NY NY - Frank Passafiume, Brooklyn, 14 April 1976

thank you, I have one, I'm not sure why it didn't show me.

Case Information
First name: Frank
Middle name: S
Last name: Passafiume
Date last seen: April 14, 1976 00:00
Date entered: 03/07/2013
Age last seen: 28 to 28 years old
Age now: 65 years old
Race: White
Sex: Male
Height (inches): 69.0
Weight (pounds): 145.0

Circumstances
City: Brooklyn
State: New York
County: Kings
Circumstances: missing

Physical
Hair color: Brown
Left eye color: Brown
Right eye color: Brown

DNA
Guidelines for Collection of DNA Status: Sample submitted - Tests complete

Fingerprint Information

Police Information
Title: Detective
First name: David
Last name: Ramirez
Phone: 212-694-7781
Case number: MPS8687
Jurisdiction: Local
Agency: NYPD Missing Persons Squad
Address: 2770 Frederick Douglas Blvd.
City: New York
Zip code: 10039

Contacts
Case Manager
First Name: Kevin
Last Name: Bouyea
Phone: 518-464-7145
Regional Administrator
First Name: Lori
Last Name: Bruski
Email: Lori.Bruski@unthsc.edu
Phone: 817-718-7904

Passafiume, Frank S - 4/14/1976

So searching tonight I found this below.. Does anyone know how common the Passafiume last name is? I found this guy in Brooklyn same age and last name but seems to be alive. Could he be the same guy? Is this info even correct?

Attachments

• 6BAB0B23-3554-4FF7-ABE5-DD4E6C9D92F1.png
    6BAB0B23-3554-4FF7-ABE5-DD4E6C9D92F1.png
    268.4 KB · Views: 10
So searching tonight I found this below.. Does anyone know how common the Passafiume last name is? I found this guy in Brooklyn same age and last name but seems to be alive. Could he be the same guy? Is this info even correct?

I actually did family trees for all of them. Literally every single passafiume I could find. Hundreds. I might be ridiculous. That person on troutman *is* the right frank s. passafiume, at least I believe so, but the data is taken from public records - really old ones. this is an edited version of the email I sent namus, redacted:

"After obsessively creating family trees for literally every single Passafiume I could find record of for the last 100 years in the US – okay yes I may have a research problem – I have basically excluded all but one family. I am not definite about this because I promised you I wouldn’t contact anybody, so I cannot confirm their Frank is the missing Frank S. Passafiume...." (i sent the namus rep all the data)

here's what you are talking about, @madamx -

"I did find a Frank S. Passafiume living sometime during 1950-1993 in public records. (real helpful huge date span there.) Birth Date 1 Jun 1948 Address 244 Troutman St Residence Place Brooklyn, New York, USA Zip Code 11237-2166. Interestingly, he was living with a Lucia Passafiume, who has since passed and I believe was much older.

Interestingly, there was a murder of a Passafiume for *not cooperating* with the mafia in Sicily. Again, I can’t tell that it’s any relation."

anyway i redacted most of this because it's living people or references them, but you get the idea. I found one family that could fit and gave him everything I could find out from Frank's mother all the way down to his currently POSSIBLY living sisters. At this point, it relies upon LE contacting the two sisters and asking if this is their departed brother Frank. Then they could submit some dna, but I don't know if LE is pursuing this at all. I know it GOT to them because I trust NAMUS when they say they gave it to them, and I did hear from NY VICAP. But that's it.

I actually did family trees for all of them. Literally every single passafiume I could find. Hundreds. I might be ridiculous. That person on troutman *is* the right frank s. passafiume, at least I believe so, but the data is taken from public records - really old ones. this is an edited version of the email I sent namus, redacted:

"After obsessively creating family trees for literally every single Passafiume I could find record of for the last 100 years in the US – okay yes I may have a research problem – I have basically excluded all but one family. I am not definite about this because I promised you I wouldn’t contact anybody, so I cannot confirm their Frank is the missing Frank S. Passafiume...." (i sent the namus rep all the data)

"I did find a Frank S. Passafiume living sometime during 1950-1993 in public records. (real helpful huge date span there.) Birth Date 1 Jun 1948 Address 244 Troutman St Residence Place Brooklyn, New York, USA Zip Code 11237-2166. Interestingly, he was living with a Lucia Passafiume, who has since passed and I believe was much older.

Interestingly, there was a murder of a Passafiume for *not cooperating* with the mafia in Sicily. Again, I can’t tell that it’s any relation."

anyway i redacted most of this because it's living people or references them, but you get the idea. I found one family that could fit and gave him everything I could find out from Frank's mother all the way down to his currently POSSIBLY living sisters. At this point, it relies upon LE contacting the two sisters and asking if this is their departed brother Frank. Then they could submit some dna, but I don't know if LE is pursuing this at all. I know it GOT to them because I trust NAMUS when they say they gave it to them, and I did hear from NY VICAP. But that's it.

Wow Keri amazing you have done a lot to find Frank. I really hope LE works with everything you gave them!!

Keiri, it’s 2022 and I don’t believe the police have done a thing. I just reached out again with this information to push for a closure but no luck. Do you know if there is any living family possibly? The police may need a push from them sadly. This was reported in 2018 and 2021 and closure is long over due considering the incidents happened in the same state at the same time and tons of people from VA have been crossed off the list.

I know that the officer I spoke to at the time was waiting on Othram labs, and I know I provided two very possible sisters and contact info for them. I don’t know if he reached out to them or not, but they either need to get verified family dna to compare it to or get lucky with othram. I know at a minimum they have at least started the dna process.

I do have the two sisters’ info. The officer asked me not to approach them, that they would handle it.

just fyi--

The Virginia exclusions are because a few years ago, Virginia LE made a concerted push to identify their missing and unidentified, and they checked every one against every possible match in Namus. NY LE wouldn't necessarily have had to do anything.

just fyi--

The Virginia exclusions are because a few years ago, Virginia LE made a concerted push to identify their missing and unidentified, and they checked every one against every possible match in Namus. NY LE wouldn't necessarily have had to do anything.
Yes but both the mp and the up are in New York. :(

Do you guys think this is worth a submit for frank? Unidentified: Town of Lysander, Onondaga County - well, I submitted it after researching and finding that was a dumping ground for Gambino victims.
Hello this is Frank’s son, Frankie. Please send me any information you may have on my dad. Anything will help. I never got to meet my dad. He went missing 4 month after I was born.

My name is Frankie Passafiume, this is my father Frank S Passafiume who went missing April of 1976. Please if you have any information regarding this case please share.

Attachments

• 70874686631__DC5F3E3B-895A-40D0-9446-F2107BF493F8.jpeg
    70874686631__DC5F3E3B-895A-40D0-9446-F2107BF493F8.jpeg
    109.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 70874688016__4AE689B9-872A-476D-B5DA-E5A7EB716CEF.jpeg
    70874688016__4AE689B9-872A-476D-B5DA-E5A7EB716CEF.jpeg
    78 KB · Views: 12
  • 70874693817__3C79CDDF-5E73-4478-9B70-3D0F8965F9B3.jpeg
    70874693817__3C79CDDF-5E73-4478-9B70-3D0F8965F9B3.jpeg
    63.7 KB · Views: 12
Case Information
First name: Frank
Middle name: S
Last name: Passafiume
Date last seen: April 14, 1976 00:00
Date entered: 03/07/2013
Age last seen: 28 to 28 years old
Age now: 65 years old
Race: White
Sex: Male
Height (inches): 69.0
Weight (pounds): 145.0

Circumstances
City: Brooklyn
County: Kings
Circumstances: missing

Physical
Hair color: Brown
Left eye color: Brown
Right eye color: Brown

DNA
Guidelines for Collection of DNA Status: Sample submitted - Tests complete

Fingerprint Information

Police Information
Title: Detective
First name: David
Last name: Ramirez
Phone: 212-694-7781
Case number: MPS8687
Jurisdiction: Local
Agency: NYPD Missing Persons Squad
Address: 2770 Frederick Douglas Blvd.
City: New York
Zip code: 10039

Contacts
Case Manager
First Name: Kevin
Last Name: Bouyea
Phone: 518-464-7145
Regional Administrator
First Name: Lori
Last Name: Bruski
Email: Lori.Bruski@unthsc.edu
Phone: 817-718-7904

Passafiume, Frank S - 4/14/1976
Please share any information about my dad.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back