Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree. There were so many other ways to handle it. I too think that there's absolutely no strong theory about where BL might be. They behaved as if he was thought to be armed and dangerous, which tells me...they don't know. They apparently think he's capable of assuming someone else's identity. and finding a new woman right away (they could have called the room and asked to speak to her, for starters). They also could have done a quick internet search and found that this was the wrong guy...

I think they're a little bit stumped right now and they're actually floundering a bit. w

Whilst under pressure to look like the search is still active, LE the 'sledgehammer for a thumbtack' approach in this raid.

MOO

I am a bit behind on the thread but I can think and identify many reasons (only to counter this, not as any sort of determination or personal belief).

Note: I am also a hard core introvert by nature, so this is through my lens only.
1. They may have never engaged in a conversation before ever with Gabby's parents and had heard too many stories from Gabby about histories involved to engage now.
2. They may have simply not even seen the messages and calls until they became threatening with the police. It appears that Brian didn't much care for regular phone use, maybe they don't either, on their personal lines and when they looked, they knew nothing good would come of it and turned the communications over to the authorities and their attorney.
3. Maybe they knew that whoever Brian left Gabby with, IF he did-big IF, was/had been involved in something not so good and they wanted nothing to do with such a thing and didn't want to be the ones to tell her parents. Legal reasons.
4. Maybe they just have a rule about allowing toxicity into their lives and by the time they heard the messages and saw the texts, they decided it might be best to have the authorities handle it, instead of stepping into a fire that had begun to build.
5. There are additional theories that are possible, some even probable but, for very good reasons, are not able to be debated here due to TOS.
6. Final thoughts, we simply don't know what we don't know. So we are left with only assumptions and our own experiences to fill in the blanks.

There may be a GREAT reason that they made these choices. There may be NO reason (unlikely, but quite possible) and that would be terribly difficult to reconcile.

Please know that I only share these as possibilities on this side of the scale since that is what was mentioned. I very much agree that the opposite may also be true and deservedly confounding.

MOO!
Oh. I considered every one of those and, for me, they all fizzled out at the question, "why not tell LE where she was last seen" unless you knew what ever you said wasn't going to be any help to her. Granted. It's possible they didn't know she was dead and considered it better to not tell LE what BL told them to not implicate BL. But then, that brings me back to the start of these posts in that that would make them reprehensible for not helping if they thought she was alive.

Last edited:
This was the text send to Gabby's mom right? I guess that knocks out my theory....wait unless like I first thought. Someone called Stan might have been calling Gabby. Then Brian saw the messages, knew Gabby's grandfather was named Stan, so he sent the text to Gabby's mom to let Stan know someone else was calling Gabby not Stan.....

Why text Gabby's mom, and not call Stan's number directly to let him know Gabby was getting his calls and voice mails?

The voice mail could have gone like this:

HI. Stan. Call me.

As in [this is Stan] call me.

But, Brian thought it was a call to Stan, not from Stan. And if Brian was over possessive it could have come from blocked number or someone using the name Stan.

If this is right, why hasnt Stan come forward?

My brain hurts haha o_O

You might be onto something here. What a twist if it turns out it was RL that she phoned..

If not during the stop, I would bet she called some member of the L family for advice soon after and that is why the FL flight happened. I bet the Ls were aware of specific recurrent problems in their relationship (that led to the overnights with Rose), and maybe had insight into possible causes that are outside of TOS for discussion here. MOO, just speculating.

Stan is the name of Gabby's grandfather. The text was unusual because Gabby was not in the habit of calling her grandfather by his given name.
ETA link
‘Odd text’ from Gabby Petito’s phone was first sign something was wrong, mother told investigators

I am thinking Stan was not Gabby's grandfather. But, someone else...
Stan is the name of Gabby's grandfather. The text was unusual because Gabby was not in the habit of calling her grandfather by his given name.
ETA link
‘Odd text’ from Gabby Petito’s phone was first sign something was wrong, mother told investigators

I suspected it was not from Spreading Creek. But, maybe Brian had already taken the phone with him when he went to cleanup. After Gabby was gone. That fits.

If she called RL, maybe RL arranged for BL to fly home...for whatever reason. Others have said that on the bodycam, BL says he was on medication of some kind. It could be the RL had him fly home to get his meds checked, if he was on medication.

just re bold part above

If you type 'medication' into your search when viewing this transcript it seems that he replies that he is not actually on meds
( whether that is true or false, or whether he ought to have been as per his reiteration of his doctor's comments.... IDK, but you can glean his replies from the cop's answers wtte of I am not on any meds )
Gabby Petito & Brian Laundrie Utah Bodycam Footage Transcript Before Disappearance

It’s been over four weeks since Brian left his house. Authorities have been unable to find him. After this length of time he has to be running low on food. It would be essential to replenish his supplies. Is someone helping him purchase supplies?
Even if he has a burner phone it needs to be recharged.

Solar chargers. All he needs is sunshine! ;)

I haven’t read through several pages today but have a question. Is someone suing CL for their sign removal or is that a hoax?

Does anyone know what has happened to GP’s van? If it’s already been processed for evidence do they release it or do they keep it for a potential trial? Could this mean there is evidence in the van, if they’re keeping hold of it? If no crime was committed in it would they need to keep it? Just some questions I have tonight. JMO
In the event she didn't pay cash for it, I'm wondering who is currently making the payments. Perhaps that's all suspended when a crime takes place.

If LE gets a court order to wiretap, they can monitor all of the Laundries' calls/emails/texts, imo.
I think aiding and abetting a fugitive is illegal even for attorneys.

