Found Safe Canada - Lori Rushton, 76, Williams Lake, BC, requires oxygen support, 14 Oct 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

MsMiniSleuth

Reaction score
Missing Woman in Williams Lake, BC – Lori Rushton, 72. (BC Silver Alert)

The Williams Lake RCMP are requesting the public’s help in locating a missing person that has not been seen since October 14, 2021.

On Thursday, October 14, 2021, Lori Rushton was reported missing after she left her home at 5:17 PM and did not return. Lori requires oxygen support but left her home without it. Lori has recently been diagnosed with various medical issues and police are very concerned for her well-being.

Lori Rushton is described as:

Indigenous woman
72 years

If you have any information about Lori Rushton or where she might be, contact the Williams Lake RCMP at (250) 392-6211

Missing Woman in Williams Lake, BC – Lori Rushton, 72. (BC Silver Alert)

(This is quite an extensive piece, with updates, video and further images. Click link at bottom)

The daughter of missing senior Lori Rushton of Williams Lake continues to be very worried for the safety of her mom.

“I’m so afraid. It’s getting dark again and it’s been more than 24 hours,” Shari Rushton said Friday at about 5:30 p.m. outside her parents’ home at 1608 Evergreen Street on South Lakeside where Central Cariboo Search and Rescue has now set up a command centre for the search and still has teams actively searching.

Shari said her mom just turned 76 on Sept. 19.

“She is so tiny. She weighs 90 pounds,” she said. “She doesn’t have dementia, but she has COPD, emphysema and was short of oxygen. She is probably curled up somewhere, I don’t think she is capable of going too far.”

Shari said her parents have lived at the house for 52 years. Before that they lived on Juniper Street below in a duplex and before that very close to South Lakeside in a triplex.

“Mom was the loans manager at the credit union for 24 years. She kept her brain active by playing cards and being an avid reader. My mom’s the glue that holds our family together.”

Lori was last seen going outside of the house to sit in the front at about 4 p.m. Thursday. Ten or 15 minutes later when her husband Jerry Rushton came to check on her, she was gone.

People have been asking Shari where her mother could have wandered off too, but in the last six months Lori hasn’t really been able to walk so it has been surprising to the family that she is missing."

Update: Williams Lake search for missing senior continues for the second night - Williams Lake Tribune

Update 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 16

Jerry Rushton of Williams Lake said while the response has been ‘astronomical,’ it is frustrating the search for his wife Lori Rushton, now in its third day, has revealed nothing so far.

“If we could just get some bloody results,” he said Saturday. “It is frustrating, after so long.”

Lori was last seen on Thursday, Oct. 14 at about 4 p.m. when she went outside of their home at 1608 Evergreen Street in the South Lakeside area to smoke a cigarette.

Jerry went outside to check on her 10 or 15 minutes later and she was gone.

“I’m humbled and amazed by the people responding,” he said as he sat outside on the front porch. “Even Mayor Walt Cobb phoned me first thing when he found out. Him and I go back since we were kids. My wife and his wife were at the dormitory in high school together for three years.”

Update: Day three of search for missing Williams Lake senior continues - Williams Lake Tribune

It's a mystery how she could have just disappeared within 15 minutes with no one seeing her.

Though having looked on Google maps, the area is very rural and woody, so I can see how you could be looking for someone for days, weeks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mydermarie26
Back