Dentals: Unavailable; all teeth missing post mortem
Fingerprints: Unavailable
DNA: mtDNA submitted, tests not complete

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: None
Jewelry: None
Additional Personal Items: None

Circumstances of Discovery
A human skull was found by a passerby in a rural, wooded area near FM 455, approximately 2 miles west of HWY 75. The skull was originally discovered 6 months prior but was officially reported on May 1, 1996.

The skull was found on the ground surface, not buried. A depiction of a black cat is drawn above and centered between the eye orbits. What appears to be the number "13" is drawn in white on the chest of the cat.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Collin County Medical Examiner's Office
Agency Contact Person: Robert Laughon, Medical Death Investigator
Agency Phone Number: 972-548-3775
Agency E-Mail: medicalexam(at)collincountytx.gov
Agency Case Number: CC-432-96

Agency Name: Collin County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: Sgt. Mike Vance
Agency Phone Number: 972-547-5100
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 96012215

NCIC Case Number: U-670001825
NamUs Case Number: 3690
Former Hot Case Number: 2069

Information Source(s)
NamUs
Collin Co ME

Admin Notes
Added: 8/19/10; Last Updated: 9/1/21

The population of Anna was 1.6% in 2020. I'm going to guess that she was from a larger metropolitan area. The closest is D/FW but really she could be from anywhere. What a strange case - I wish there was a photo of the skull.

The black cat and 13 give me some Satanist vibes...
May be a bought skull (medical specimen, many coming from Asia from people selling their body to science) but the presence of "soft tissues" actually is not in favor of this theory.

Or it's someone trying to lead the investigation in the wrong direction. Not saying that's definitely what it is but it could be a red herring.
Yeah, it gives me more "bored preteen" vibes than anything else. I wonder if it's a detailed drawing or just like a stick figure-type thing.

The drawing on the skull is super weird. That being said, I don't think it's actually satanic. I'm far from an expert on satanism but I really don't think their practices involve sketching on the skulls of their murder victims. Imo, like others have said, it's likely it was a red herring to throw LE off their tracks and try to convince them it was a satanic cult ritual. Wasn't this the era of the satanic panic anyway? It fits, to me.

Also I woneder whether the Asian actually is accurate.
She may have been Hispanic, Native or even of European heritage.
This skull needs some autosomal DNA taken

Also I woneder whether the Asian actually is accurate.
She may have been Hispanic, Native or even of European heritage.
This skull needs some autosomal DNA taken

I remember Christy Crystal Creek having thought to be Asian and actually being white, and Princess Blue having thought to be black and actually being white...not impossible that this Jane Doe wasn't Asian. Or maybe part Asian? Idk. I'm mixed white/Asian and always wonder what whoever found my skull would assume my race was.

The drawings on her skull remind me of something you'd get as a Friday the 13th flash tattoo. Super, super weird no matter what the circumstances are.

If she was murdered, her killer would have to have kept her body around for long enough for it to decompose so they could draw on her skull. Or someone found the skull, drew on it, and didn't say anything- It says on her DoeNet page that her skull was discovered 6 months before it was actually reported, so maybe that's the case?

The drawings on her skull remind me of something you'd get as a Friday the 13th flash tattoo. Super, super weird no matter what the circumstances are.

If she was murdered, her killer would have to have kept her body around for long enough for it to decompose so they could draw on her skull. Or someone found the skull, drew on it, and didn't say anything- It says on her DoeNet page that her skull was discovered 6 months before it was actually reported, so maybe that's the case?

Edited because I just saw this
On NamUs
Circumstances of Recovery: EDD IS 3 YRS PLUS SKULL F0UND IN RURAL WOODED AREA 0N FM 455. THE SKULL HAD BEEN DISCOVERED APPROX. 6 MONTHS EARLIER, BUT WAS OFFICIALLY REPORTED ON 5-1-96. THE ORIGINAL PLACE OF DISCOVERY IS LISTED IN THIS ENTRY. THE SKULL WAS FOUND ON THE GROUND SURFACE, NOT BURIED. A DEPICTION OF A CAT IS DRAWN ON THE FRONTAL BONE SUPERIOR TO THE GLABELLA. WHAT APPEARS TO BE THE NUMBER "13" IS DRAWN IN WHITE ON THE CHEST OF THE CAT.

The fact that they specify original place of discovery makes me think the person/people who found it took it home!? Maybe they were the ones to drew on it?

Last edited:
The number 13 is gang related as well. Not sure about the cat being gang related but the P***y word is used by the gang m13 dang it, I will have to go back and look that up. I do know some of slang from volunteer work. The cat could be a tag the 13 in the middle it stikes a connection for me to gangs

The number 13 is gang related as well. Not sure about the cat being gang related but the P***y word is used by the gang m13 dang it, I will have to go back and look that up. I do know some of slang from volunteer work. The cat could be a tag the 13 in the middle it stikes a connection for me to gangs

It's possible, but to me that seems unlikely. The black cat with a number 13 is very much goth/superstition/magic/Halloween related. That the skull was apparently originally discovered prior but wasn't reported for 6 months makes me think maybe some bored teens found it and drew the cat, considering six months prior to May 1st is around Halloween. They probably drew it then and left the skull and eventually someone else reported it.

I can see the above theory working if some kids thought it was a fake skull/Halloween prop.

It's possible, but to me that seems unlikely. The black cat with a number 13 is very much goth/superstition/magic/Halloween related. That the skull was apparently originally discovered prior but wasn't reported for 6 months makes me think maybe some bored teens found it and drew the cat, considering six months prior to May 1st is around Halloween. They probably drew it then and left the skull and eventually someone else reported it.
I understand stand what you are thinking.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back