Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be nice to know. My guess is after.

imo, It was either:
  • sent by GP to alarm mom, or
  • sent by BL to pretend that GP was alive but just wouldn't be returning calls.

Mom said something was off about the text.

Alarm bells were ringing from that text either way.

In my opinion, it seems Aug 27th were when the bells tolled, and this text will most likely be what ties BL to the murder of GP.

For all the back and forth on the Stan text I think this text will be crucial. Why? I tend to believe that POI BL sent the text but it was meant for RL not NS. JMHO

We aren’t privy to her thoughts, of course, but it is listed on the warrant for BL and he was the person near her daughter most of the time during the trip. He also knows who Stan is and would have connected Stan to her if he wanted to stop the attempted contact. I don’t think she had to say it — she knew it didn’t make sense and who the logical texter was even though GP wasn’t known to be missing yet.

moo
Is it possible BL used the wrong phone and thought he was sending the message to his mom? Maybe there is another Stan involved. jmo

I keep going back to the Apple Watch.

Could GP have not been allowed to use her phone, but when the iPhone was on (maybe BL using it), could she then have sent the text about Stan via the watch? Because that was her only means of communication? And she had to word the text as to not upset BL further if he found it, but alert her mom? But then, maybe BL found the text and blew his top because he knew she was secretly asking for LE?

any way police can determine the source of the text? via watch or iPhone?

Would be interesting if the source of the text were the watch.
I think the watch has tons of evidence including prior sounds. That’s one of the ways they knew what happened to Khashoggi ( when investigators listened to the watch via the phone his fiancé had).

For all the back and forth on the Stan text I think this text will be crucial. Why? I tend to believe that POI BL sent the text but it was meant for RL not NS. JMHO
I’ve said the same thing! I think Stan is someone who was helping him! I think he texted using Gabby’s phone and meant for it to go to his Mom and forgets that a Mom text from contacts will go to Gabby’s mom.

Yup. The other piece we don't know is who else BL was texting from Gabby's phone during those days. He could have been texting several people and mistakenly sent one meant for RL to GS. That's why it made no sense to GS.

We only know about the texts to GS because GS told us about them. Others are not talking. jmo

(edited for focus)

One question - has the ME pinpointed specific dates beyond saying "two to three weeks"? I really heard that as a very loose timeframe, rather than pointing to a precise week.
The reason the coroner gave a vague time frame has more to do with rate of decomposition, which varies by temperature, and stages of insect life around the body which follow a pattern. So it could be this or that, but we know the last time that GP was seen alive was Aug 27th. So don't worry about the scientific 3-4 week vagueness, but think about the facts we know.

I don't understand why she would pretend to call anyone though? If she didn't want to speak with anyone, she didn't have to make a phone call at all. MOO

I agree with you. One reason she might have made a pretend call, could have something to do with the adrenaline rush of being pulled over coupled with GP's age (immaturity) and the fact they were pulled over because a stranger reported her boyfriend was hitting her... so perhaps it was a reflex type thing to act like she was calling her parents?

I don't know, I am like you just trying to figure out what was going on with that phone call to no one... (or so it seems).

I’ve said the same thing! I think Stan is someone who was helping him! I think he texted using Gabby’s phone and meant for it to go to his Mom and forgets that a Mom text from contacts will go to Gabby’s mom.
I think it is a real possibility. I also think that he may have realized his mistake and that's why he disposed of the phones.
We can't sleuth the parents or family but I do wonder if Stan is who is "helping" him. jmo

I agree with you. One reason she might have made a pretend call, could have something to do with the adrenaline rush of being pulled over coupled with GP's age (immaturity) and the fact they were pulled over because a stranger reported her boyfriend was hitting her... so perhaps it was a reflex type thing to act like she was calling her parents?

I don't know, I am like you just trying to figure out what was going on with that phone call to no one... (or so it seems).

All along I assumed she had talked to her parents. I missed that they said they didn't know about Moab. I agree with someone earlier who posted that I think the parents would have just said they couldn't comment if they had been asked by LE not to talk about it, so the fact that they said they didn't hear about it makes me feel like she must have called someone else. It is a mystery! MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4