incident had filtered through the wires by then..
But, realistically how could they get one before then?
An adult woman was missing.
She did not report the theft of her vehicle because she was too dead to do so.

Then again, there could be more to this than meets the eye.
When the Police Chief tweets SB to get in touch, it's certainly out of the norm, by any standards.
Maybe wheels within wheels, maybe not.
I don't know enough to call it and it's not something I'd want to do lightly.

There's a kind of a theme going on with NNPD. They're too smart to say anything outright but they're sounding as bemused as we are.
Is he dead? A. 50/50
And now the Feds are running it and maybe not in the way they like...?
This is me speculating, just my impression at this time.
Here's the tweet I was referencing. JMO
It's hard to know who is calling the shots here and who has been calling them historically.
https://twitter.com/NPPDPoliceChief/status/1438242034775732236?s=20

I am not sure what driving the van and using the credit card has to do with the Moab tapes admissibility?

As I have said, I am not talking about BL's guilt. I am speaking of whether the Moab tapes will be admissible at trial. If the defense will fight to keep them out, or if the defense would want them included.
If I were the defense and they were admitted, I would take the transcript and reverse who said what, making Brian say what Gabby said and Gabby say what Brian said. I think it would be an I interesting exercise in how many view and value the gender differences in the situation. MOO!

Imo - B sister said Gabby's name never came up while they were all camping together because of her kids. Please. Kids, even little ones, can be within your sight but out of earshot. Or someone could have pulled B aside and asked him what is going on with Gabby.
Imo.

Have we read or been told that only Gabby's name was on these cards?
Was either of her parents attached to any of these cards? Have we been told?

As an example, I have four daughters and on each of their accounts is their name, but my name is also on there. Sometimes to float them money, or god forbid something tragic was to happen to them I have access to that account.

As for my credit cards, I have attached their names to different credit cards I have so they can earn a higher credit score.

I don't think we've been told yet if a parent(s) name was also on an account.

If there was a parent or parents they would have immediate access to transactions on that account.

That is true, as far as I know we don't know if they were joint accounts. If so I would assume the other party could Grant permission. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993