JMO
You need some pretty darn good probable cause to wiretap an ordinary citizen (who is not a terrorist or someone involved with RICO). You can't wiretap a citizen simply because they are refusing to speak to or help LE and happen to be related to someone under investigation and could be, may be, have in the past, might in the future help a fugitive. They'd need some kind of probable cause that RL and/or CL is actually helping him, not just that they could or might.

There's the added complication of the attorney. You absolutely cannot wiretap communication between an attorney and client. That's a whole other headache the FBI would want to avoid unless it involves something huge like a terrorist attack or assassination plot against the president or something.

I think if it's that easy to wiretap citizens, why would you need investigators? Just wiretap everyone remotely involved and be done with it. imo

This was the text send to Gabby's mom right? I guess that knocks out my theory....wait unless like I first thought. Someone called Stan might have been calling Gabby. Then Brian saw the messages, knew Gabby's grandfather was named Stan, so he sent the text to Gabby's mom to let Stan know someone else was calling Gabby not Stan.....

Why text Gabby's mom, and not call Stan's number directly to let him know Gabby was getting his calls and voice mails?

The voice mail could have gone like this:

HI. Stan. Call me.

As in [this is Stan] call me.

But, Brian thought it was a call to Stan, not from Stan. And if Brian was over possessive it could have come from blocked number or someone using the name Stan.

If this is right, why hasnt Stan come forward?

Why would Gabby's grandfather speak to the media or "come forward"? I'm pretty sure Gabby's family knows how to reach him.

There's no evidence that Brian thought it was a call to Stan. It sounds as if Gabby's phone was getting blown up by texts from Grandpa (who may have heard from her fairly often).

Further, Brian apparently didn't keep his own phone charge (and sometimes wasn't even sure if he had a phone). So, I bet he was in the habit of using Gabby's - cuts down on expenses...

Brian sent the text, IMO, and did not want to talk to Grandpa. He was upset and busy that day.

yes that's right - officer 2 = woman officer
time stamps match
officer 2
Officer 2: (44:32)
She’s got her cellphone. She’s calling her parents, just to feel better. She doesn’t want to not be with him tonight.

Gabby Petito: (49:48)
I just-

Officer Robbins: (49:49)
I’ll let you get back to your parents. Okay?

Gabby Petito: (49:50)
Okay.
Gabby Petito & Brian Laundrie Utah Bodycam Footage Transcript Before Disappearance

my personal feeling is that Gabby did make a call ( rather than pretend to call somebody ) just because of the context of how upset she was & upset about being separated for the night/ about being alone by the officers.
Not sure what her motivation to make a fake call would be?

I'd noticed this the first time I watched it but never really circled back to it.

At 44:32, the female officer (standing outside the vehicle, with the door shut) says that GP is calling her parents.

At 48:54, (about 4 minutes later) the police officer opens the door to the vehicle, and immediately -- without saying "goodbye" or "hold on" or "give me a minute," GP moves the phone from her ear, sets it in her lap, and starts talking to the officers.

At 49:50, when the officer tells her he'll "let you get back to your parents," he then shuts the door before she can pick up the phone again.

Was there anywhere else in the video that actually shows her talking on the phone? Because there's no indication that I saw on the body cam that she actually got a hold of anyone during the stop.

ETA: It was a Thursday afternoon, so maybe her mom was at work/busy and didn't pick up?

(Including screen shots of those seconds when the officer opens the door)

Attachments

• gp48.54.png
    gp48.54.png
    571.8 KB · Views: 55
  • gp48.55b.png
    gp48.55b.png
    651.1 KB · Views: 54
  • gp48.56.png
    gp48.56.png
    706.7 KB · Views: 52
  • gp48.57.png
    gp48.57.png
    658.2 KB · Views: 44
Too funny. She obviously knows nothing about how houses are built here. The vast majority of homes are slab construction. The old Florida Cracker style homes are raised up on blocks about a foot or two. Nobody builds those anymore. The houses along the beach are built on concrete pillars/stilts.

…..actress Kirstie Alley tweeted he could be hiding in the "crawlspace" in his Florida house.

I totally agree with you @PayrollNerd. Why do people listen to these Hollywood types? Quite frankly, IMHO they know far less than my WS pals. I would trust most anyone on WS before I would listen to these babblers.

In the event she didn't pay cash for it, I'm wondering who is currently making the payments. Perhaps that's all suspended when a crime takes place.

Off topic and NAL, but I remember during the Mollie Tibbetts trial, the cousin who owned the murderer's car testified that she had continued paying on the car even though it was being held for evidence! MOO

Maybe the raid on the NOT BRIAN guy was a bit over the top to scare the L’s into coming forward? Or maybe BL? Just thinking out loud……MOO

Why would Gabby's grandfather speak to the media or "come forward"? I'm pretty sure Gabby's family knows how to reach him.

There's no evidence that Brian thought it was a call to Stan. It sounds as if Gabby's phone was getting blown up by texts from Grandpa (who may have heard from her fairly often).

Further, Brian apparently didn't keep his own phone charge (and sometimes wasn't even sure if he had a phone). So, I bet he was in the habit of using Gabby's - cuts down on expenses...

Brian sent the text, IMO, and did not want to talk to Grandpa. He was upset and busy that day.

What I was getting at was that Stan whoever that was, was not Stan the grandfather. Was someone else Gabby was in touch with. Maybe that was the person Gabby called when sitting in the LE car in Moab. Someone Brian was unaware of.

But if is was Gabby's grandfather, maybe that is who she called during the Moab stop. Still trying to figure out who she called.

And if calls were FROM Stan, why not call him back??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong