Found Deceased MO - Raffaella Maria Stroik, 23, Monroe Co, 12 Nov 2018

Momof2wats,
You are a very mysterious person! Now I find myself wondering "what in the heck are wats"?

Thank you so much for responding to my post here. Your comments are extremely helpful because you live so close. I keep forgetting what the weather was that day. I hesitate to say too much here out of respect for both Raffaella and her family, but must admit, I find it a connundrum.

Momof2wats, can you comment on this? From the above article, she was found "fully clothed, including a windbreaker suit of pants and jacket, shoes, jacket and gloves." Would that fit for a person intending to be outside for some time "hiking" in that location on that day in your opinion?

And, for anyone here: Momof2wats' comment about the investigation not being closed if police believe no foul play was involved: Is this common? Are investigations often left "open" in such cases?

TIA!

A couple of other thoughts/questions:
Momof2wats, I think you commented some time back that there was some snow in the area? I can't find anything at the exact area where she was located (Mark Twain Lake). The nearest weather record I can find for that Monday is in Hannibal, but it lists no precipitation. Can you confirm that there was, indeed, some snow in the area?

Also, and I'm sure this has been pointed out previously, I find it odd that she was on parked on the further side of the lake from St. Louis. I wonder why? Why that lake/park? Why that side of it? Is Mark Twain Lake known for it's winter beauty? I think it's definitely well known for boating in the summer, but are people often drawn to it in the winter?
The reason I ask is that there are parks that are big draws in winter, for snow-shoeing, hiking, etc., but it doesn't seem from anything I've read that lot's of people are to be found at Mark Twain Lake during the cold months.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back